12-07-2009
architect1803 wrote:

Ok, I'll make this as short as I can.

I started working at Kohl's in Houston, TX a few years ago before deciding to go back to architecture school. I've also been dj'ing for a number of years. That being said, I've scoured many genres and I've heard many many songs, almost to the point where I can listen to one artist, familiarize myself with that style, and recognize it again when I hear it. But not this one.

From about 2006-2007, I worked the men's department and then worked with the ad-set team. It seemed to me that almost only in the mornings, this particular song was played. I recognize almost all songs played during those years at Kohl's, except for this God forsaken song that I've been trying to hunt since then.

I only recall the soft, mellow and semi-high pitched female voice saying something like: "how does it feel (....some weird verse...) How does it feel...(again, some verse...)..". Then I believe the chorus goes: "Everyday.....everynight (.....) it's the city boy".

I wish I had more lyrics than that, but unfortunately I don't. I haven't been to Kohl's in about a year (I'll probably finishing my Christmas shopping there this week). I'll purposely walk the floor in the morning to see if that song is still played.

"Me As Helen Of Troy" by Cinnamon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC4X2GtqZxg