SOLVED:Popular Instrumental Song

Thread: SOLVED:Popular Instrumental Song

Tags: 2000s, electro, instrumental, piano, popular
  1. Jamarlie said:

Question SOLVED:Popular Instrumental Song

Desperation is high over here, I have been googling with various keywords for over an hour now, and still couldn't get any usable result, despite the fact that I can exactly tell you what the song is. I just can't figure it's name.
    Info about the song:
    It is an electro song, purely instrumental. It's main melody is on a piano/sounds a lot like a piano. It was really popular around 2000-2010, probably also made in that time. Used to be on the radio a lot, as well as on good old MTV, it also has a pretty sad mood to it. I can even tell you with pretty high certainty (using a bpm clicker and the melody stuck in my head) that the song seems to have a 150ish BPM.
    It also happens to have a music video, I believe from what I remember that it showed a girl on some kind of journey through some European landscapes, I also believe in a car. The video was black and white/rather colorless from what I can remember (have mercy for not knowing exactly what it was anymore, I was like 8 when I saw the video to this song the last time).

The songs melody is hard to put in words, I can somewhat try to give you the heights of the notes however, since that kinda says a lot about it and the melody of it is really notorious. You can easily get this song stuck in your head because of it's catchy melody. Remember, it's a piano-melody, the melody was rather high, I think the highest note must be around key 40-50 on the piano (so around the mid between middle and the far right side of the piano).
    Incoming, bad illustrated attempt on recreating the melody:
    -------------------0------------------0----------------------
    --------0----------------0------------------0----------------
    ------0--------------------0---------------------------------
    ----0--------------------------------------------------------
    --0--------------------------------------------0-------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Would be lovely if any of you could make sense of my explanation, I tried to give you as much information as I remember from it. It drives me insane not to know that. Would be lovely if you can find it, thanks already if you have read through this <3

2. Jamarlie said:

Thx guys for all the help so far, despite the absolutely non detailed description. I really do appreciate this communities effort.

3. bugmenot1 said:

An MTV European landscape music video from 2002:

"Star Guitar" by The Chemical Brothers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S43IwBF0uM

4. Jamarlie said:

Despite not being what I was looking for I am still somewhat thankful someone finally answered me.

5. BlueNileFan said:

Not a wild guess, but... Similar melody structure and 150 BPM. No video and a bit older

2 Flying Stones - Kalypsia, Over & Over

6. Jamarlie said:

Also not quite the song I was looking for, but this goes more in the right direction of how the song sounds like
    It's just a completely different melody

7. Jamarlie said:

In case anybody finds this on future researches, I at least wanna be able to help
    I was looking for "Robert Miles - Children [Dream Version]"
    It's instrumental, electro, it's a piano themed song, made in 1996 (so around 2000), has a music video which is almost colorless, traveling in a car through different landscapes and was pretty popular on MTV and VIVA (just adding some tags so people might find this in the future).