Need song ID

Thread: Need song ID

Tags: None
  1. Musiclistner said:

Default Need song ID

I have a song being played in a Kroger store. I can't find the so g anywhere. It's a ballad type song from a male artist. The only lyrics I have are....

I will leave the life for you
    I will ___________
    I will walk right off the stage

That's all I got please help!!

2. wurzlsepp said:

Song is probably also searched at this site, however with slighty different lyrics. here's is what the requester tells about the song:

There’s also another mystery song floating through the aisles with lyrics that sound like,

“I would leave the line for you /
    I would walk right off the stage”.

He holds the note on “stage” in a higher-pitched voice for quite a while at the end of the song.
    It *really* sounds like Birds Of New York, but there’s no songs on their page that match what I’m hearing.

3. wurzlsepp said:

Also searched here with this this description:

"Who sings the song? It sounds like this:

i will leave the line for you

The next line says

i will drive all night"

4. scrammy said:

I don't know if anyone will read this, but finding this song has been my quest for over a year...

I ended up emailing InStore Audio Network, the company that provides the music to stores such as Albertsons companies. I got a reply from the CEO (!! that's customer service) and after a few back and forths determined that the song is indeed by Birds of New York, called "Off the Stage".

Gary at ISAN said the song is only available on commercial playlists, and the band never made it available otherwise. He pointed me to a YouTube vid of the band performing it live (easily searchable) but barely does the tune justice.

My next step was to track down BONY on Facebook - the band isn't active, but their FB appears to be. They replied to my initial message, but nothing since.

I'm sure contractual obligations keep them from releasing this song for commercial or other means. But it's beautiful, and could have been their breakout IMHO. Let's track these guys down and get this song out.