Natacha Atlas arabic lyrics and translation

Thread: Natacha Atlas arabic lyrics and translation

Tags: None
  1. Hawkeyed said:

Default Natacha Atlas arabic lyrics and translation

I'm looking arabic lyrics of Natacha Atlas songs "Andeel" and "Rah". And translation these lyrics "Andeel", "Rah" and also "Mistaneek" (Natacha Atlas | Mistaneek lyrics) into english or french, german, italian, spanish. I checked the google. Without result. Some of her lyrics are in the Internet but not these what I'm looking for.

Hmm... I only want to... somebody who knows arabic listen to these songs and write me the lyrics. And translate it if he could into english for example (or another popular language). I will translate it into my language. Thanks for help.
    Last edited by Hawkeyed; 11-23-2006 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Link added

2. ivybag said:

3. Adiemus said:

Thanks so much for these - is there any chance someone could write out the arabic lyrics to 'Ezzay' by Natacha Atlas, the english translation (and spanish and french...), but I am trying to choreograph a dance to it, and can't pick up the words accurately. I don't speak any arabic, but think I need to - I started bellydance a year ago, and I'm hooked...
    Here is the link to Natacha Atlas website, http://www.natachaatlas.net/, but they have disabled the url's to the words, so you have to go to 'Lyrics' and go to the album 'Gedida' which is known as Guzouri, and click onto 'Ezzay'.

Thank you so much anyone that can help!

Tahira said:

Hi Adiemus, I think this is quite a tough cookie you want to "solve" with only one year bellydance experience. I would rather try to express the general meaning of this song, than to dance out every single word. Maybe you can catch single words from the song and express them somehow.

Maybe this is of help for you: star - nougoum; dream - ahlam; hobek - love you; oyun - eye; layali - night

.... I don´t speak arabic either, these are just words I have learned meanwhile.

Two years ago we have made a choreography to Mon Amie la Rose with double veil and we have done the focus on dynamics and calm points in that song.

....happy hips !
    Tahira

5. Adiemus said:

Hi Tahira
    I don't want to dance out every word - that's not what belly dance is about from what I've learned - but I do want to 'hear' the correct words in my head while she sings so I get my cues right! This song feels like lots of circles/turns, and fast veil, and there are some parts that are just crying out for shimmies!!!
    So knowing the words would help me hear what is happening in each part of the song. I love this song!!
    Thanks Tahira! Keep shimmying!
    Bronnie

Tahira said:

Hi Adiemus,
    I understand what you mean. I have listened now carefully to this song, and I couldn´t "find" the words I mentioned above. Before the rhythm starts I caught something like OMRI which means life; and at the end she sings ALBI (Galbi) which means Heart. I think you are on the right way with spins, turns and veil; and I guess I know which part you are thinking about when you are talking about shimmy part.

So maybe of the native arabians can help us further.

Otherwise I think you can´t do anything wrong it´s a song with happy tunes and positive lyrics.

I wish you many good ideas for your choreographie!

Tahira

7. Adiemus said:

Thanks Tahira, yes it's really hard to hear the words - and I do have the English translation, but can't quite make out the individual words. Ahhh! it would be great to see you dance to it too!! Guess there must be some parts that are 'international' in their language - the shimmies and turns...
    thanks for your thoughts!
    Bronnie

Tahira said:

I have heard that some german professional dancers working on common names for the movements but I have seen no result yet. Attending workshops with diffrent teachers I found out that there are even regional different names for the same movements.

Some of them are in common, like: camel, figure 8, shimmy, 3/4 shimmy, bodywave... and there are some words from ballet like pliee, 3-step turn, arabesque and I think the arabic word ghazala for a typical step is also internationally known.

Have a nice day, Tahira

9. Adiemus said:

One of the forums I belong to had a discussion about the names for different movements, but eventually gave up because there are so many variations!!