مقام: حجاز كار

gbasfora said:

[4k0NQUwUXHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k0NQUwUXHo[/video]

gbasfora said:

[gTq9YmiQymw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTq9YmiQymw[/video]

gbasfora said:

That's what i've got :

مضناك جفاه مرقده .. وبكاه ورحم عوده

The one pained/weakened by your love (مضناك) has been forsaken (جفاه) by his bed (مرقده)...and his visitors (عوده) have wept over him (بكاه) and taken him for a dead man (رحم, as in the phrase "allah yer7amak").

[I love the imagery here, instead of saying "I can't sleep", it turns into "my bed hates me and abandoned me"....lovely]

حيران القلب معذبه .. مقروح الجفن مسهده

with a confused heart, tortured; with wounded eyelids, unable to sleep (مسهده).

يستهوي الورق تأوهه ويذيب الصخر تنهده

his aaaaahhhhs (تأوهه, pained lamentations) attract (يستهوي) the leaves (الورق)... and his sighs (تنهده) melt rocks [from the heat of his sighs]

ويناجي النجم ويتعبه ويقيم الليل ويقعده

and he pleads (يناجي) with the stars and tires them...and he raises/makes the night stay up (يقيم الليل) and lowers it/tires it (يقعده)

[because the poet cant sleep, he tires out the night and the stars with him]

الحسن حلفت بيوسفه والسورة أنك مفرده

I swear by Yusuf and his surah that you are alone (مفرده) in beauty (الحسن)

[Yusuf was said to be the most beautiful human on Earth and his story is told in chapter 12 of the quran "surat yusuf"]

وتمنت كل مقطعة يدها لو تبعث تشهده

and every hand cutter* (مقطعة يدها) wished she could be summoned to witness it [your beauty]

in the story of yusuf ladies were summoned by the pharoah's wife to witness yusuf's beauty and when they did they cut their hands out of sheer amazement

جحدت عيناك زكي دمي أكذلك خدك يجحده

your eyes denied and rejected (جحدت) my pure (زكي) blood...does your cheek deny it too?

[there's a theme of a crime being committed -- blood, witnesses, here that is expanded upon in the next verse]

قد عز شهودي إذ رمتا فأشرت لخدك أشهده

my witnesses (شهودي) — when you shot me (اذ رمتا) [with your eyes] — have decreased/became rare (عز, since her eyes denied him last verse)...so I pointed to your cheek, so that it may testify [to your crime]

بيني في الحب وبينك ما لا يقدر واش يفسده

the love between you and me is something no slanderer/liar/hater (واش) can spoil (يفسده)

ما بال العاذل يفتح لي باب السلوان وأوصده

why is it that a naysayer (عاذل, i.e. someone who doesn't believe in our love) opens the door of comfort and forgetting (سلوان, freedom from the pain of her love) for me and yet I shut it tight (اوصده)

[he cant and doesn't want to be free of her love]

ويقول تكاد تجن به فأقول وأوشك أعبده

and the naysayer says you're almost (تكاد) mad because of her so I say not just that...I almost (اوشك) worship her

مولاى وروحي في يده قد ضيعها.. سلمت يده

she is my god [مولاي] and my soul is in her hands...she lost it and abandoned it [my soul]...blessed are her hands

[this verse shows the depth of his worship and surrender to her]

ناقوس القلب يدق له وحنايا الأضلع معبده

the church bells (ناقوس) of the heart [his heartbeats] ring for her and the curves/bends/depths (حنايا) of my ribs [all whats inside his chest] are her temple

قسما بثنايا لؤلؤها قسم اليقوت منضده

I swear by her pearly (لؤلؤها) teeth (ثنايا), and by the aligned/organized/arranged (منضده) rubies (ياقوت) [i.e her pearly teeth adorned with her ruby gums]

ماخنت هواك ولا خطرت ... سلوى بالقلب .. تبرده

I never betrayed your love and never has another distraction/pleasure (سلوى) ever crossed (خطرت) my [burning] heart and cooled it