Poetry and song: Aref Ghazvini
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5j7npVNgAw

Didam sanami sarv ghadi rooy cho mahi ----------------------- I saw an idol, tall like a cypress, face like a moon
Beshinam sare rahi be omide negahi --------------------------- I sit on the way, hoping for a glance

Afkande be rokhsare cho mah zolfe siyahi --------------------- around her moon like face, black hair is disheveled
elahi to gavahi, khodaya to panahi ------------------------------ God you are witnessing, God you’re my shelter

Tabad be man in atashe afrookhte gahi ------------------------- at times this blazing fire glows on me
Bi oo man o in konje gham o atashe ahi ------------------------- without her, me and this corner of gloom and the fire of a sigh
elahi to gavahi, khodaya to panahi ------------------------------ God you are witnessing, God you’re my shelter

in nist magar ayeneye lotfe elahi -------------------------------- isn't this the mirror of God's graciousness?
sadbar gedayish beh az mansabe shahi ------------------------- a hundred times begging him/her better that a kingship