Nai mia zwh sou edina cali gia sena elina
    ta phrez ola ki aporw

ti allo tez ap th zwh mou twra
    panta hsoun gia mena mia anhyora
    pou kourasthka pia n anebainw
    ti allo theleiz den katalabainw

Nai pantote protumoz egw
    na trexw na tusiastw gia pez mou esu ti ekanez
    Nai tipota de mou ayhsez gia sena ola ta krathsez ki omwz de sou htan arketa

ti allo tez ap th zwh mou twra
    ti allo theleiz den katalabainw

*epic electric guitar solo hahahha*

ti allo qez ap th zwh mou twra
    ti allo qeleiz den katalabainw

okay i asked for these lyrics earlier because i love this song mucho. haha anddd Im trying to learn greek as well so i figured itd be fun to take the greek letters and match them in english. Tell me what i need to fix etc. etc. if anyone could help!

Neska said:

hehe I'm tryin' to do the same thing like you do and I also don't know,if it's correct

I don't know greek ( yet- I hope), but it sounds corectly

Sorry for my english :P

3. Xwe_are_so_so_fineX said:

lol yea Im teaching myself greek, i know some but its only what Ive picked up from my friends, my ex and music haha. And your english is good haha whats your 1st language?

Neska said:

hahaha maby U wont believe it,but my situation is the same... hehe ( my friends, my ex and music ),and I'm sure that my english ,especially now - after wine isn't very good xexe
    My first language is polish lol
    And yours?

5. Xwe_are_so_so_fineX said:

iperoxo! i love wine. haha you would think i would know more greek because i am greek, but i wasnt fortunate enough to have my parents teach me. Your english is good koukla mou . And my first language is English i live in America. I know a little bit of french though haha. You should teach me polish! haha just kiddinggg. My best friend speaks polish though.

Neska said:

Red semidry wine hehe
    Youre right...I thought that U know greek very well,what a suprise
    he.. when I was living in Greece,one friend of mine was tryin' to read my polsih book...And it was good enough,really Why don't you try?
    I know VERY good side,I don't know if U know it,if you dont - U'll love it!
    Learn Greek Online!Welcome to the largest Greek School ever!More than 110,000 registered students !!! try it

omorfi said:

I'm not sure, what you want to be corrected?
    "Ποιος ταξιδεύει στα μάτια σου;
    Και ποιός ξαγρυπνά στο κορμί σου;
    Μάτια μπλε στα μεγάλα ταξίδια σου
    Θα'μαι εδώ θα'μαι πάντα μαζί σου"

8. Xwe_are_so_so_fineX said:

efharistw, you lived in greece?! pah- im so jealous. Im going there this summer hopefullY! Thats so cool you know three languages, here most people only know one language. So what else do you like to drink besides wine? i love to drink, pah- im greek what do you expect? ahah just kidding

9. Xwe_are_so_so_fineX said:

anything that i may have done wrong? i guess if nothings wrong then im getting good.haha just kidding i need to learn more greekkkk. care to help?

omorfi said:

What song is this anyway?

Neska said:

" love to drink, pah- im greek what do you expect? ahah just kidding" and I'm polish - as well hehe also just kidding
    I was living there but only for 3-4 months...but I want to,I must come back there..and I will

Where r u going to ??
    I will be in rhodes,for sure ( I don't know which tense is correct?)...It's a small island but I love it
    I'm sure that most of people here know more languages than one...At least 2,don't you think..?
    I was also learing french for 3 years but I can only say where I'm from etc hehe

12. Xwe_are_so_so_fineX said:

omorfi- this is one of my FAVORITE songs, its anifora thanos petrelis you should defintly listen to it.

Neska - Im going every where but my ex will be in Thessalonikki with me for a month and then im going to my nounos in athens. Rhodes? like... rhode island in NewYork? in america? hahaha just kidding i know what you're saying. Yea i can only catch about every other word in French i took it for 2 years but didnt pay attention, but ive only been trying to learn greek for a few months now and i want to know it so bad i know a lot more greek than french. haha

Neska said:

Are You sure that is you EX?
    I wish I could have the same relationships with my ex :/
    I think that we have the same menatlity... I also know much more form greek than french,what an irony...

omorfi said:

Oh, stupid me... I know this song of course.. haha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nai thelw na yugw(figw) apo edw
    kourasthka na sagapw
    panta na kanw auto pou tez(thes/8es)
    Nai mia zwh sou edina cali(xali/chali) gia sena elina(egina)
    ta phrez(pires) ola ki aporw

ti allo tez(thes/8es) ap th(ap'ti) zwh mou twra
    panta hsoun gia mena mia anhyora (anifora)
    ti allo theleiz(theleis) den katalabainw

Nai pantote protumoz(prothimos) egw
    na trexw(treksw) na tusiastw(thisiastw) gia pez(pes) mou esu ti ekanez(ekanes)
    Nai tipota de mou ayhsez(afises) gia sena ola ta krathsez(kratises) ki omwz(omws) de sou htan arketa

ti allo tez(thes) ap th zwh mou twra
    ti allo theleiz(theleis) den katalabainw

*epic electric guitar solo hahahha*

ti allo qez(thes) ap th zwh mou twra
    ti allo qeleiz(theleis) den katalabainw

Just "corrected" a few things, mostely the same coming back..

15. greciansun said:

i am trying to learn greek too! i am not greek but my best friend is greek, and my ex is greek too! but i have gone to greece in the summer for the past three years and i am in loving with ANYTHING greek. also i am going to live in thessaloniki from jan. to july this year!

sorry to butt in on your conversation, i just got really excited that other people are trying to learn greek and have greek ex's! hahah

ps..i also am learning french and spanish =)

omorfi said:

May I ask what you are going to do in Thessaloniki? Ah, I really want to go to Greece too. Especially Thessaloniki/Athens since I know many people there.
    I wont be happy before I speak Greek fluently and can stay in Greece for longer periods than 2 weeks

Anyway, NOW I was interrupting, haha...

Neska said:

hehe I think that no-one is interrupting,after all this is a forum,isn't it?

Maby ever we had the same ex?? hehehe joke ( I hope so )

Neska said:

*even

19. Xwe_are_so_so_fineX said:

Neska : hahaha yesss that is my ex! even though im basically still in love with him how come greek boys are such heartbreakers?! My ex's name was Chrysostomos and he was gorgeousss haha anywayyy you can help me with my greek, you probably know more than me

omorfi : thanks for correcting me, Im getting better, thank god. haha, and when i go to Thessaloniki basically... we're just partying. Haha my ex has a bunch of friends there and we're staying with them. And I feel the same way as you, until i can speak Greek Fluently i wont be happy, you should help me out!! !

Greciansun: i totally know how you feel, i love everything that has to do with Greece, and your sooo lucky you get to stay in Greece for so long! Maybe ill see you there! haha just kidding

20. greciansun said:

yeah i'll be living in panorama with my best friend, and hopefully going up on the weekends to my ex's village (it's near Kozani) to maybee get back together? hehe [ crosses fingers ]..I AGREE...Greek boys are beautiffullll.
    i want to go to halkidiki and santorini (my friend has a house there) when it gets warmer too.
    but anyways i'd rather learn how to speak greek than spend a lot of time learning how to write it (apparently thats veryyy difficult). i hope this is the year i become fluent!!!

haha but i want to hear some cute stories about these greek ex's! lol