SOLVED:Sounds like Collective Soul type song

Thread: SOLVED:Sounds like Collective Soul type song

Tags: None
  1. 80sMan said:

Default SOLVED:Sounds like Collective Soul type song

Hi there. I joined the forum to try and ID a song by lyrics. I hear it often inside a grocery store I work at. Music played is types of rock, pop, and new wave.

The song starts with a nice electric guitar intro, reminding you of the intro to Shine and Vaseline. After that, the intro words sound like, "I....always talk about you. All the things that you do." Some of that might be mistaken.

Then parts of the chorus sounds like, "She's the little one that I see. She's the little one that I feel can change." Each sentence starts low before rising and then ending medium.

Part of the second verse sounds like, "I just thought I was wrong. She was laughing along."

End of the song has electric chiming.

The sound, words, and rhythm of the song would make you think of either a love-type or Christian-type rock song kinda like Collective Soul, but has more rhythm than metal. Gives you that touching feeling like Shine does.

Seeing I've never heard it on the radio, it must be a song that came from a show or movie that became popular, kinda like The Heat is On from Beverly Hills Cop.

atmaestro said:

Try "Railroad" by Status Quo
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. 80sMan said:

Not "Railroad".

What I mean by having rhythm is the guitarist plays it more like alternate rock or new wave instead of hard rock and heavy metal, as in a softer Collective Soul song. Generation is 80s and 90s.

Another song the guitar intro sounds like is the guitar intro to "Nothing But A Good Time" by Poison.

The lead singer's voice would remind you of Brad Delp from Boston and Paul Hewson of U2.

atmaestro said:

Next wild guess is "Laughing" by The Guess Who (1969)
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

5. 80sMan said:

I'm familiar with "Laughing" by The Guess Who.

As stated in my second post, generation of the song I'm trying to ID is 80s and 90s, or possibly late 70s.

Another song to think about is "Mysterious Ways" by U2.

Has that combo of rock and new wave, nice (but different) electric guitar intro, and Paul's voice.

Recently heard the same song a few times again at work, and something I heard in the second verse was, "Sometimes....I get the feeling of love. Like I'm stranded above."

Listening more carefully to the song sounded like the lead singer says, "I die", a few times in the song.

6. 80sMan said:

Guitar intro to "Even Better Than The Real Thing" by U2 is very similar to the song I'm trying to identify, but it has more of a metal sound.

7. jp12345 said:

8. 80sMan said:

Thank you jp12345! That's the song!

The singer's accent makes "Is it any wonder" sound like "She's the little one that".

9. jp12345 said:

It was the "Guitar intro to "Even Better Than The Real Thing"" hint that helped me find it. Good thing you added that note!