Ebi - Gheble

Thread: Ebi - Gheble

Tags: None
  1. temsah22 said:

Default Ebi - Gheble

Hello together,

I jsut registered because i couldnt find the lyrics of this wonderful song anywhere and hope someone here could do me the favor to translate it.
    Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXSBThtgpZ0

afsaneh said:

Default Ebi - Gheble

Poshte divare shab ye rahi dare ---------------------------- behind the night’s wall there’s a way
    Ke mire ye rast dare khuneye setare ---------------------- that goes straight to the star’s house
    Char ghadam az vare dele ma ke rad shi ------------------ if you take four steps passing my heart
    Mibini mahe shabe charda dare ----------------------------- you’ll see the full moon is
    Khorshid khanumo abrusho barmidare -------------------- plucking miss sun’s eyebrows

Bia berim unja ke shabash buye to bashe tu havash -------------- let’s go to the place where at nights your scent is in the air
    Bad ke miyad rad she bere berize saret setarehash --------------- when the wind is passing, its stars would pour on your head

Vaghti miai ghashangtarin pirhaneto tanet kon -------------------- wear your prettiest dress when you’re coming
    Taje sare sarvarito saret kon -------------------------------------------- put on your superiority crown on your head
    Cheshmato mast kon hame ja ro beshkan --------------------------- make your eyes drunk and break everywhere
    Ella dele sade o asheghe man -------------------------------------------- except my simple and passionate heart

Gheble yani halgheye cheshme mastet -------------------------------- “keblah”1 means the circle of your drunken eyes
    Zarih un eke dast bezanam be dastet ----------------------------------- “zareeh”2 means my hands touching your hands
    Jaye dakhil pamo beband tu khunat ------------------------------------ instead of “dakhil”3 fasten my feet to your house
    Ba jaye mohr saramo bezar ru shunat ---------------------------------- instead of “mohr”4 put my head on your shoulders

1. Keblah, the way toward Kaaba where muslims pray toward it
    2. Inside of a shrine, the burial chamber is called zareeh, the shia pilgrims touch it with their hands for believing it to be sacred
    3. Something like a piece of cloth or small bands that shia pilgrims fasten to the “zareeh” for each wish
    4. A piece of dried soil that shia muslims put their forehead on it while prostrating during praying
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbah
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

3. temsah22 said:

Dastet dard nakone!
    One thing I dont quite get is what the gheble (I knew that it was the way the muslims pray) has to do with the drunken eyes of the girl?

afsaneh said:

Quote Originally Posted by temsah22 View Post
    Dastet dard nakone!
    One thing I dont quite get is what the gheble (I knew that it was the way the muslims pray) has to do with the drunken eyes of the girl?
    by "the circle of your drunken eyes" I think the songwriter means the iris of the eye, muslims pray toward ghebleh worshipping God, so it means he's worshipping his beloved's eyes, also since ghebleh is kabeh and muslim circle around it during haj ritual, it again connotes the sense of worshipping and praying but in his beloved's eyes.
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare