Country song, Male artist, Should be eay to identify (SOLVED)

Thread: Country song, Male artist, Should be eay to identify (SOLVED)

Tags: None
  1. Bobby Stone said:

Default Country song, Male artist, Should be eay to identify (SOLVED)

should be easy since I remember like the entire chorus, but a couples hours searching on google and all those 'find songs by lyrics' type sites and I've found NOTHING! Here's the chorus:

"We were halfway to Memphis, it was early June, had the red top down beneath the Texas moon. All the stars in the sky lit the whole world up, we were halfway to Memphis falling all the way in love"
    Last edited by Bobby Stone; 03-05-2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added solved to title since answer was found

atmaestro said:

Well the artist is NOT Sammy Hagar, Johnny Lee, or David Gogo.

Steven Craig Harding has a song titled "Halfway to Memphis" but I can't find a sample or lyrics.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Bobby Stone said:

yeah, my own searching ruled out sammy and johnny. hmm, never heard of harding... done some poking around and he's only mentioned a few times on some of the country sites always with bare bones info so I'm rather skeptical that it's what I'm looking for since I heard it often on the radio when I had that delivery driver job and I doubt radio stations would play an obscure song from an almost unknown artist with any regularity... especially almost 20 yrs later!
    Still, I did find that artistdirect.com has a playable sample of it but there's something wrong with their site certificate and neither firefox, chrome, nor edge will allow it to be played even after disabling the security options I've sent them a message asking them to fix that so I can find out for certain if that's what I'm looking for.

In the meantime, another line I semi-remember is something like 'she asked me if I believe in fate and I said {darlin/honey/baby}, I do today' the song itself is about a guy who has picked up a female hitchhiker and they fall for each other during the trip from Texas to Tennessee.

4. jp12345 said:

5. Bobby Stone said:

YES!! That's it! Thank You so much! Why the heck didn't that turn up in any of my searches since it seemed 'Halfway to Memphis' was highly likely to be the title?? Youtube was first placed I searched and looked at the first 50 pages of results, all I ever saw was Sammy Hager & Kacey Musgraves.

6. jp12345 said:

Sometimes the title searches on YouTube don't work very well for whatever reason. I was looking for "Halfway to Memphis" releases on Discogs and it was towards the bottom of the list.