Solved: Looking for a Christmas Song

Thread: Solved: Looking for a Christmas Song

Tags: None
  1. Jagger1966 said:

Default Solved: Looking for a Christmas Song

I heard this song on Love Songs With Delilah radio program on Wednesday, Nov. 29th. She plays it every year during the holidays, but never says the name of the song or artist. It's by a male singer or a boy band and some of the lyrics are "spending Christmas with you, spending Christmas in love." At the end of the song they sing "Merry Christmas, happy new year" a couple of times. It almost sounds like 'n synch or Boyz II Men, but I don't think it is. Any ideas?

atmaestro said:

Try "I'm Spending Christmas With You" by Mickey Gilley
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Jagger1966 said:

That's the title that came up when I did a search, but unfortunately that's not it.

4. Laurie Downs said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jagger1966 View Post
    I heard this song on Love Songs With Delilah radio program on Wednesday, Nov. 29th. She plays it every year during the holidays, but never says the name of the song or artist. It's by a male singer or a boy band and some of the lyrics are "spending Christmas with you, spending Christmas in love." At the end of the song they sing "Merry Christmas, happy new year" a couple of times. It almost sounds like 'n synch or Boyz II Men, but I don't think it is. Any ideas?
    I love that same tune-- I just emailed Kosi's Glen Nolan with that question-
    as soon as I get the answer I'll forward it on to you.
    Thanks for the inspiration-- I've been looking ALL over to try to figure out artist/title- it finally occurred to me to ask the station!

5. Jagger1966 said:

I found the song. It's "Christmas In Love" by Firefall. It took me years to find it.

Steena said:

Thanks for telling us Solved then.
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

logan01 said:

Ah Firefall. Good band I listened to in the mid-late 70s. It's my understanding that it was offered only as a radio station only promotional 45 in 1982. True?

logan01 said:

Listen to it here (better late than never ) http://clydetombaugh.typepad.com/chr.../12/index.html