Early to mid 90s alternative song

Thread: Early to mid 90s alternative song

Tags: None
  1. Matthew James said:

Default Early to mid 90s alternative song

Hello

Since the beginning of the internet I have been searching for 2 songs. As luck would have it, I found one of the songs yesterday....that just leaves this one last remaining, evil song. If anyone could help me find it, I would be eternally grateful!

The song is sung by a male - I think it was just a regular name instead of a band name. It used to be played back in the day when MTV was good and they played the alternative stuff. I think the video was set in an apartment and maybe contained puppets? Or maybe the items just moved around and danced. The music was stuttery almost like someone turning the volume up and down very quickly. I seem to remember the sound of a banjo in the song quite clearly. All I remember from the lyrics were "meet you in the morning, saying how do you do", " with a how do you do" - something along those lines anyway, I think the song is a (very very) loose cover of a hymn. Around the end of the song it sorta degrades to just sounds and noise (a bit like what happens in Beck's music). The guy sings a dramatic "owwwww" as the banjo sound kicks in - "ow" as in the end of a cat meow.The main gist of the song had the vocals or instruments sound like "do da da do da da da da do" in the background. I think the song was mainly instrumental than singing but the singing was high pitched /falsetto.

I have spent literally months of my life looking for this song - any help in finding this song would result in tears and eternal gratitude! I would say that I spend at least 3-4 hours a week looking for this song and I haven't got anywhere. Please help me.

atmaestro said:

The lyrics are a match for an old gospel song written by Albert E. Brumley called "I'll Meet You In The Morning" that Skeeter Davis made famous. However, I did not find an alternative/rock version.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title