Japanese techno?

Thread: Japanese techno?

Tags: None
  1. jp12345 said:

Default Japanese techno?

I hear this song on the internet radio station at work occasionally. Normally I would just Google the lyrics but I can't understand one word in the song. I can't use my phone either because they aren't allowed at my job. I'm pretty sure it is a foreign language (it sounds Japanese to me). It is sung in that high pitched chipmunk voice and is very repetitive. Other songs I often hear on this station are:

Basshunter - All I Ever Wanted
    Black Box - Ride on Time
    The Jacksons - Blame It on the Boogie
    Sheena Easton - Morning Train

and tons of techno songs with no lyrics. I'm guessing the song I'm looking for is from the 90s. I don't expect anyone to know exactly the song I'm talking about but any similar-sounding songs would help. I'll try to post the melody if I can remember it (since it's been a few days since I've heard the song).
    Last edited by jp12345; 02-05-2017 at 11:57 AM.

2. jp12345 said:

OK, I heard the song again today at work and managed to try Shazam and Musixmatch. Neither one knew what the song was. It's definitely not techno. The best description would be Asian klezmer. I thought I heard the line "Yeah babe, you got it" at the end of the song. Here's the main chorus:

http://www.caseyrule.com/projects/piano/
    In case it didn't save, the notes of the main chorus are: werew nqqjn werew nq (repeat)

3. bugmenot1 said:

I only have one guess:

"Stereotype" by Samsaya
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyimst2Cbus

4. jp12345 said:

Thanks for the suggestion but this song is much more high pitched like this (finally found an example). Actually the song I just linked to isn't even high enough and it is much faster. It sounds like female voices singing a foreign language on helium.

5. jp12345 said:

I just found out today it is on a personal playlist. The song played again and I kept using Shazam until it recognized it!

Doop - My Chihuahua
    So it's not Japanese but it sounds like the song is in Spanish. I hear "muchacho corazon" in the lyrics. And the group is from the Netherlands. Go figure!
    Last edited by jp12345; 02-10-2017 at 01:01 AM.