Need the artist name and title of a Soul song "You got the feeling"

Thread: Need the artist name and title of a Soul song "You got the feeling"

Tags: feeling, find, song, soul
  1. Rockerdude said:

Default Need the artist name and title of a Soul song "You got the feeling"

I heard a song recently which I really liked, and I have been searching for the name of the song and the artist who sang it to no avail. In terms of genre, it was definitely a soul song, possibly maybe R&B, funk or quiet storm, but most likely soul. It was a slow and relaxing song, and it was largely instrumental, save for a set of lyrics, which would be sung occasionally throughout the song. The line of lyrics was simply "You/you've got the/that feeling" and it would repeat a few times, and then the line "In your soul/right in your soul" would be sung. This same pattern would be repeated again, maybe a few times, before going back into instrumental, with the lyrics pattern only coming up occasionally in the midst of a largely instrumental track. Those were the only lyrics in the entire song. In terms of time scale, I would say 1970s-present, which is fairly broad, but it's the best I can guess. I heard the song in the UK, since that is where I'm from, but I'm not suggesting the artist was definitely British - I'd say there is a pretty good chance that they were American, but I'll never really know until I find out who sang it. If someone knows this song or is able to find this song, I would be very grateful if you could share it with me, thanks
    Last edited by Rockerdude; 05-28-2017 at 07:07 PM. Reason: adding tags

2. bugmenot1 said:

This song?

"Finally Moving" by Pretty Lights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk9XYQMRiLY

3. Rockerdude said:

Afraid not, but thanks anyway!

4. jp12345 said:

5. Rockerdude said:

Again, that wasn't it, but thanks!

6. m_prestige7@yahoo.com said:

Thumbs up James Brown I got the feeling in the 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerdude View Post
    I heard a song recently which I really liked, and I have been searching for the name of the song and the artist who sang it to no avail. In terms of genre, it was definitely a soul song, possibly maybe R&B, funk or quiet storm, but most likely soul. It was a slow and relaxing song, and it was largely instrumental, save for a set of lyrics, which would be sung occasionally throughout the song. The line of lyrics was simply "You/you've got the/that feeling" and it would repeat a few times, and then the line "In your soul/right in your soul" would be sung. This same pattern would be repeated again, maybe a few times, before going back into instrumental, with the lyrics pattern only coming up occasionally in the midst of a largely instrumental track. Those were the only lyrics in the entire song. In terms of time scale, I would say 1970s-present, which is fairly broad, but it's the best I can guess. I heard the song in the UK, since that is where I'm from, but I'm not suggesting the artist was definitely British - I'd say there is a pretty good chance that they were American, but I'll never really know until I find out who sang it. If someone knows this song or is able to find this song, I would be very grateful if you could share it with me, thanks
    I got the feelings it's by James Brown

7. Rockerdude said:

Not that one, sorry!