Had a friend in high school that had a tape with a song he said was by Dr. Hook but I have searched high and low all Hook albums to no avail. I have even searched some of the old Dr Dimento shows because I had been told at one point the lyricist for Dr Hook was involved there but still nothing. It was a spoken song similar to that of a Irish song. It was about a guy walking through the country and coming upon another, "a stranger he was walking, and asked me if I'd like some company" then the chorus went something like "well I'm not so fond of living that I think I'd mind a dying" then he "pulled a pipe and a pouch from his pocket struck a match...the smell of it was quite nice indeed" then he offered it to me "then it wasn't long before the rocks and bushes on the mountain were changing back and forth from green to blue" then when the guy departs he leaves me with a pipe and a "magic pouch that never runs out of tobacco"

My friend has since passed away taking with him the secret of who or what album this comes from. I have tried to remember the lyrics but struggle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.