trying to find a song from the sixties

Thread: trying to find a song from the sixties

Tags: None
  1. drynn said:

Default trying to find a song from the sixties

I am looking for a song title. I have some lyrics swilling around my head that I cannot complete (or get rid of), and I am hoping someone here may be able to help me.

This is what I have:-

I want my bed,
    I wanna rest my weary head,
    I wanna turn the light out and pass right out,
    Underneath my old bedspread;
    So, wake me at noon,
    And even that may be too soon...

This will be from the early/mid sixties (?); possibly the B-side of a pop-chart single and from memory, a male singer although it may still be a pop group.

I have tried Google with various search terms, and several lyric sites, but still cannot find anything - not even a partial string within this text. However, I know I did not make it up and can even hear a sort of lazy singing voice, fairly slow, with a specific tune that I can remember for these few lyrics.

So, can anyone put me out of my misery?

2. wurzlsepp said:

Since you assume that the song could be a b-side, how about this flipside (called "I Want My Bed) of this song? http://www.45cat.com/record/r4870&ei=1
    Last edited by wurzlsepp; 06-11-2017 at 10:53 AM.

3. drynn said:

Thanks wurzlsepp.

This has distinct possibilities. The era is right, the B side and the artist ring true, and I can find an on-line recoding of the A side and taking everything into account, it is a definite maybe

I can see it is a Lionel Bart song but I cannot find any lyrics to confirm the words I remember. I will now start hunting for a songsheet or on-line recording of the B side.

Thanks again for the pointers . If I find anything I will report back.