Searching for this song for already more than 30 years.

Thread: Searching for this song for already more than 30 years.

Tags: band, disco, eighties, introduction, live
  1. rorebbel said:

Default Searching for this song for already more than 30 years.

Hi all,

When I was about 19, 20 years old I was driving around some when I heard this piece of music on the car stereo.
    There's much I don't remember any longer from that era, but I am pretty sure I may have heard this song only once or twice.
    Only that year, these months, after that never again.
    Here is what I (think I) remember from it:

- It's recorded life.
    - In it, the band leader is introducing all the other band members by name and instrument ("On drums, Mr Soandso"), after which said band member plays a second or 10 on his/her instrument (other instruments being introduced are; bass, guitar, percussion, keyboard, and maybe piano).
    - I think said introductions last for maybe a quarter or a third of the whole song, maybe even the whole song indeed.
    - The style must/might have been disco/funk/dance/pop.
    - Not sure if it has ever reached any kind of charts (domestic or international).
    - When I heard it I was in the Netherlands, around 1985-1987 (to play it safe I want to broaden the period from '84 to '90).
    - Last thing I can add is that we could hear the audience cheer whenever a member got introduced.

That is all.
    I will not have high expectations, because I have tried several ways of searchings through the years, online and offline.
    But, please, surprise me, and let me thank you for your time in advance!

Edited to add:
    It's NOT one of the following;
    - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
    - Dire Straits
    - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
    - The Band
    - The Police/Sting
    - Miami Sound Machine

It is, though, reminiscent of this song by "THE BONZO DOG DOO DAH BAND with The Intro & The Outro" in that one guy introduces all his band members.
    https://youtu.be/cMqdwtd8TrQ
    Last edited by rorebbel; 07-28-2017 at 05:06 AM.