SOLVED:Help ID Rock Song

Thread: SOLVED:Help ID Rock Song

Tags: disco, led zeppelin, rock & roll
  1. 80sMan said:

Default SOLVED:Help ID Rock Song

This is my second time on this website. It was helpful for me to identify a song over a year ago. Now I'm stuck with another song.

Voice is something like Led Zeppelin, but not much screaming.
    Sounds like something from the mid 70s to early 80s as a combination of rock and disco.
    Beginning notes resemble the beginning of "The Heat is On", but is played with a keyboard.
    The best way I can describe the first words are, "Can you think just what you did to me".
    There's some saxophone in the second half of the song, but just for a short while.
    Two or three times in the song, other people sing a smooth, background verse without the lead singer, which sounds something like, "Can you feel me. Can you hold me.". It is slow with each word being just over 1 second long.

2. 80sMan said:

The closest I've come with this song by beat and voice is Huey Lewis and the News with Heart and Soul.

Beginning is more like that song than The Heat is On.

atmaestro said:

Try "Can You Hold Me" by NF ft. Britt Nicole
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

4. 80sMan said:

I recently got a better listening of the smooth verse sung by a few people. It is, "in the lightning", sung like in the light Ming. I posted a short recording on watzatsong.com of me humming the beat.

5. bugmenot1 said:

This song?

"The One Thing" by INXS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJyKTNdPL5s

6. 80sMan said:

That's the song! Never knew INXS released a more rock type song vs their well known new wave stuff.

Thanks for the help