Enigma, stumper, conundrum, mind-boggler

Thread: Enigma, stumper, conundrum, mind-boggler

Tags: None
  1. Ladyhawk91 said:

Red face Enigma, stumper, conundrum, mind-boggler

I've asked many people about this song and no one has been able to help me. I'm starting to think it was all in a dream and not real. You all are my last link to sanity.

It is a 60's or 70's anti-war, peace song.
    It is about a group of people who live on a mountain and another who live in a valley (I think, or maybe the two groups are separated by a mountain)
    The one group is said to have the greatest treasure, the most valuable treasure ever.
    The second group asks for it, I think, and the first group says we can share it! Well the second group wants it all for themselves and marches in and conqures them and then unburies or turns the treasure over and it is a stone on which something about peace or love thy neighbor or some such saying is carved.
    I keep thinking of One Tin Soldier but i know that is a different song entirely but of that era.

If any of you have a clue I would appreciate it. I can't think of the tune or even a line from the song. I remember generalities and how it made me feel, not specifics! I know I'm not crazy... well not delusional, at least! I know this song exists and someone besides me has to know of it!

chase77 said:

hmmmm... that is strange... cause what your describing IS one-tin-soldier.
    are u sure that's not it? i really doubt there would be more than one song with such a specific storyline.
    maybe you're mistaking 2 songs as one-..... maybe you've somehow mixed up these lyrics to the sound of another song's tune-- and maybe that's why it just won't sit right in your head......it's possible- i've done it before. haha....

anyway, sorry but every line you've written points to that song....
    .... damn now i'm stumped!!!...

goodluck

3. Grendl2000 said:

I agree that you are describing "One Tin Soldier" to a T, but I am fairly sure you are not crazy. I recall reading about another song from the era that was very similar, but I don't remember the name or the artist, unfortunately. I will try to research it a bit and see if I can find it again.

4. Ladyhawk91 said:

Ok, I'm so embarrassed... When I thought of the song I was referring to, my first thought was "One Tin Soldier". I made the mistake of listening to a non-musical friend who told me, in NO WAY is that the same song. I believed her, my bad. I'm glad you both took the time to reply to my request. I just discovered this site and must say it is pretty impressive. The knowledge base available is awesome. Thank you again for solving this quandry. Grendl2000, if you find the other song like it, I would love to know what it is!