Greek Classroom 1

Thread: Greek Classroom 1

Tags: None
  1. Philadelphia said:

Default Greek Classroom 1

... let's all come in here .. and we will continue ...

sirenceto said:

I am here
    Believe me,it is like a real school, we used to move from one classroom to another lol

3. Philadelphia said:

... actually, sirenceto mou, I would rather "finish" with dya's inquiries ... because she is a "morning bird" and soon enough she will need to go to bed ... please, if you don't mind, we can continue later on tonight with the basics ... after dya has gone to bed ... lol ...

4. Philadelphia said:

... I am doing THIS for you, re, dya re ... !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

5. Philadelphia said:

1. First of all, what's wrong with the words you mentioned? Are they mispelt? Besides "πάλει" which I suppose it should have been "παλί" (cause you translated it with "again"), for the rest of them I can't say anything.

2. "και φοβάσαι πως τα χα θα φηγό
    AND YOU ARE AFRAID THAT SUPPOSEDLY I WILL LEAVE"
    Could you exaplain this: τα χα θα φηγό , word by word?

3. "δεν σ’ αλλάζω
    I DON'T CHANGE YOU (?!?)"
    This could mean: I don't change you for anybody else?

4." παν απαλά καρδιά μου σε βάζο (?!?!?!?)
    THEY GO GENTLY, MY HEART, IN A VASE"
    That's too profound and phylosophic for me!!! LOL!! Could you translate it word by word, maybe I can get some sense out of it.
    Like, παν= ?
    απαλά=?
    σε=? (this isn't a pronoun?, second person singular)
    βάζο=?( I know that written like this it means "vase", but is there another word in greek that sounds similar? I listened to the song 10 times and the word sounds like βάζο.....)

5. I've wanted to ask this for a long time, but always forgot. Now it's a good moment:
    "αφού μόνο εσένα αγαπώ
    SINCE ONLY YOU I LOVE"

Actually he says αγαπαώ. What's the difference between αγαπώ and αγαπαώ, cause I saw it is translated in the same way!

6. And as a bonus, a special request: this is from another song, Τι σου έχω κάνει ( I know what I've done: I've driven you crazy!!!!!LOL!!!), I ALREADY HAVE THE TRANSLATION!!!! LOL But I don't have the translation of these two lyrics:
    "Δεν ξέρω τι να κάνω που να πάω, σ' αγαπάω, πες μου
    γιατί σε άλλους δίνεις τα φιλιά σου, την καρδιά σου, πες μου"

I'm gonna take a wild guess here, but I'm not sure it's right:

"I don't know what to do and where to go, I love you, tell me
    Why do you give others your kisses, you heart, tell me"
    (By the way, from this song I learned a lot! I'm talking about the language here!!!LOL!

SO, as you may "see" ... most of your inquiries CAN be answered by this "endings" explanation ...

... however, let's break them down ... I will need YOUR participation, now ...

OK ... let's take "inquiry number 2" ...

How do you think would be the CORRECT "spelling" of the "verb" ... ?

OK! number 3 ... yes, exactly that "I wouldn't have anyone else but you" ...

sirenceto said:

No problem,Philadelphia! Let us continue tomorrow because I have to finish my paper for tomorrow and I promise to do my homework in Greek,too!
    Love you
    S'agapo!
    And how is it Good night and Have a nice dream?

7. Philadelphia said:

Kalinihta and Onira glika

Goodnight and Dreams sweet

(in English it is "Sweet Dreams" actually ... )

All the best, sirenceto mou, and blagodaria mnogo for your understanding ... ...

Kalinihta

8. Philadelphia said:

I've put SO many ????? and !!!!!! for THAT verse, because it is NOT Greek ... !!!

... It does NOT make ANY sense to me ... the way it is, is just different random words ... !!! ... they mean NOTHING together like that ...

Maybe try to listen for yourself what he sings ... and write what you may think he says ... cause these sentences, do NOT adhere ...

ok ?!?

sirenceto said:

hahaha
    I knew NICHTA and KALA and I should have known how is it Good night! Anyway, this was the best time ever in this forum! Mnogo blagodaria Philadelphia.
    See you tomorrow ( do utre),hopefully! Again in this thread!

10. dya said:

Ok...I'm here! ...
    I listen to that line 30 times!!!! That's what he says!
    I'm gonna listen again.
    Leave this and go to the next question, till I figure out exactly what he says...

11. Philadelphia said:

... ... that got me upset, you know ...

12. Philadelphia said:

... αγαπώ αγαπάω ... mean one and the same thing "I LOVE YOU" ...

13. dya said:

ok, I listened again. Up until now I was paying attention only to the last part of the verse.
    Now I listened carefully the firts part to, and I can tell you soemtihng is different from what is in those lyrics. But I can't figure out exactly what.
    One thing is for sure: the second "a" from "απαλά" is actually "o"
    Then I'm not sure if the first sound in "παν" is actually π. It can be Σ or Θ. If it's Θ, that means the entire expression is written in a wrong way, cause it shoul be soomething like Θα να and another word. Does it make any sense. He actually pronounces that first sound ,"Θ(?)+a" in a word then "να" then the rest....

14. Philadelphia said:

αγαπάω is simply a more "poetic" way to say "αγαπώ" ... and it does NOT exist further than the "first person singular" in this form ...

15. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    ... ... that got me upset, you know ...
    Συγνώμη....., but I got upset when I was left alone there and could not load any page!!

Two lions having a "who left who" dispute!!! We could sell tickets for that, make some decent money! LOL!
    I'm over it already, like any lion who respects itself....LOL

16. Philadelphia said:

is there a place in the net I can go to download this and hear it for myself ?!? ... if it is a simple thing todo I guess I would manage it ... ...

17. dya said:

I haven't found the song in the plain internet. I downloaded it from one of those....programs not so much loved by record houses, not to say more!!!LOL
    So basically, it's not on the internet, or I haven't found it.

18. Philadelphia said:

αφού is a "conjunction" = when, after, since, as long as

αφού μόνο εσένα αγαπώ => "when it's only YOU that I love"

19. Philadelphia said:

... from how you described it ... I thought that maybe it is saying ...

σ' αναπαύω καρδιά μου, σε βάζω

ή

σ' αναπαύω, καρδιά μου, σε βάζο (!!!!!!!)

could you please, post the whole song again, in here ... ?! ...

20. Philadelphia said:

number 6 ... is thorougly correct ... very well done, dya ... !!! ...