Anyone recognize this melody?

Thread: Anyone recognize this melody?

Tags: None
  1. Tom L said:

Default Anyone recognize this melody?

Does anyone recognize this melody (which I've played on a piano keyboard) from a recent (within the past few years give or take) popular song played on pop radio stations, sung by a male vocalist?

[AP7IJVN4tuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7IJVN4tuU[/video]
    Last edited by Tom L; 01-18-2018 at 11:07 PM.

2. Goldendagon said:

It doesn't really ring a bell here. Can you tell a bit more about the song? Was it a high pitched male voice? What kind of instruments did it include? etc

3. Tom L said:

I would say an average-pitched voice. Definitely not rock sound. It would be the kind of song that played on SiriusXM's The Blend. Fairly smooth voice and background instruments. Don't know the specific instruments. No single instrument stood out for me.

4. Goldendagon said:

I'm sorry, I don't know which song you are looking for. I don't know the radio station myself but according to their website they play populair pop songs from now to 30 years back. This not only means you could be talking about 2000-3000 different songs (if they pick their playlist from top 100's of every year) but you are also talking about a whole change in the way music was made.

Is there anything more you could tell about the song, perhaps you picked up some words? or length of the song? was it a story like Bob Dylan used to do, or more regular(some text/chorus/more text/chorus/ more text)? was the rhythm repetitive?

5. Tom L said:

It's a new song in the past 1, 2,3,4, or so years (probably closer to 2 or 3). I believe it had to be in the top hundred after it came out. It's not a ballad-type song. More like a love-type song. A couple words could have been something, something "but you, dear." The melody certainly repeats a few times, like practically all songs like that do. The length was similar to most such popular songs, i.e., 4-5 minutes. The singer is a relatively new one, not one who made a name for himself 15-20 years ago. The only hope is probably someone eventually reading this thread and recognizing the melody.
    Last edited by Tom L; 01-29-2018 at 03:08 PM. Reason: fix grammar