Please tell me what ISO is

Thread: Please tell me what ISO is

Tags: None
  1. Helen09 said:

Default Please tell me what ISO is

Hello everyone. Please tell me what ISO is. What does it affect when taking a photo? What is the best way to adjust this setting on your camera? Write about it or share a useful article on the subject.

2. AlanWeb said:

ISO is one of the three parameters that affect exposure, along with shutter speed and aperture. The aperture is determined by the lens, shutter speed by the exposure time, and ISO by the properties of the sensor. To be more precise, ISO determines how a photograph's exposure changes as the sensor sensitivity changes. The ISO scale is similar to shutter speed in the sense that when ISO changes by a factor of two, the exposure also changes by a factor of one, and they are proportional to each other. A decrease in ISO corresponds to low exposure, an increase will give a stronger light exposure, and the exposure will increase. You can see article to read more about this topic.

3. Foxxi said:

Most cameras, except low-cost ones, have a manual ISO setting. And if professional photographers do not question this abbreviation, not all amateurs know about this important parameter in photography. You should know in what shooting conditions manual iso mode in your camera can be useful.