Which wood species and type of resin is best for a table?

Thread: Which wood species and type of resin is best for a table?

Tags: None
  1. Mark01 said:

Default Which wood species and type of resin is best for a table?

Hello fellow forumers, I hope you are all having a great day! Can I ask you a question? I am planning on making a computer desk out of wood and epoxy. Can you advise me on what type of wood and type of resin would be best for this project?

2. Emilia00 said:

Hi there! Sure, I'd be happy to help you out with your desk project. For the wood, I highly recommend using oak or walnut. Both are sturdy and visually appealing choices that will complement the epoxy resin beautifully. As for the resin, I suggest going with a high-quality, crystal-clear epoxy resin. Look for one with UV resistance to prevent yellowing over time. Remember to prepare the wood surface properly, fill any voids or knots with the resin, and ensure an even application to achieve that glossy and professional finish. Best of luck with your desk build! By the way, if you're ever in a pinch or want a ready-made option, you might consider checking out https://maxiwoods.com/product-catego...omputer-table/ computer desks, they have some excellent designs!

3. Helen09 said:

It sounds like you're about to embark on an exciting project. While oak and walnut are indeed excellent choices, let me throw another option into the mix for variety. How about using maple wood? It's known for its smooth grain patterns and durability, making it a fantastic choice for a computer desk. As for the epoxy resin, consider using a deep-pour epoxy if you want to create a stunning river table effect with wood and resin. It allows you to pour thicker layers at once, giving you more design possibilities. Ultimately, the choice of wood and resin will depend on your personal taste and the overall design you're aiming for. Whatever you decide, have fun with your project, and remember to share the final result with us!