Trying to identify the Artist and Song Title for the below.
The main lyrics that were repeated over and over again in the chorus were:
"YOUR NOBODY CALLED TODAY, SHE HUNG UP WHEN I ASKED HER NAME"
(sung like "Your Nooo-body called today, she hung up, when I asked her name")
It may also have been followed by something like "DOES SHE THINK SHE'S CLEVER"
It's been about two years now since I last heard it on the radio, and while I still have the melody in my head - too bad you can't hear it ... well on second thought, you wouldn't want to hear me sing, trust me - the rest of the lyrics have faded from my memory.
* I believe this was a fairly popular song (top 40)
* Female Vocal
* A story telling ballad
* Easy going vocal singing style (no vocal gymnastics, screaming, falsettos, etc.) with the singer more up front in the mix
* Guessing it was from the 1970's era
* Likely played originally on Top 40/Easy Listening/AM Radio format stations
* The implied topic of the song I believe was about a women who was suspicious that her husband/boyfriend was having an affair, because she kept getting telephone calls at home, that when she answered, a female voice was on the line that wouldn't identify herself and would then hang up. Each time this would happen, the next time the women saw her husband/boyfriend, she would say "Your nobody called today, she hung up when I asked her name"...
I know I haven't given much to go on lyrically, but because of it being a pretty big hit, I'm hoping someone will remember it.