Thelo na giriso sta palia Lyrics Please & Translate into English

Thread: Thelo na giriso sta palia Lyrics Please & Translate into English

Tags: None
  1. Betul said:

Default Thelo na giriso sta palia Lyrics Please & Translate into English

Does someone have The thelo na giriso sta palia lyrics by Giorgos Mazonakis ,, ( the rap's too). and could this someone please put it into English?

Thnx in advance
    Last edited by Betul; 01-16-2007 at 10:52 AM.

omorfi said:

Mazonakis... Must be contagious!

Θέλω να γυρίσω

Έβαλα γιά πρώτη μου φορά,
    κάποιο στοίχημα μεγάλο
    πως εκεί που μεγαλώσαμε,
    έχουμε μάθει κάτι άλλο.

Έχουμε μάθει από το σχολείο,
    όχι μόνο να μετράμε,
    τα παιδιά στη γειτονιά μου
    έχουνε μάθει ν'αγαπάνε.

Αν ακούσεις κάποιες φωνές
    το βράδυ μες τα όνειρά σου,
    τότε θυμήσου την πλατεία
    στη παλιά τη γειτονιά σου
    ή την αλάνα με τις πέτρες
    λίγο πιό πάνω απ'τη Θηβών,
    αυτή που τώρα έχει γίνει
    εργοστάσιο παιχνιδιών.

Θυμάμαι κι άλλα πολλά,ταξίδια
    και την καλύτερη κρυψώνα,
    με τα ποδήλατα κρυφά απ'την
    Αγία Βαρβάρα στη Δραπετσώνα.
    Στον Αϊ Διονύση έχω μεθύσει
    με δυό φίλους μιά Τετάρτη,
    γιά μιά γκόμενα καλή
    που τελικά μου βγήκε σκάρτη.

Μεγαλώνω και ξεχνώ
    μόνο τους κακούς ανθρώπους.
    Όσους μιλούσαν με βρισιές,
    γιατί ποτέ δε μάθαν τρόπους.
    Μα ποτέ μου δε ξεχνώ
    τη παλιά τη γειτονιά μου,
    γιατί στο παγκάκι της πλατείας
    έχω χαράξει τα όνειρά μου.

Θέλω να γυρίσω στα παλιά.
    Θέλω την παλιά μου γειτονιά.
    Θέλω να γυρίσω να σε βρώ,
    ένα βράδυ είναι αρκετό.

Πάω μιά βόλτα στα παλιά,
    στη Νίκαια,στη Κοκκινιά
    θα πιώ κρασί και θα μεθύσω,
    στον Πειραιά θα ξενυχτήσω.
    Μεγάλωσα,νοστάλγησα
    αυτά που πίσω άφησα.
    Καρδιά μου είσαι μόνη,
    το βράδυ αυτό με λιώνει.

Θέλω να γυρίσω στα ..........
    "Ποιος ταξιδεύει στα μάτια σου;
    Και ποιός ξαγρυπνά στο κορμί σου;
    Μάτια μπλε στα μεγάλα ταξίδια σου
    Θα'μαι εδώ θα'μαι πάντα μαζί σου"

tzina772000 said:

translation:

I want to go back to the old (places)

I've put for the first time ever
    some big bet
    that where we grew up
    we've learned something else.

I've learned from school
    not only how to count
    the children in my neighbourhood
    have learned how to love.

If you hear some voices
    the night in your dreams
    then remember the square
    in your old neighbourhood
    or the (piece of land where children used to play in the big cities) with the rocks
    a little bit over Thivon (avenue)
    the one that now has become
    a toy factory

I remember still more, trips
    and the best hide-out
    with our bikes secretly (we were going)
    from Agia Varvara to Drapetsona (they are neighbourhoods of Piraeus)
    To (the church of )St.Dionisios I got drunk
    with two friends a Wednesday
    and a pretty good chick
    that eventually she was not that good

I grow up and I forget
    only the bad people
    Those that spoke with curses
    because they never learned manners.
    But I never forget
    my old neighbourhood
    because on the bench of the square
    I have curved my dreams.

I want to go back to the old (places)
    I want to go back to my old neighbourhood
    I want to go back to find you
    one night is enough

I'm going a stroll to the old (places)
    to Nikaia,to Kokkinia (neighbourhoods of Piraeus)
    I will drink wine and get drunk
    I will stay all night in Piraeus
    I grew up,I longed
    the things I left behind
    My heart you are alone
    this night melts me

I want to go back to...

4. Betul said:

thanks a lot!

TheloEnaPoto said:

Post cuvaneso

does not make a lot of sense in english. what is up with them jacking the car in the video and trying to be so hood ? we so hood . . .

I've made for the first time ever
    a big bet
    that where we grew up
    we've learned something else.

I've learned from school
    not only how to count.
    the children in my neighborhood
    have learned how to love.

If you hear some voices
    at night in your dreams
    remember the square
    in your old neighborhood
    the one that now has become
    a toy factory. ok sounds good in greek but a bit gay in english

Neslihan said:

The truth is... the ONLY thing that sounds gay here is YOU!!! Tzina has done her best to translate this song, and English is not even her first language... I dont know why you're crying like a baby here, because nothing is wrong with the translation anyway!
    REMEMBER, the people who translate songs here are volunteers, if you want a perfect translation, you have to go and PAY the professional interpreters to have your stuff translated!!!
    Take my advice, if you are seeking attention go and do something else... but DONT be an imbecile and write rubbish comments about the translations of the members of this forum!!!
    Learn to appreciate people's efforts and good-will!!!!
    "I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it"

TheloEnaPoto said:

Thumbs down The truth is you can’t handle the truth

It does not matter who translates it to English. English is my first language and it makes no sense there is no translation to make the song flow well in English that’s just the way it is there is a lot of words that when translated to English or phrases are not proper grammar. This was not intended to put anyone down it would not matter if she was a professor in English the translation will not flow as it will in Greek. So why don you think a bit more before you post your comments. My comment was not intended to point fault at Tzina for a wrong interpretation her interpretation is fine it just does not sound right in English it does not flow well Tzina could do nothing about this it is just the way it is.
    So why don’t you cool the F@$# up and stop calling people names the comment was not rubbish it was just an opinion of the translation in question.
    So Tzina keep up the good work and Neslihan why don’t you just mind your business and try seeking attention somewhere else.

TheloEnaPoto said:

Lightbulb To Neslihan

You seem to be a bit defensive why don’t you chill the F*#% out. no one said that the translation was wrong it just does not sound as good as it does in Greek in English it does not flow as well, it is not anyone’s fault that it sounds the way it does in English. I appreciate the translation I just gave my opinion on what I read it does not make much sense in English; do you have a problem with that? It seems you are the one seeking attention.
    But that is not my problem. Try and think before you post next time.

Neslihan said:

Oh dont you worry, I do think before I type... and from me you got exactly what you deserve!!! If I pay you respect you wouldnt know what to do with yourself because I can see that you dont have such values!! You'd be baffled if i spoke to you in the same way i speak to human beings!!

I dont have a problem with your opinion, i have a problem with your ungratefulness and the language you use.. oh.. and I definately have a problem with the fact that you didnt even say a 'thank you' for Tzina's hard work and even worse.. you called it 'gay' !!

Anyway, i am not really surprised, you're a fat American kid that was just seeking attention, and well done to you!! You got the attention you want!!!

y! said:

I don't know why are you even bother to discuss with him?I think we all know "richness" of english language..so I am sure that everyone who does this translation is trying to find a english word that can come close one greek(or serbian,sorry I can't discuss about other languages) word...

..or..let's say it this way..anyone who has 'smart' comments about any translation on this forum should do one translation by him/herself..and after that we can discuss which one is closer to original...do u agree?

I don't know why I am answering here anyway..I am just sick of people whose nation/country/culture didn't exist when most of the european nations created greatest parts of their histories...but they are ALWAYS the smartest.

Neslihan said:

True.. I just got really upset because he has no right to call our translations 'gay' or rubbish like that!! He opened his mouth and loads of rubbish came out.. I wanted to take his words and shove them up his ***

P.S. My sweety, I dont know what you meant by 'SMARTEST' but if 'SMART' means, 'spreading evil everytime one opens their mouth, killing innocent people because of their religion and to gain control of their natural resources, thinking your nation is the BEST and thus showing no improvements and no consideration for other people, and doing nothing but destroying the world and starting wars... well then I'M GLAD THE EUROPEANS ARE NOT SMART!! AND IT IS OBVIOUS THAT AMERICANS ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!!

I am not a racist or anything, in my family I have Greeks, Turks, Moroccans, Britons, and Germans... we are like united nations haha Im not racist but everybody knows what Im talking about here!!!!! Everybody includes Americans themselves!!!!!
    Last edited by Neslihan; 01-14-2008 at 01:01 PM.

y! said:

yes, you understood exactly what I wanted to say with the word 'smartest'...
    I saw how 'smart' they are in two wars I survived because of their egocentric attitude and imperialistic politics..

..anyway..I don't want to talk about something that everybody knows..
    let's go back to some good things..

anyone need some lyrics or translation?

TheloEnaPoto said:

“A mind is like a parachute it only functions properly when it is open” A word to the wise.

TheloEnaPoto said:

cant we all just get along ?

lollipop said:

Lot of aggressive posts here...
    Why don't you calm down, and play it fair, all of you.

I have this little reminder, and I believe it to be suitable for all others too in our beloved forums:

General Guidelines of polite forum discussions:
    **Don't attack other persons nationality, religious beliefs, or their appearance (what they may/may not look like).
    In better words: polite is to question the comments, and not to comment on the person himself.
    **Don't ever use words, that describe someones sexual preferences, just to 'spice up' a comment. Even if it's widely used in your country.

So, calm down now, and try to live in peace.
    No more insults. Thank you

y! said:

TheloEnaPoto..I wish you could use interpuntions signs, so I could understand you better. anyway, when u already look in wikipedia for nation's history you should read a whole article ("The basic name, Serboi, originates in the works of Tacitus, Plinius, and Ptolemy in the 1st and 2nd centuries, describing a people living north of the Caucasus") or at least ask for someone who really knows what is he talking about.I think I know a little bit better my own history, so ...don't comment about things you don't understand.

and btw..Serbs where under Turks for 500 years, but that doesn't stop me to make friendships with them..and I enjoy their company like I enjoy company of my greek friends..
    ok, I don't want to talk about it anymore, I am sure that everyone here come to relax and talk about some nice things..We have already to much bad things outside.
    of course we all can get along..so, I will stop comment.

Neslihan said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheloEnaPoto View Post
    “A mind is like a parachute it only functions properly when it is open” A word to the wise.
    Very well said!!! It explains why your mind is totally unable to 'accept constructive criticism' and do something about it!!!

Neslihan said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheloEnaPoto View Post
    cant we all just get along ?
    In this forum we all get along!! I always treat the members of this forum with the respect they deserve.. which is why, although I treat everyone else with great respect, you got NO RESPECT from me!! Because you show no respect for our members!!

Oh and dont you call me 'file mou'...
    1) As you can tell from my avatar, Im a girl, and thus YOUR GREEK SOUNDS A BIT GAY when you refer to me as 'file'!!
    2) I dont make friends with people like you so... No!! Im not your friend.. go look for a friend somewhere else!!

greekshizzle said:

english is my first language, and i thought that you did a really good job translating it. its a dificult song.

thanks it helped. x

TheloEnaPoto said:

Lot of aggressive posts here...
    Why don't you calm down, and play it fair, all of you.

I have this little reminder, and I believe it to be suitable for all others too in our beloved forums:

General Guidelines of polite forum discussions:
    **Don't attack other persons nationality, religious beliefs, or their appearance (what they may/may not look like).
    In better words: polite is to question the comments, and not to comment on the person himself.
    **Don't ever use words, that describe someones sexual preferences, just to 'spice up' a comment. Even if it's widely used in your country.

So, calm down now, and try to live in peace.
    No more insults. Thank you

Well said lollipop.

And my apologies for the word or words I used it was not intended to describe the person who did the translations sexual preference or to disrespect any member.

Neslihan I admit my Greek is not to hot, But how ever you call a girl friend a friend that is what I was trying to say. So don’t get so hung up on your self I ask nothing from you and expect nothing of you.

Y! You are absolutely right I do not know much about your nation and will look into it as should you before generalizing on other people’s views or beliefs. Remember that not all that live in a country agree with what is done or has been done by their countries government or leader.

(Just to clarify the situation)

A lot of words translated to the English language don’t accurately convey the meaning and /or feel that it would in its original language. That is what I meant with my original comment.

<html><marquee><font size=12><font color = green> † ALL I ASK IS PEACE TO US ALL †<html>

<html><marquee><font size=12><font color =red>adio!<html>