The Staircase of Heaven

Thread: The Staircase of Heaven

Tags: None
  1. azimut said:

... ...

... I beg your pardon ... didn't "realise" you were "talking" about the ... "article" ... !!! ... ... ...

YES !!! ... OFCOURSE, you are CORRECT !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

2. azimut said:

... ...

THE most "OBVIOUS" ... "example" of the ... "genitive case" in "Greek" ... are basically (but not all, ofcourse !!!), ... THE "GREEK SURNAMES" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

3. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by azimut View Post
    ... ...

... I beg your pardon ... didn't "realise" you were "talking" about the ... "article" ... !!! ... ... ...

YES !!! ... OFCOURSE, you are CORRECT !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... ...

I'm not talking only about the article.

Cause in my example Το σπίτι της Μαριας, the name also receives an ς at the end.

As for the Greek surnames...I know the story...I also know the "misoginistic" explanation of why the woman's surname is the genitive of her husband's surname: to show possesion!!! It's soooo greek!!!! LOL!!!

4. azimut said:

... ...

... although to be honest ... ... ... cannot "think" of an "exception" ... ... ...

"meaning" ... a "surname" that is NOT in "GENITIVE CASE" ... !!! ... ... ...

(MUST be ALL, then ... !!! ... !!! LOL !!! ... HONESTLY, the "things" I "realise" ... as a "result" of "explaining" things to "you", adorable dya mou !!! ... ... ... THANK YOU !!! ... ... )

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

5. azimut said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    I'm not talking only about the article.

Cause in my example Το σπίτι της Μαριας, the name also receives an ς at the end.

As for the Greek surnames...I know the story...I also know the "misoginistic" explanation of why the woman's surname is the genitive of her husband's surname: to show possesion!!! It's soooo greek!!!! LOL!!!

... ...

I am SOOOO "delighted" to actually "hear" you FINALLY "call" something as "misoginistic" ... !!! ... ... ... INDEED !!! ... your "notation" is quite "correct" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

However, there is also the ... "εξ" ... "factor" ... ... ... IF you may "recall" ... when I "tried" to "analyse" ... "εξ αιτίας" ... to you ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... "origin" also "takes" ... "genitive case" ... !!! ... ... ... DYA HURRICAN-OU !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

6. dya said:

I am SOOOO "delighted" to actually "hear" you FINALLY "call" something as "misoginistic" ... !!! ... ... ... INDEED !!! ... your "notation" is quite "correct" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ... .
    Don't get me started!! LOL!!Anyway I find this with the wife's surname verryyyy possesive!!! LOL!! And I also notice that the woman belongs to the man, but the man belongs to his origins!!!! Well....this is too much!!! LOL!LOL!!

However, there is also the ... "εξ" ... "factor" ... ... ... IF you may "recall" ... when I "tried" to "analyse" ... "εξ αιτίας" ... to you ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... "origin" also "takes" ... "genitive case" ... !!! ... ... ... DYA HURRICAN-OU !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

... ...

HA HA HA HA!!!
    And yes, I remember the explanation!

7. azimut said:

Don't get me started!! LOL!!Anyway I find this with the wife's surname verryyyy possesive!!! LOL!! And I also notice that the woman belongs to the man, but the man belongs to his origins!!!! Well....this is too much!!! LOL!LOL!!

HA HA HA HA!!!
    And yes, I remember the explanation!

... ...

I "choose" to "take" the "origin" ... "explanation" ... for "ALL" ... "SURNAMES" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

I am QUITE ... "thrilled" ... about your ... "SURNAME" ... !!! LOL !!! ... =)

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... "befitting" ... INDEED !!! ... !!! ... !!!

AH !!! ... re ADORABLE dya !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

8. azimut said:

... ...

... "be" right back ... !!! ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

9. dya said:

I "choose" to "take" the "origin" ... "explanation" ... for "ALL" ... "SURNAMES" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ... .
    Well, I have to contradict you in here!
    So, assuming the man's name is Στεφανιδης ( which I found it means the son of Στεφανος) .The hypothetical son of Στεφανος gets married and his wife will be: κυρία Στεφανιδη. Which means she's a possesion of Στεφανος 's son. The "origin" Στεφανος is not to be found in her own family tree, but she gets related to the name by marriage. Therefore you can't say that the married woman's name has to do with her origins, cause actually it has to do with her husband's origins. And more that this, she doesn't take the name as it is(Στεφανιδης) but she gets "stamped" : she belongs to the son of Στεφανος!!!
    LOL!!!
    It's all about possesion!
    Αχ, Ελλάδα μου, τι με κανεις?! LOL!!!!

10. azimut said:

Well, I have to contradict you in here!
    So, assuming the man's name is Στεφανιδης ( which I found it means the son of Στεφανος) .The hypothetical son of Στεφανος gets married and his wife will be: κυρία Στεφανιδη. Which means she's a possesion of Στεφανος 's son. The "origin" Στεφανος is not to be found in her own family tree, but she gets related to the name by marriage. Therefore you can't say that the married woman's name has to do with her origins, cause actually it has to do with her husband's origins. And more that this, she doesn't take the name as it is(Στεφανιδης) but she gets "stamped" : she belongs to the son of Στεφανος!!!
    LOL!!!
    It's all about possesion!
    Αχ, Ελλάδα μου, τι με κανεις?! LOL!!!!

... ...

WOW !!! ... a "thesis" on "Greek possesion and surname of the female gender" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

Your "notation" is "correct" ... !!! ... I am not "doubting" that "aspect" of it ... !!! ... ... ...

Like I "said" ... I "choose" to "under-stand" it, the "way" I do ... !!! ... ... ...

Besides, I "believe" that the "female" ... "NEED NOT" ... "change" her "surname" ... JUST because she "got married" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... I "find" the ... "Spanish SURNAMES", to "be" more ... "appropriate" ... for a human "being" ... !!! ... ... ...

P.S.: Αχ, Ελλάδα μου, τι μου κανεις?!

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

11. dya said:

WOW !!! ... a "thesis" on "Greek possesion and surname of the female gender" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

Your "notation" is "correct" ... !!! ... I am not "doubting" that "aspect" of it ... !!! ... ... ...
    Yeah, I'm well over the learning period, now I give lectures.....on greek spirit!!! LOL!LOL!

Like I "said" ... I "choose" to "under-stand" it, the "way" I do ... !!! ... ... ...

Besides, I "believe" that the "female" ... "NEED NOT" ... "change" her "surname" ... JUST because she "got married" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...
    Greeks are jealous. FULL STOP! And possesive. FULL STOP. And ...greeks! FULL STOP!!!! LOL!!!

... I "find" the ... "Spanish SURNAMES", to "be" more ... "appropriate" ... for a human "being" ... !!! ... ... ... .
    See?! You're not greek! LOL!!!

P.S.: Αχ, Ελλάδα μου, τι μου κανεις?!
    Of course....I'm tired!
    So let me say it again!
    Αχ, Ελλάδα μου, τι μου κανεις?!

And where the hel-l is Omorfi? I'm starting to get worried!

I'll go to bed soon and you'll remain here by yourself. That's not to be done!!! And, Sirenceto, forget about learning! You need a break!!! LOL

Girls, what are you doing?!?!

12. azimut said:

Yeah, I'm well over the learning period, now I give lectures.....on greek spirit!!! LOL!LOL!

Greeks are jealous. FULL STOP! And possesive. FULL STOP. And ...greeks! FULL STOP!!!! LOL!!!

See?! You're not greek! LOL!!!

Of course....I'm tired!
    So let me say it again!
    Αχ, Ελλάδα μου, τι μου κανεις?!

And where the hel-l is Omorfi? I'm starting to get worried!

I'll go to bed soon and you'll remain here by yourself. That's not to be done!!! And, Sirenceto, forget about learning! You need a break!!! LOL

Girls, what are you doing?!?!

... ...

Για ΟΛΕΣ τις ... "παρατηρήσεις" σου ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... "RIGHT ON !!!" ...

... ... ...

Regarding "omorfi" ... I "HAVE" been "feeling" ... "worried" ... but (and), as "usual" I "thought" it is just "me being an alarmist Cypriot" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

I AM QUITE "worried", though !!! ... WHERE IS SHE ?!? ... !!! ... ... ...

... and "sirenceto" ... it would be VERY "nice" to have you "say" ... "Hello" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

AND, ... dya mou !!! ... adorable. adorable dya HURRICANOU mou ... !!! ... ... ...

it is probably "time" to "say" ... "Kalinikta" to you ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

13. azimut said:

... ...

... dya mou ... are you "ok" ?!? ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

14. dya said:

Yes, I am! And I see sirenceto is here(Γεια σου! ), so I can go to bed relaxed, now!
    I'm smoking the last cigarette before kalinixta, so I'll be around for a few minutes more!

15. azimut said:

... ...

... SIRENCETO MOU !!! ... ... ...

You DID "come" to "say" ... "hello" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

16. azimut said:

Yes, I am! And I see sirenceto is here(Γεια σου! ), so I can go to bed relaxed, now!
    I'm smoking the last cigarette before kalinixta, so I'll be around for a few minutes more!

... ...

JOINING YOU !!! ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

sirenceto said:

Unhappy What time of the day to say Hello

well, I would like to say Kalispera,though it is in fact time to say Kalinihta and Kalin Avrio. It was a long day and pretty hard,having to solve some awful problems with my Statistics and . . . so on. I don't want to bore you.
    I have read everything you wrote. And Dya mou, thank you for the lecture in greek surnames I did'n know about it and found it pretty interesting.
    I miss being "with you" in these lectures but soon my exams will be a past and I will join you every evening (oh, I have just called the 20 days left SOON ). I miss u!
    Filia poly!
    sirenceto

sirenceto said:

In fact, I will be here in 10 min. Don't wanna go sleeping yet...
    Azim mou, are u still there? Wait for me

19. dya said:

Don't worry, sirenceto! Exams will be over eventually! Trust me, I've been there!

And after this period you'll be the last one to go to bed from all of us! As a revenge! LOL!!

I'm glad you found my "lecture" interesting! Aren't they lovely, these greeks? LOL!!!

And, now, time for me to say Καληνύχτα και γλύκα ονείρα!!

20. dya said:

Also, time for me to say ευχαριστώ to my teacher for the assistance offered tonight! Wonderful conversation we had!

And thank you for joining me for the cigarette!

Καληνύχτα πάλι!