An Honest Man's Truth to a Lie He's Long Been Leading

Thread: An Honest Man's Truth to a Lie He's Long Been Leading

Tags: None
  1. johnnyrocket said:

Default An Honest Man's Truth to a Lie He's Long Been Leading

Here's a letter, your own little memoir, to do with as you please. My feelings this night hit harder than ever, and the only words I have are "I'm sorry." It takes all my courage to dial your number, but even then I can't reach you, and with no other means of contact, I'm left to think this through.

You pushed off with your own two feet, and I told you to keep on swimming. Now here I sit, watching the small speck in the distance, and a lone tear blurs my vision. Hurriedly, I clear my eye, but in that blink I lost you. The horizon has swallowed my ocean's pearl, the one that took years to create. I look down to the sand at my feet, never to find one as perfect nor great.

So here I am apologizing, for everything I've done. For every time I've passed the blame, when every time I'm wrong. What a sad sight this must be, for all you critics watching, as I flop about, gasping for breath, begging for sympathy. The times have changed, my eyes have opened, and this is what I see. I've found this that I deserve; I accept you're lost to me. I never saw that which I now know, I should've never let you go, and as punishment it seems that I am left with this forever empty hole.
    Last edited by johnnyrocket; 01-27-2007 at 07:54 PM.