Moroccan Arabic help, 3afak?

Thread: Moroccan Arabic help, 3afak?

Tags: None

minnipinni said:

Default Moroccan Arabic help, 3afak?

Hi,
    I know that I should ask translation for lyrics, but I haven't found help from anywhere else, and I start to be desperate... And IN A HURRY TOO

So could anyone please please help and translate a short message for me?
    (transliteration in English letters, please)
    I prefer Moroccan Arabic as the receiver of my message is from Morocco, but if you can translate this in very "common" Arabic I think it would be ok too.

"
    - DON'T OPEN this before 14.2. !!!!
    - Happy Valentine's Day my love! You are the most important thing in my life and I love you so much!
    Today (14.2.) is still 80 days before I will see you, I really can't wait.
    I send you these photos because I know that you miss home very much.. Hopefully these CD:s will work in your cd-player.
    Take care of yourshelf and be carefull, ok? I always worry about you. I am silly, I know, but I just love you so much.
    I really wish that I could be there with you today. "

Thank you so much if you can help me, I would be so grateful

RoCk-StAr said:

I can't help you with Moroccan Arabic since it's so far from Arabic itself, but they understand Egyptian & Standard Arabic & French, so I'll give you a Standard Arabic translation...

- La Tafta7ha kabl 14.2. !!!!
    - 3eed 3oshak sa3eed ya 7abibi! Anta aham shee2 fe 7ayati wa ana o7ebok katheeran!
    Al yawm (14.2.) la yazaal 80 yawman 7ata araak, ana 7akan la astatee3 al intizaar.
    Orsel ilayka hazeh as-souar la2anany a3lam anaka taftaked al watan katheeran.. atamana an ta3mal hazeh al-istiwanat fe moshaghel istiwanatak.
    I3tany benafsak wa kon 7azeran, 7asanan? Ana aklak 3alayka da2eman. A3lam anany ghabeya, wa lakeny o7eboka katheeran.
    Ana 7akan atamana an akoon ma3ak honak al-yawm.

P.S. This was wrote targeted to a man, I'm not sure but you didn't specify a gender and that's very important in Arabic, if you want it for a woman tell me and I'll change it for you, I'll try to give you a French translation too since Moroccans understand French better...
    Last edited by RoCk-StAr; 02-05-2007 at 09:27 PM.

RoCk-StAr said:

Ok, French Translation done too.

- Ne pas l'ouvrir avant 14.2. !!!!
    - Joyeuse Saint Valentin mon amour! Tu es la chose la plus importante dans ma vie et je t'aime trop!
    Aujourd'hui (14.2.) est encore 80 jours avant que je te verrai, je vraiment ne peux pas attendre.
    Je t'envoie ces photos parce que je sais que tu manques à la maison beaucoup.. J'espère que ces CD's fonctionneront dans ton Cd-joueur.
    Prendre soin de tu-même et faire attention, D'accord? Je m'inquiète toujours de toi. Je suis idiot, je sais, mais je t'aime juste trop.
    Je souhaite vraiment que je pourrais être là avec toi aujourd'hui.
    Last edited by RoCk-StAr; 02-05-2007 at 09:26 PM.

4. rayaneiwane said:

hi everybody I speak arabic of tanger and algeria cos I like it

Quote Originally Posted by RoCk-StAr View Post
    Ok, French Translation done too.

- Ne pas l'ouvrir avant 14/.2. !!!!
    matefte78ach eqbel rebe3tach
    - Joyeuse Saint Valentin mon amour! Tu es la chose la plus importante dans ma vie et je t'aime trop!
    mabrouk l3eid el 7ob entaya or entina el 7aja el mo8ema fy 7yaty nhebek besaf
    Aujourd'hui (14.2.) et encore 80 jours avant que je te verrai, je ne peux vraiment pas attendre.
    lyouma we 3ad tmanine youm qbel manchoufek maneqderch nestenna
    Je t'envoie ces photos parce que je sais que tu me manques ou je te manque à la maison
    nersel lyk hayde essouar la7aqanach ne3ref ka twe7echny fyl beit besaf
    beaucoup..
    J'espère que ces CD's fonctionneront dans ton lecteur-Cd.
    netmenna hade CD teqder tesme38oum
    Prends soin de toi et fais attention, D'accord? Je m'inquiète toujours pour toi
    t8ella fyk we hedher , nichane? diima ma8mouma beek or beeky
    . Je suis idiot, je sais, mais je t'aime trop.
    ma8boul or bo8ally ne3raf walakine n7ebak kteer
    Je souhaite vraiment que je pourrais être là avec toi aujourd'hui.
    netmenna bel7aq nkoune lyouma m3aakk

ya habibi ana metwa7chek besaaaaaf rje3 lyaaa

ya salam 3ala el 7ob
    2ade2eeh 7elwy el gharam

el 3ogba lel zouage ella 3ad makane
    happy wedding if you rn't married

5. rayaneiwane said:

hi rokstar nice arabic
    where are from minipini?

after 3afak we say bse7a in algerian and in morrocan we say ble jmil
    (bedouny jamil )
    Last edited by rayaneiwane; 02-06-2007 at 03:52 AM.

minnipinni said:

Hi all
    and thank you so much!! Especially RockStar who was the first one answering me (and really quick). The packet to my love is already in post.
    It's gonna be a nice surprise to him to get a letter in arabic

rayaneiwane: I am from Finland but I study in Estonia now (it's next to Finland). Guys, I have to tell you that it's so freezing here at the moment: -38 degrees... It's better to stay in as much as possible... HRRRRRRRRRRR...

7. rayaneiwane said:

hi mini i don't need to say me where is estonia lol
    I want to say dat it's very trendy to speak with morrocan dialect in all arabic countries

RoCk-StAr said:

Quote Originally Posted by rayaneiwane View Post
    I want to say dat it's very trendy to speak with morrocan dialect in all arabic countries
    No it's not, because simply no one understands you, Egyptian dialect is the trendiest since it's the main dominating dialect on the media, then comes the Lebanese, Moroccan Arabic has absolutely NOTHING to do with real Arabic, when I meet Moroccans I speak to them in French.

9. rayaneiwane said:

morrocan accent is trendy not magrebian arabic

hi rokstar we have literary arab in common why u speak another language,,? u rn' t proud of" couran" language
    morrocan understand middeast arabic but u no!
    leh?LOL
    for my parts i speak with syrian with shami accent with tunisian in tunisian I lov speakin arabic

yah it'sn't easy to speak in maghrebian but now a lot of song are singing in magrebian by mideast artist like diana haddad, a female koweiti singer and lot of....

at tv I se alot of speak with moorocan accent

minnipinni said:

I would like to learn arabic but at the moment i'm so busy with my school that really don't have so much time. And also I think that you have to go to a language course to get started, as it is propably so difficult (=impossible) to learn it on your own...

Anyway, do you think that it would be possible to learn to speak/read arabic only with english letters, without knowing arabic letters at all?
    I know a lot of arabic words already and know how to make some simple sentences but I don't know arabic letters..

It is fun to "talk" in the messenger with my boyfriend, because I can express myself more and more with using arabic words.
    But I have to say that pronouncing these words is another thing
    For Finnish person it's impossible to pronounce a word which is totally without vocals. When I try, I really make my boyfriend laugh !

Arabic is a beautyful language and I love arabic songs the most !
    You are lucky guys as you have been born in a arabic country.

RoCk-StAr said:

no it's not that, I can't understand the tone they speak in, and the tempo, it's too much of a hassle that it's really easier to speak to them in French since, I had an Algerian teacher at school, I swear the 1st 2 months we almost understood nothing she said.

RoCk-StAr said:

Well minnipinni (Reminds me of James Bond )
    I know people who reached a decent level teaching themselves Arabic, and in my opinion, I think it's important to learn how to read the Arabic script, it will make it all easier for you, and of course I know how pronunciation is almost impossible, but I think it's doable, there's this French Egyptologist that learned Arabic is 1 year and he speaks like a native, I still can't believe it, but he did.

Here's something that might help you
    Ukindia Learn Arabic script 1

And yes I gotta say that knowing Arabic as a native language makes it easier for me to learn any other language easily, although learning Turkish isn't as smooth, they use too many vowels and long words, it took me ages to learn how to pronounce the word "Görüşürüz"

13. rayaneiwane said:

hi mini I hav a french and bermanian friends they learn arabic now they can speak with me and I swear you that they can sing nancy ajram songs

14. Soso said:

Quote Originally Posted by RoCk-StAr View Post
    No it's not, because simply no one understands you, Egyptian dialect is the trendiest since it's the main dominating dialect on the media, then comes the Lebanese, Moroccan Arabic has absolutely NOTHING to do with real Arabic, when I meet Moroccans I speak to them in French.
    Hello
    The "NOTHING" in caps was a bit of exageration, huh?
    The Moroccan dialect has so much from MSA, it's just about saving vowels . We don't speak that fast, it's just a matter of habit. Middle eastern people should be more open to North African channels, just like we are to theirs.

By the way, for the minnipinni who needs some resources for Darija, check these out:
    Speak Moroccan
    Moroccan Vocabulary

RoCk-StAr said:

Hehe, yeah, sorry about that, but still, it's really hard to understand a Moroccan speaking in Moroccan, I could understand Algerian and Tunisian, but Moroccan is like Maltese to me, they are both Arabic, but still they are just to vague to me to understand.
    خليك معايا يا حبيبي مهما كان
    خليك معايا يا حلم عمري اللي في خيالي من زمان

16. Soso said:

Well well, shame on you
    I'd speak Egyptian to you like a native

RoCk-StAr said:

lol, sorry if you were offended, I really didn't mean to.
    And it's a good thing you speak fluent Egyptian, other Moroccans that I've met can hardly speak even Standard Arabic and I had to speak to them in French.

18. Soso said:

No worries, I am not offended at all. I just had to register to comment on your post.
    It's not a strange thing that Moroccans understand well and even speak Egyptian. We always have had Egyptian movies on our Moroccan channels. And I mean it "ALWAYS"! The strange thing is when a Moroccan is unable to get Egyptian. Aren't your friends living in Morocco?
    And how come you speak French by the way?

RoCk-StAr said:

They were raised in Morocco and then moved to France or USA
    And about me knowing French, well, Egypt is a member of "La Francophonie", we have a decent Francophone community in Egypt since we have many "Catholic French Schools", but I studied French at school as a 2nd language and later I took courses to get more fluent with the language.

20. JustReality said:

Lightbulb Too many pretentious ppl out there...

No Rockstar, the Egyptian dialect is not useful in Morocco as you choose to believe... unless you are cracking jokes of course. Because all that escapes those ppl is, haga haga ga ga gggg awee awee awee^10...very funny. IAD the O N L Y Moroccans that are interested in Lebanese are dim young girls--never straight men have you noticed--trying to become singers, that's it, THEY are the funniest ones to me...trying speak everyone's language the way they do/don't. Anwayz to Speak in the colloquial Moroccan mode, you'r gonna need fluency in MSA & French. I know the post is OLD but I couldn't leave "Oum el Donya" with any illusion of grandeur.