muévete duro?

Thread: muévete duro?

Tags: None
  1. sd said:

Default muévete duro?

Hi, I'm new here, and I have a few questions...

Does "muévete duro" (from Drop It On Me - Ricky Martin, Daddy Yankee) mean something besides "move hard"? That doesn't translate well into English. Does it mean "dance passionately?" Does it have a naughty connotation? How naughty?

What about the lyrics at the end of the song, I guess it's Daddy Yankee, I can't understand them. Are any of those lyrics naughty?

We're thinking about playing this song at our wedding in Mexico for a solo samba routine (we're ballroom dancers), and we don't want the natives snickering at the silly Americans dancing to such naughty music. LOL

But we are looking for a sexy song, so naughty innuendos are just fine (the English lyrics say "get it on" which is somewhat risque, but we're thinking it will be okay). And of course, the title of the song is one big innuendo...

Any samba song suggestions would be much appreciated as well. TIA

shy.sushi said:

HI!
    For your wedding? that is great! it sounds really nice! ^^ congratss!

Well... as i am a native Spanish speaker and Mexican ^^ i can assure you that there is nothing wrong with that song (in my personal point of view)
    At least for me "muevete duro" doesn't have any other meaning than "move hard". Ricky Martin doesn't sing really naughty songs.

I don't really get what does Daddy Yankee says :S he speaks so fast :S:S
    But i think that the only think you don't want is a naughty song, and this one is ok for you to dance
    It's not nasty

Good Luck!

3. sd said:

Smile

Thank you so much! You have put my mind at ease.