Bingöl

Thread: Bingöl

Tags: None
  1. Kostana said:

Default Bingöl

Can someone translate for me the song Bingöl by Kardes Turkuler?
    Is it Armenian or Turkish?
    Thank you!
    Kostana

marmaris said:

it is turkish,i will translate for you

marmaris said:

yerp pats yegan karnan gananc tirneri
    knar tarnan agpurneri bingoli
    sarvesaran antsan zukvadz ugderi
    yars el kinats yaylaneri bingoli

molorvel em, campanerin dzanot cem
    pur licerin, ked u karin dzanot cem,
    yes bantukhd em, es degerin dzanot cem
    kurik asa, vorin e campan bingoli?

(I AM NOT SURE WHİCH LANGUAGE(it can be Laz) IT IS BUT HERE IS TURKISH ONE)

bahar yesil kapilari actiginda(when spring opened green doors)
    ´knar´a- benzedi bingol´un pinarlari,(bingöl's spring resembled to knar'
    dizi dizi gecti deve kervanlari,(camel caranas passed step by step)
    yarim de gitti bingol´un yaylalarina?(my love went to Bingöl's plateau

kaybolmusum, yollarin yabancisiyim,(l am lost,l am strange to these ways)
    tum gollerin, nehirlerin, taslarin,(to all lakes,rivers,stones)
    ben gocmenim, bu yerlerin yabancisiyim,(l am immigrant,l am strange for these places)
    bacim, soyle, nerede bingol´un yollari?(say me sibling,whe are the bingöl's ways?)
  4. ardas said:

Marmaris,

Your first reply says it is Turkish and the next one says you are not sure and it may be Laz.

You have resources to find the translation, but yet do not know what language it is! It is a shame that you are being part of a larger "cultural destruction" of Armenian identity in Anatolia.

I am Armenian and I can assure you that those lyrics are in Armenian.

marmaris said:

Quote Originally Posted by ardas View Post
    Marmaris,

Your first reply says it is Turkish and the next one says you are not sure and it may be Laz.

You have resources to find the translation, but yet do not know what language it is! It is a shame that you are being part of a larger "cultural destruction" of Armenian identity in Anatolia.

I am Armenian and I can assure you that those lyrics are in Armenian.
    what are you saying?Kardeş Türküler is turkish titler and he or she wanted to translate ''Bingöl'' and it is turkish title too,so l thought it is TURKIsh song!!!! and some part of it Turkish and l changed.i am not Armenain adn l dont have to know which writings are Armenain or not.i dont care. i am not ashame of it!!i know turkish and you can just blame me for not speaking good turkish or good trasnlation. what a shame''' haha DO I HAVE TO KNOW YOUR LANGUAGE????
  6. ardas said:

Please read more carefully what I have said. Obviously, I am not expecting you to know any Armenian. I am not even expecting you to care what language this song is in.

All I am saying is, as a Turkish person you can clearly tell that this song is not in Turkish, and yet you said it was. And if you watch the YouTube video of this song, the video says it is an Armenian song.

So, if you don't care then just say I don't know. But if you do, I am sure you already knew that this was in Armenian.

My intention was not to offend you and I am sorry if I did.

marmaris said:

Bingöl is turkish title,so firstly l thought it is Turkish song.l heard so many song from Kardeş Turkuler.and this title alsı is turkish,but when l found the song lyrics,isaw it is not only Turkish song,and l didint know what is the other language.i just translate turkish part and didnt look youtube,so it is so normal for me not to know which language it is

''It is a shame that you are being part of a larger "cultural destruction" of Armenian identity in Anatolia.''
    i just was angry this sentence!
  8. Kostana said:

Actually, I was looking for an English translation. I knew it was an Armenian song, sung by a Turkish group. I am studying Turkish, and tried to look up the words and couldnt' find most of them, so I figured it may be in Armenian.
    In any case, didn't mean to cause an angry discussion. I love this song. It is beautiful both the song and the singer singing it. I think Kardes Turkuler chose it to be a message of peace. I wish all the hate talk between peopel would stop and we would all realize we bleed the same, eat the same and drink the same.
    Spend less time arguing and start dancing.
    or singing..
    or playing an instrument.
    thank you!
    Kostana
  9. catamian said:

Default Bingol-the real story :)

Bingol is an Armenian song written by an Armenian poet named Avetik Issahakian who survived the Armenian Genocide and lived out the rest of his life in Soviet Armenia. The lyrics are in Armenian and were at one point translated into Turkish.
    Avetik Issahakian also wrote A famous book Abu Lala Mahari and Sahadi's Last Spring, a very beautiful short story inspired by classical Persian love songs.
    I think the Turkish person on here is pulling your leg, as one would have to be lacking in intelligence to listen to a song in Armenian and think it were in Turkish....

duru said:

Default Talking without Listening

So the area is empty, you may run as much as you can. Any more ?

Ardas says "I was mistaken." Ok, but the message you laid still remains there...
    Why don't you delete it yourself? Why don' t you translate the remaining into
    turkish (if you know) or to english so that we can understand what the song
    tells about? I thought This was what we all expected here

And Catamian comes to tell the life story of Avetik Issahakian,
    laying another message of course which I'm not going to repeat.
    That wasn't enough. Though Marmaris has said twice that she hadn't
    listened to the song, Catamian ignores this fact. Otherwise Catamian would have
    no reason to talk. Catamian adresses Marmaris as "the Turkish person on here"
    (how clever) and tries to insult her "saying you lack intelligence, but makes another mistake as this unnecessary
    and unfair insult goes to everybody. I think you have surpassed the level
    of cleverness. And may I ask, have you noticed that this is a place where
    lyrics are translated. There are many places where you can discuss whatever
    you have in mind, but this place is not one of them. Will you be able to understand?

AND MODERATORS AND THE ADMINISTRATOR,

WHERE ARE THE RULES?

I DEMAND that post of catamian be deleted. OTHERWISE I ACCUSE
    you of LETTING POLITICS into the forum.

Last but not least, Politics and Lyrics don't go well together

Best wishes to ALL

.....*
    ET
  11. catamian said:

My apologies if I did not properly read the entire history of the thread.

As for politics, I don't see understand you could be talking about: if s/o wrote that "La Vie en Rose" was a German song and I or someone else corrected him or her, pointing out that it was in fact by Edith Piaffe and a French song, I can't imagine you would accuse me of being somehow "political," unless proper and/or academic attribution is something that you find somehow offensive or wrong-minded. Quite to the contrary I was paying the person's/your intelligence a compliment.
    There are translations available in both TUrkish and English if you care to google a bit (Kostana) and if you still need them, please let me know as I would be happy to send them to you and to ET.
    Goodnight/Kali nikta/Iyi Geceler/Kisher Pari
    (that was: English, Greek, Western Armenian and Turkish,respectively. I apologies, I do hope I am not being politically incorrect again but I do not know the Kurdish or Laz equivalents....)

ARMENIAtheBEAUTIFUL said:

Hello Kostana,

This is an Armenian song (which of course the Turks have taken and translated in Turkish and now some Turks like "marmaris" want to claim it as a theirs-- JUST LIKE THE TURKISH FLAG = stolen flag of constantinople, TURKISH LANGUAGE = mix of already existing languages, TURKISH ALPHABET = copy of latin letters).

This was written by Avedik Isahakian (1875-1957 AD). He was a native of Gumri, Armenia. Avedik Isahakian carried on the poetic traditions of the Armenian troubadors, writing of love and sorrow relating to the Armenian Genocide in his poems. He wrote about disillusioned love, love for his mother and his homeland, sorrow for those who fell heroically for their homeland. Isahakian's poems are simple, clear, sometimes mystical. They come from the heart of the poet directly to the heart of the reader.

It is just shameful that Turks would steal this form of art, after they were the ones who caused the sorrow, and thus, the inspiration for the song in the first place.

HERE ARE THE LYRICS AND TRANSLATION FOR THE ORIGINAL ARMENIAN VERSION OF "BINGOL"

Yerp pats yeghan karnan ganach trneruh
    When the green doors of Spring opened,
    Knar taran aghpyoorneruh Bingyoli
    the springs of Bingyol sang like a lyre.
    Sahrve sharan antsan zookvadz ooghderu
    A caravan of camels went by in pairs
    Yars el gnats yailaneruh Bingyoli
    and carried my true love to the fields of Bingyol.

Ankin yaris looys yeresin garod em
    I miss my precious love's bright face,
    Nazoog mechkin, dzov dzamerin garod em
    I miss her small waist, her hair wavy like the ocean
    Kaghtsr lezvin anoosh hodin garod em
    I miss her sweet words, her sweet smell,
    Sev achkerov en yeghnigin Bingyoli
    and the dark eyes (like a deer) of that beauty of Bingyol

Bagh bagh chrer, babag shoortuhs chi patsvi
    Even for cold waters, my parched lips won't open;
    Dzoop-dzop dzaghgoonk
    even with layers of beautiful flowers around me,
    latsogh achkus chi patsvi
    my crying eyes won't open;
    Ter chdesadz yaris, sirdus chi patsvi
    My heart won't open until I see my true love.
    Indz inch, avagh, aghpyoorneru Bingyoli
    Alas, even the beautiful springs of Bingyol

Molorvel em, jampanerin dzanot chem
    I am lost, these roads are foreign to me.
    Pyoor ljerin, ked oo karin dzanot chem
    These thousands of lakes, rock, and rivers are foreign to me
    Yes bantookhd em, es degherin dzanot chem,
    I am adrift; I am not familiar with these paths
    Kooyrig asa, vorn e jampan Bingyoli?
    Sister, tell me, which is the road to Bingyol?