A Special Thank You

Thread: A Special Thank You

Tags: None
  1. Yorgo said:

Wink A Special Thank You

Although none of you knows me, this is the story of how we met. Our story starts in the not-too-distant past. When my work was done on that day, it was time to go home. As I turned the key in the ignition, the car’s engine started contemporaneously with the voice of Yorgos Dalaras in the CD player

Ο ουρανός φεύγει βαρύς πάνω από τη ζωή μου.
    The sky departs heavily above my life.

At work that night, I had come into contact with so many people for whom the sky had departed heavily. I closed my eyes for a moment while the engine heated up, and in the darkness, I saw helicopter blades cutting a circle in the air. The door of the copter opened as we rushed with our gurney to retrieve a 17 year-old boy who had been driving without a seat belt.

I listened to the transport nurse’s report as we wheeled our patient from the helipad to the emergency department. He was lifeless, and nothing we did could change that. I’ll never forget the look on his mother’s face when I told her that she no longer had a son. She fell to the floor and grabbed my legs, screaming and sobbing. I knelt down and held her. We both cried.

There had also been the 25 year old girl who weighed 875 pounds (397 kg). She had come to see us because she was having trouble breathing. The sheer weight of her chest made it impossible for her to ventilate her lungs effectively. When she turned onto her side, the fat around her neck compressed her trachea. We struggled to save her, but her anatomy was so distorted that nothing could be done. Her family held her hand as she took her last breath. For all of them, the sky had departed heavily.

I became aware of my own heartbeat as my car pulled into the driveway at home.

Ο ουρανός φεύγει βαρύς, τα όνειρά μου παίρνει
    και μες στην τόση μου φωτιά, άλλη φωτιά μου φέρνει

The sky departs heavily; it takes my dreams.
    In the midst of my many fires, it brings me yet more fire.

Dalaras’ words touched me because I knew I would be walking into an empty house. My wife left two years ago. I still haven’t recovered emotionally. I don’t blame her. Her excuse was that I might contract some disease at work and bring it home. At least that was what she said. Perhaps it ιs better that I never knew her real reason.

As the key turned in the lock on the front door, there was a silence so overwhelming that I could hear every tumbler fall into place. The door opened, and I was alone with only the memories of the day as company.

I sipped some ouzo as those memories flickered in my mind like disconnected scenes in a film.

I laughed as I recalled the patient who came in because he thought that he had contracted hoof and mouth disease from riding a mule. I wanted to tell him, “In order to get hoof and mouth disease, you have to have hooves,” but instead, I validated him by saying, “You mean you didn’t get your shots?”

I felt compassion as I recalled the medical student who wanted to tell me about “the chest pain in room 4.” I corrected him by saying, “There is no chest pain in room 4. There is a man in room 4 with chest pain. Never depersonalize your work or your patients.”

I felt comfort as I recalled the 22 year old gang member who had been stabbed in the chest with an ice pick. A chest x-ray showed that the area around his heart was “wide.” He was bleeding into the “skin” that covers his heart, which is called the pericardium.

As he was being transfused with blood, I picked up a scalpel and sliced his chest from his left nipple to his side. I broke up the chest wall muscle with my hand and slipped in two pieces of metal called a rib spreader. When I turned a crank, the two pieces of metal moved away from each other, pushing the gang member’s ribs apart. When I could see his pericardium, I reached in with the scalpel and cut it to release the pressure from the blood that was leaking out of his heart.

With suction in hand, I searched desperately to find the hole that had been created by the ice pick. It was hidden by his lung. A nurse held the lung aside while I took a small piece of gauze and sewed it over the hole. Heart tissue is very delicate, and sewing it is like trying to sew a wet paper bag. Slowly, carefully, and surely, the piece of gauze went into place. The hole was patched, but the gang member’s heart had stopped beating.

I shot in some adrenalin and began squeezing the heart rhythmically. I squeezed once, twice, three times – as in my mind, I said, “God, I have done everything I can. The rest is up to you. Γενηθητω το θελημα σου, Thy will be done.”

When I rested my hand, there was a small suggestion of spontaneous movement. Then there was one heartbeat, another, and finally there was a normal rhythm. This young man would live.

My thoughts of the day came full circle when I recalled listening to the Dalaras song on the way home. As my mind silently sang the words, one phrase bothered me.

Η ________ σου έμεινε να δένει την ψυχή μου

Was Dalaras saying θύμησή or θελησις?

I decided to try and find the answer on line. I googled Greek lyrics, and suddenly, to my complete amazement and surprise, there you all were.

There is no way I can even begin to describe the sheer joy I felt at finding you. Here was a group of people that loved Greek music as much as I did, and they were sharing that love with each other.

Until 5:00 am, I read the various links on the website. I laughed out loud at the word “Greeklish,” which I had never heard before. I was entertained by the “rule of nines,” as in “cloud nine” or “dressed to the nines.” I was educated in Greek grammar. I marveled at the efforts that many of you have put into learning my Greek language.

And I smiled as I read about “cut your veins” songs, with your references to Greeks and suffering. Please know that it is not suffering we love; it is feeling! Being able to feel passionately -- both deep sadness, great joy, and everything in between -- reminds us that we are alive.

In my own experience, the many Greek songs I listened to after my wife left were my saviors. They taught me that I didn’t have to feel alone, that others have felt as I felt then. They gave me the strength to see beyond my own grief.

I signed off at 5:00 am and drove into the city of San Francisco, about 40 minutes away from my home. I parked in the Presidio and walked onto the Golden Gate Bridge to watch the sunrise.

During the first moments of dawn, all I could think about was how privileged I felt at the experience of having “met” you all on the website. If, as the ancient Greeks said, music is Ιερα Οδο, the Sacred Way, the road that connects all mankind, then all of us are connected by the music that we love. A connection to one’s fellow man is the greatest gift one can ever know, and I felt as if that gift had just been handed to me without restriction.

As the sun rose in the sky, nothing else mattered except that one, brief, shining moment in time. My heart was able to transcend its pain. My soul found wings and soared high above the ramparts of the bridge. It was as if an angel had looked upon me and smiled. I no longer felt wounded; I felt blessed.

2. Yorgo said:

(THIS IS REALLY PART 2 OF THE ABOVE)

If I may, I would like to thank you all in your own languages, at least those that I can speak. Hopefully, you will forgive my rusty grammar and vocabulary.

To everyone in Poland (My Polish sucks.)
    Macie dobry gust muzyczny. Moze kiedys sie wszyscy spotkamy w Grecji.

To everyone in Spain (My Spanish is “fair.”)
    Lo siento de que no puedes incontrar la musica Griega in Barcelona. Afortunadamente, no estas tan lejos de Grecia.

To everyone in Turkey
    I am sorry that I cannot speak your language. Please know that I forgive you for Pontos and Smyrna, as I hope you forgive me for the atrocities that my people have perpetrated against you. Our music shares many similarities. Perhaps it will someday pave the road that will bring us closer together.

To everyone in Germany (My German is above average.)
    Ich liebe Ihr Land soviel wie Sie meine Musik lieben. Vielleicht eines Tages wir werden treffen und erfahren diese Liebe zusammen. Liki, ich glaube dass du ein bisschen Griechisches Blut hast. Blue Velvet, kanst du auch Hochdeutsch odor nur Schwaben?

To everyone in Greece & Cyprus (I speak better than I write.)
    Καλημερα Ελλαδα! Αναζητω την πατριδα μας παρα πολυ. Επιθυμω να ημουν εκει τωρα, να πινω ουζο, να χορεβω, και να ακουσω καλη μουσικη. Η ζωη εδω ειναι πολυ κουραστικη. Στην Αμερικη, οι ανθροποι δεν ειναι τοσο εκπολιτισμενοι οσο ειναι οι ανθροποι στην Ελλαδα. Πυροβολουν και διαπερνουν ο ενας τον αλλον. Τετοια θυματα ερχουνται παντα στο νοσοκομειο που δουλεβω. Αυτος ειναι ο λογος που σκεφτομαι οτι η ζωη ειναι καλυτερη εκει. Στην Ελλαδα, υπαρχουν προβληματα, ακριβως οπως υπαρχουν προβληματα παντου, αλλα ο κοσμος ειναι ευτυχισμενη. Ενας ανθρωπος δεν ζη με το φοβο που το αυριο θεν θα ερθει.

Ευχομε να ησαστε καλα. Ισως θα μπορουμε να συναντηθουμε καποια ημερα.

To all Greek-Americans in the USA
    Keep your love for Greek music alive. It is a part of your culture that will reward you many times over. Your culture is important. You can never know where you are going unless you first know where you came from.

And finally, to two very, VERY, VERY special people --

Veronika (My Bulgarian sucks.)
    TI POXAZVASH DOBROTA MNOGO PATI, KATO POMAGASH NA MNOGO HORA, PREVEJDAIXI PESNI. AZ SE NADIAVAM NINO DA UVAJI BOGATSTVOTO, KOETO SI TI.

MOIAT OSTROV *****SS GEOGRAFSKI E MNOGO BLIZO DO BULGARIA. AS SE NADIAVAM HIAKOI DEN DA SE SRESHTNEM PRI NIAXOE OT MOITE ZAVRASHTAHIA V DOMA.

MOLIA PISHI MI AKO IMASH VREME. JELAIA DA NAUCHA POVECHE SA TEB I TVOIA JIVOT.

AZ OBICHAM BALGARSKA MUZIKA – RACHEHNTSA RITAM!

and

Omorfi
    I apologize for not being able to speak Nordsk, but perhaps you will understand this message in Greek. Αγαπητη μου Αλεξανδρα, το ονομα που διαλεξες, Ομορφη, σου παει. Η ομορφια που εγνωρισα στης λεξις σου ητανε υπεροχη. Εδιαβασα αυτες της λεξις οχι με τα ματια μου, αλλα με το πονο που εχω μεσα στην καρδια μου, και νομιζω οτι εχω μαθει κατι για τον ανθροπο που θα σου δινει χαρα.

Αυτος ο ανθροπος, οταν κρατα το χερι σου, θα σκεφτει οτι αγγιζει μεταξι. Οταν βλεπει τα ματια σου, αυτος ο ανθροπος θα σκεφτι οτι μπροστα του ειναι δυο μεγαλα διαμαντια. Οταν σε συναντα, αυτος ο ανθροπος θα σκεφτει οτι μεχρι τοτε, ηταν πεθαμενος, και απο εκεινη την στιγμη, θα εχει γεννηθει.

Αυτος ειναι ο ανθροπος που θα σου κανει ευτυχησμενη.

Εσει, Αλεξανδρακι μου, εχεις κατι που χρειαζει ο κοσμος – εχεις μια ψυχη που ειναι αληθεινη. Αυτο ειναι κατι πολυ σπουδαιο. Να μην το χανεις ποτε.

Θεν εχω παει ποτε στην Νορβηγια. Ισως καποια ημερα θα μπορω να κανω το ταξιδι και θα μπορεις εσει να μου παρουσιασεις το χωριο σου.

Θα ηταν τιμη μου να σε γνωριζω. Γραψε με μερικα λογια στο e-mail μου αμα βρεις τον καιρο. Θα μου δωσει χαρα να λαβω νεα σου.

Να εισε καλα.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Perhaps it was madness for me to tell our story. I have never written anything in a chat room before, and I must admit to feeling somewhat “naked” at doing so now. However, I would feel flattered and even honored if any of you should choose to communicate with me personally. My e-mail address is yorgo2@aol.com.

Each one of you has touched me in a unique and special way. I cannot thank you enough. Your lives are like a dance, moving, and moving me.

Με παρα πολυ αγαπη, (With very much love),

Γεωργιος Yorgo
    Last edited by Yorgo; 02-15-2007 at 11:51 PM.

3. dya said:

Speechless......

We thank you for sharing all these thoughts with us. We thank you for being who you are and for coming here and say it to us.

We are humbly proud that we could, by no special intention, put a smile on someone's face.

And I am glad you chose to come here and introduce yourself to us, to step out from the shadow of "guest" and step in the light of the "members".

I am glad that all you read here made you come back and want more, instead of shutting down the page and never giving it a second thought.

And maybe we are not all the time very.."inspired", maybe we don't always say intelligent things, maybe we are childish sometimes, maybe we are too "fun making" or to "depressed" at times but there are two things that keep bringing us back in here: one is the primary reason for which all of us found the forum, and that is greek music from which some of us have developed an obsession with greek language(meanwhile the forum has also become a place to learn, in stead of a place to find out translations from). The second reson that bring us in here, in an addictive way, I may say, it's the..company. My day can not start properly if I don't say Καλημέρα in here. I come from work and drop by here to say καλησπέρα. I don't go to bed without telling people here Καληνύχτα. I'm happy for them when they're happy. I'm sad if they're sad. I'm worried if they don't show up,and then I realise this is just a forum and I don't actually have the possibility to make a phone call and ask: hey, is everything all right?( But the mere fact that this crossed my mind, tell something about the above "real space" relationships developed in here. )
    Then, when they do show up, I'm as glad as when an old friend comes to pay me a visit. It's genuine joy.

This is what is happening around here. Will you be here from now on, enjoying and participating in all I described above? Cause we'll be most certainly glad to have you around(that is when time allows you..)

blue velvet said:

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgo View Post
    And I smiled as I read about “cut your veins” songs, with your references to Greeks and suffering. Please know that it is not suffering we love; it is feeling! Being able to feel passionately -- both deep sadness, great joy, and everything in between -- reminds us that we are alive.

In my own experience, the many Greek songs I listened to after my wife left were my saviors. They taught me that I didn’t have to feel alone, that others have felt as I felt then. They gave me the strength to see beyond my own grief.
    Yorgo,

I want to tell you, that I am wowed from your posting - your descriptions are so...sensitive and well-chosen - and I like most the sentences I quoted, I guess you are right!

I am able to speak German that any German may understand it, but to suggest I am able to speak High German would be a lie, you always may hear some things of Swabian

but does no matter here in Greece, most time I need English, and some times Greek

gia sou
    susi
    αν ο Θεός δεν είναι Έλληνας, τότε γιατί είναι μπλέ και άσπρος ο ουρανός;

5. Yorgo said:

Now I'm speechess, Δυα μου.

I could never "shut down the page." I've been vicariously experiencing joy for over a week now.

Regarding inspiration and intelligence? They have their place and time, just as everything does, but more often than not, one needs to play.

Childish? Puhleeeze. When I look in the mirror, I say, "Yorgo, you feel FAR too young to be in this body." There is no one more childish than I.

And the forum? I can honestly say that I have NEVER in ALL MY YEARS found a group of people more honest, more sincere, and more caring -- not only of each other but of strangers -- than you all.

You ask if I'll "be around." Δυα μου, I can think of no company that I would rather keep. In fact, I am flattered that you would even ask.

I still feel a bit "naked" putting my words up for anyone in the world to read, and I don't really know how to navigate within the forum itself. For example, I wanted to put a "signature" under my name but I couldn't figure out how to enter the passage.

If there is anything that ANY of you EVER needs, all that is required is an e-mail to me, and you can consider it done. There is no group of people I have ever encountered with more genuine feelings, more honesty, or more generosity, than the group of you. And I'm here to tell you -- it is all very GREEK!

If I thought that my physical presence was ever needed, I would be on a plane tomorrow to come to your aid.

I do travel quite often, usually to my home on Mytilene (a Greek island in the Aegean). Nothing would give me greater joy than to meet some of you there or along the way. I've never been to Cyprus and I've always wanted to go. Perhaps, Azim, you wouldn't mind showing an old Greek around some day?

The beauty of your hearts and souls is overwhelming. As I said in my initial post, I feel privileged to know you.

Δυα μου, I thank you so much for the joy I feel inside right now. In fact, I am almost tearful as I write this. It has been a long time since I felt so good.

Στην υγεια σου, κοπελαρρα μου.

Γεωγιος

6. Yorgo said:

Wink

I am able to speak German that any German may understand it, but to suggest I am able to speak High German would be a lie, you always may hear some things of Swabian

Γιασσου Σουζακι μου,

That's OK. I don't speak High German either. In fact, I really don't know what I speak. It has been many years since I have been in Germany, but I think my flight this year will touch down in Frankfurt for a plane change.

Speaking of German, how'd I do in my initial post?

Enjoy Paros, meine Freundin. I was close by last year, and I'll be close by again this year when I go to Milos and Sifnos. Every year, I always try to go someplace I've never been before, THEN go back home to Mytilene.

Plus, I always spend a week in Athens. That city is my passion!

Thank you for answering. I wasn't really sure if anyone would care about what I had to say. You have made me feel most welcome, and I thank you.

Bis spaeter,

Yorgo

7. dya said:

You know, that's what's happening with greeks and romaninas: both of us are so speechless that we wrote an entire page out of silence!! LOL! My people expresses silence through words. I have a feeling we are not the only ones!

And I am ever so glad that you chose to open you soul in here(without fearing too much the fact that the entire world could read this). That gave me the possiblity to take a look inside...I like what I saw...you are in the right place. We all are....

Besides you already know a lot about all of us. Now it's the moment for me to politely blush thinking of how many "unorthodox" things I wrote in here!! LOL!

If I thought that my physical presence was ever needed, I would be on a plane tomorrow to come to your aid.
    I am again speechless for the above...therefore I'll write another half a page to express my silence! lol!
    It feels very rewarding to find out that by simply...being we managed to arouse such a feeling. I thank you for making us feel special. Only a special person could have thought like this. So, we are the lucky ones to have you in here.

As for meetings...I have often flirted with this crazy idea of a real life meeting of all of us.... still it's quite complicated to gather people from so many places in one place at the same time. But, who knows...maybe we'll be lucky enough to have, once in a life time, the opportunity to share the same table and to look eachother in the eyes. This is the only thing that is missing from this "on-line" communication: I can't look people in the eyes while talking to them...Maybe one day, I'll be able to do this...

Again, I am glad you offered us the possibility to know you. Now, don't run away! I know we can be rather crazy from time to time( as you may have noticed, people in here carress me with the sweet apelative of "τρελη γυναικα", but I can assure you I can behave! I have witnesses to confirm it!

blue velvet said:

That city is my passion!

Thank you for answering. I wasn't really sure if anyone would care about what I had to say. You have made me feel most welcome, and I thank you.

Bis spaeter,

Yorgo
    oh I understand you very well - mine too, for me it is always the never-sleeping city - and I never slept less, than last year while staying in Athens and Piraeus.

Now I enjoy the completely different atmosphere on Paros.

cu later yorgo, I have to prepare some German meal now

susi

9. dya said:

Yorgo mou, I can see you are writing at the moment, but I have to go to work! I don't know if I'll manage to see your reply before I go so I'll say what I have to say now:

You obviously want to be part in our "parea" so, I'll treat you accordingly: I'll tell you good-bye for now, and hope to see you in here later. Have a good time till then.

See? That's what I meant: I can't leave from here without saying Good-bye. Now, I'm saying my good-bye to you and to all the others who will read this thread sooner or later.

have a nice day(or night) paidia!

10. Yorgo said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    As for meetings...I have often flirted with this crazy idea of a real life meeting of all of us.... Now, don't run away!
    Δυα μου, we will all meet one day. Somehow I just KNOW that will happen.

As for running away: just try to PUSH me away. You will have quite a hard time trying to do it.

Now it's the moment for me to politely blush thinking of how many "unorthodox" things I wrote in here!! LOL!
    It is EXACTLY those things which touched my heart.

I am so SO lucky to have found you all. And "τρελη γυναικα," thank you for your welcome. I didn't know whether or not anyone would even care.

Right now, I feel very VERY special.

But, unfortunately, it is almost 2:00 am here, and tomorrow is a big day. Καληνυχτα, αγαπη μου. Αυριο θα τα πουμε παλε.

Yorgos

11. dya said:

It is EXACTLY those things which touched my heart.

Yorgos
    A greek will always be a greek!!! I'm trying to do my best around here and your heart is touched by the "unorthodox" things I say!!!! LOL!
    (I hope you won't mind my joking. If I offend you in any way, please forgive me...)

Καληνύχτα λοιπον...και γλυκα ονειρα...

12. Yorgo said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by blue velvet View Post
    for me it is always the never-sleeping city - and I never slept less, than last year while staying in Athens and Piraeus.
    I have to prepare some German meal now
    Athens at 3:00 am is like San Francisco at 5:00 am. Unglaublich!

Speaking of "ams," it's almost 2:00 am here, and tomorrow is a big day. We'll talk again. Enjoy your meal.

Yassou, Σουζακι μου.

13. Yorgo said:

I'm trying to do my best around here and your heart is touched by the "unorthodox" things I say!!!! LOL!
    (I hope you won't mind my joking. If I offend you in any way, please forgive me...)
    It is the unorthodox things which consitute "madness," Δυα μου. Don't you remember Kazantzakis?

"Without madness, a man can never truly be free."

And there is NOTHING you could EVER say or do that would offend me. We should always be sensitive to the feelings of others, but if we are TOO sensitive, then we can not be free to be ourselves.

Κανηνυxητα!

blue velvet said:

It is the unorthodox things which consitute "madness," Δυα μου. Don't you remember Kazantzakis?

Κανηνυxητα!
    and exactly this special madness of Greeks, in a good way, this is the 'touch' what made Greece for me attractive since I stayed here for the first time.

and I got very sick last year when I was forced to return to Germany.

but this is no good theme to discuss - I only realized for myself, that I have another mentality like most Germans, and this caused for me difficulties to live again in Germany - my soul is Greek I guess.

ela, my water is boiling now, and I have to prepare my Swabian noodles - there is no english possibility to translate it correct

kalinixta Yorgo
    susi

omorfi said:

Giorgo, I'm so grateful for your kind words and that you found us here in our little dream world. It's strange how this forum, Greek lyrics translation can have such an effect on people(like myself). And I wonder if the same spirit are in those other forums in here as well? I came over this forum accidentaly, I can't even recall what I was searching for... But I found it all in here. I have never met so real people, and nothing makes me more joyful than to experience others feeling the same way.

You have such a wonderful way of expressing, and as I read your "story" I couldn't help but be there myself...

At a moment I thought I had nothing to give the world, that I didn't matter anymore I figured out that it wasn't the case.. AND for that, I thank this forum... My temple of LOVE, JOY, SADNESS and of course MADNESS. We share the same passion and longings.. and I don't think I have nothing more to say...

except... THANK YOU!
    "Ποιος ταξιδεύει στα μάτια σου;
    Και ποιός ξαγρυπνά στο κορμί σου;
    Μάτια μπλε στα μεγάλα ταξίδια σου
    Θα'μαι εδώ θα'μαι πάντα μαζί σου"

blue velvet said:

omorfi mou, there is nothing to add - I found this board too by accident, and feel most welcome here.

I enjoy to stay in contact with people who shares the love for Greek music and anything else relational to Greece

susi

17. dya said:

Καλημέρα, Yorgo! Have you drunk your morning coffee? Lol! If feels stange to talk to someone who might have just woken up and slept during the hours I worked!

You said, it's a big day today, and assuming that big could mean "busy" I wanted to wish you "good luck" in all you'll do.

Sometimes I feel so free that I suspect I took an overdose of madness!!!LOL!

And there is NOTHING you could EVER say or do that would offend me. We should always be sensitive to the feelings of others, but if we are TOO sensitive, then we can not be free to be ourselves.
    I am sensitive to the feelings of others(at least that's what I want to believe, and that's what I try to do). It's just that, sometimes, I may push the line, without having any intention. I admit I am the type of person who loves " να κανεις πλακα". Romanians are pleople who resort to "fun making" in any circumstances. So, in an "international" context like this place here, I feel the need to "warn" people about this side of mine.

18. Yorgo said:

Καλημέρα, Yorgo! Have you drunk your morning coffee? Lol! If feels stange to talk to someone who might have just woken up and slept during the hours I worked!
    Καλημερα, Δuα μοu. Yes, I just woke up, but I think I'm going back to bed. Not enough sleep. The hours are almost exactly reversed. Greece is 10 hours difference.

You said, it's a big day today, and assuming that big could mean "busy" I wanted to wish you "good luck" in all you'll do.
    It is a "big day" only because I'll be working a night shift instead of a day shift or an afternoon/evening shift. Staying up all night to do what I do is not easy. I have to prepare mentally for 11 hours in the pit.

For example, I'm telling myself that now, it will be fun because I'll be able to say to myself, "I'm working the same hours as Δυα!"

Romanians are pleople who resort to "fun making" in any circumstances. So, in an "international" context like this place here, I feel the need to "warn" people about this side of mine.
    I haven't had much "fun-making" in my life recently, so I will take your words more as a challenge rather than an explanation!!!LOL

I was going to go lie down again, but now you have my mind active, and I am certain that I won't be able to sleep.

Regarding private messages, can a member just send one, or does he have to ask permission? If so, Δυα, may I send you a private message? After coffee, of course, so I'll be awake enough for it to make sense.

Καλη σου ημερα.

Υοργο

19. dya said:

It is a "big day" only because I'll be working a night shift instead of a day shift or an afternoon/evening shift. Staying up all night to do what I do is not easy. I have to prepare mentally for 11 hours in the pit.

For example, I'm telling myself that now, it will be fun because I'll be able to say to myself, "I'm working the same hours as Δυα!"

So, tomorrow morning(my tomorrow, my morning lol!) we'll both go to work! The fact that I'll have to work tomorrow(saturday is free here) I only found out a few hours ago, and I am...thrilled!!! Not to say more...

I haven't had much "fun-making" in my life recently, so I will take your words more as a challenge rather than an explanation!!!LOL
    Considered yourself challanged! Cause warned you have already been! lol!

I was going to go lie down again, but now you have my mind active, and I am certain that I won't be able to sleep.
    Παρακαλώ...go to bed. I really don't want you to go to YOUR job tired!!! Not because of me! So, if you still need more sleep, go to bed. I'll be here later on, I'll behere tomorrow...I'll be here. Go to bed!

Regarding private messages, can a member just send one, or does he have to ask permission? If so, Δυα, may I send you a private message? After coffee, of course, so I'll be awake enough for it to make sense.

Καλη σου ημερα.

Υοργο
    No need to ask for permission. I'm waiting!

20. Yorgo said:

Δυα μου, I'm not sure I did it correctly. Did you get a private message?

Yorgo