They Call Me George ...

Thread: They Call Me George ...

Tags: None
  1. dya said:

Ναι ναι...σου χαμογελώ : να το !!!( Αυτο είνα για τ'αγαλια σου....)

2. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by azimut View Post
    ... ...

... Κοπιάστε, εδώ κοντά μου, σε νηστήσιμο τραπέζι ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... Πάω τώρα για λίγο νηστήσιμο φαγητό και επιστρέφω ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... Αληθινά, σας πεθυμώ και θα προτιμούσα να ήσασταν εδώ, ΜΑΖΙ μου ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Αzim

... ...

Σιγααααααααααα!!!! I understood you're leaving for a while, and I promise you that till you come back I'll figure out the rest of it!!! LOL!LOL!

3. azimut said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    Ναι ναι...σου χαμογελώ : να το !!!( Αυτο είνα για τ'αγαλια σου....)

... ...

... îţi mulţumesc, ... caldă mea leoaica ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... και "αυτό" {} pentru tine (και για την δική σου afectuoasă αγκαλιά) ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

4. azimut said:

... ...

... ... ... Καλή Σαρακοστή !!! ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

omorfi said:

My brain is not functioning well today...

I'm so slooow....

Must be because of the lack of chocolate... haha... I have to start being healthy again... I just say one thing... 2 kilos... 1 week!!!
    "Ποιος ταξιδεύει στα μάτια σου;
    Και ποιός ξαγρυπνά στο κορμί σου;
    Μάτια μπλε στα μεγάλα ταξίδια σου
    Θα'μαι εδώ θα'μαι πάντα μαζί σου"

6. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by omorfi View Post
    [B][U]
    Must be because of the lack of chocolate... haha... I have to start being healthy again... I just say one thing... 2 kilos... 1 week!!!
    You lost 2 kilos in a week? Are you ok?

omorfi said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    You lost 2 kilos in a week? Are you ok?
    Actually the opposite... not that it's better!! hahaha....

8. azimut said:

... ...

... Μη κακό σου, καφούρα μου ... !!! ... ... ...

... Well, today IS ... "Καθαρά Δευτέρα" ... afterall ... !!! LOL LOL LOL !!! ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

9. azimut said:

... ...

... ok ... !!! ... I "need" to "say" that, I have NOT been getting much "sleep" ... (AREN'T YOU "surprised" ?!? ... !!! LOL !!!) ...

... and, ...

... I also had about two glasses of red wine ... part of "νηστήσιμο τραπέζι και φαγητό" ... (I "assure" you, it is NOT in my ... "drinking habbits" ... !!!) ...

... SOOOOOOOO, ... ... ...

(... OOPS !!! ... too many "OOOO" there ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...)

... I will "say" that, ...

... "Σαρακοστή" ... is, the "period" of 40 days, from Sikoses (last carnaval Sunday), untill ... EASTER ... in English "known" as "Lent" ... !!! ...

... "νηστήσιμ-ος. -η, -ο" ... is, the FOODS allowed during fasting (Lenten)

... the very small "nistisimo spread" of mine, that I had "tonight" ... has been ...

... "Taramas" (Cypriot for "taramosalata"), ...

... some "Octopus" (obviously "charcoaled", in very small pieces and sort of lemon/olive-oil/vinegary marinated), ...

... some potatoes (boiled, in small pieces served with chopped spring-onions and olive-oil, OFCOURSE), ...

... and last BUT NOT LEAST, ... some "KOULLOURI" bread ... not "sure" how it is "made" so as to "describe" it, nevertheless, its "trademark" are ALL the sesame-seeds that COVER it ...

... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

BELIEVE me, there are LOADS of "nistisima" that people "have" on "Kathara Deftera" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

(... unfortunately, I am too "tired" and "not so knowledgable" to "describe" the MANY VARIETIES OF "NISTISIMA FAYITA" ...)

... a "Monday", you are "supposed" to "spend" ... "OUTDOORS" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... with "Friends and Family" ... (we used to "have" ours, at that "place" I have been "saying") ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... cooking on "charcoal fire" the "fish" ... (basically "μαλάκια", (=mollusc "fish") like, "Octopus", "Squid", "Cuttlefish", "Prawns" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... drinking ... singing ... dancing ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... AND, ... the VERY traditional "THING" of the "day", ...

... to "fly KITES" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

As a kid, that was DEFINATELY my MOST FAVOURITE part ... !!! ...
    ... used to "spend" quite a FEW days before, to ... "MAKE" ... one ...

(YES !!! WE USED TO "BUILD AND PAINT OUR OWN" BACK THEN !!! LOL LOL LOL !!!),

... that, would "WORK JUST PERFECT" ... and that would "BE BEAUTIFUL TO WATCH FLYING" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

ANYWAY, ... (drifting again !!!) ...

... ALL "Kathara Deftera" is about TRULY is, ...

... a "venturing out" from the "Winter" that had just "been" ...

... a "celebration" and "admiration" to NATURE and its "up-coming" ... "RISING" ... ("SPRING") ... the EASTER itself ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... people, STILL "venture OUT" for the "day" ... and, I "know", ...

... WE are to "experience" ALL this TOGETHER some "day", too ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Σας φιλώ, αγαπημένες μου κορούδες ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Azim

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

10. dya said:

First: thank you for all this detailed explanation...AZIMMM, don't fall asleep...noo...not with your head on the table....do I have to drag you again....??? Offffffffffff!!!!

Second: I am hungry...really hungry..LOL! you have a way of describing food that send me directly to the fridge!!!

Third: what spring are you talking about? What "up-coming" and rising and spring are you talking about?! Are you months ahead of us? Cause here it's february!! Ohh, I so envy that climate of yours...I told you, as far as I'm concerned, I was born in the wrong country!!!

Fourth: considering you said you want all of us to experience all these together one day, and considering, this day is onle once a yera...should I understand that there's no way to fulfill our "plan" by next year..?

Fifth: now that we came to terms related to orthodoxism, I remembered I wanted to ask you a long time ago how do you say to a few things. Sooo....here I am, now(I hope you're not sleeping!!!) Questions!! Missed me?

1. Σαρακοστή is the period in which you are not allowed to eat anything but vegetables(which in my opinion could be translated as "you're not allowed to eat anything, full-stop!! LOL! Sinner!)

BUt how do you call the food you are not allowed to eat during this period? OK: this is not to be read by any person who does not share the orthodox religion, cause you won't understand anything!!) So: the food you're not allowed to eat during fasting is called here: "of sweet" (literal translation, makes no sense in english!)

2. Then, what's the verb from Σαρακοστή? The one expression the action of not eating anything meat-related during this period?

3. How do you call the ...concept of being allowed to eat certain meat(fish) or to eat cheese in certain days of the fasting? I know there are a few Wednesdays and Sundays when you are allowed to eat these. How do you call that?

4. What is the greek word for that....cake(?)...ok it's not a cake, but beats me how to find a good word for it in english... The one that is prepared out of wheat, sugar, nuts and it is prepared at funerals, taken to church at every religious holiday that has got something to do with the deads ...Ohhhh...come on you know what I'm talking about!!!

5. And what is the word for the "events" that take place on certain religious holidays and at certaind time intervals after someone's death. Here it happens after 40 days, at six months, and then every year.

THIS is NOT a conversation to be held in this foum, but you know me...when an idea hits me, I have to verbalize it!!!

blue velvet said:

... ...

... AND, ... the VERY traditional "THING" of the "day", ...

... to "fly KITES" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

As a kid, that was DEFINATELY my MOST FAVOURITE part ... !!! ...
    ... used to "spend" quite a FEW days before, to ... "MAKE" ... one ...

(YES !!! WE USED TO "BUILD AND PAINT OUR OWN" BACK THEN !!! LOL LOL LOL !!!),

... that, would "WORK JUST PERFECT" ... and that would "BE BEAUTIFUL TO WATCH FLYING" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Azim

oh yes, and the children tried to fly their kites this afternoon, and still in the evening BUT!!! NO wind over here on Paros, it's really unusual for the island...we were waiting, waiting, waiting, but there was no breeze stirring.

so we decided 'only' to eat, sing and dance

susi
    αν ο Θεός δεν είναι Έλληνας, τότε γιατί είναι μπλέ και άσπρος ο ουρανός;

omorfi said:

Wish I could celebrate something too...

Βαριέμαι πολύ..... I'm very bored...

Wish I could fly around in the sky like those kites...
    As a child we often used regular plastic bags, it was fun... We call it "drager", dragoons.

Guess Monday depression has hit me.. Sometimes I want everything, sometimes I don't want nothing... Just to have a little peace in my mind... LOL...Actually that's only a dream, because I'm not able to stop thinking.. Thinking and worrying.

Must mean I'm "alive"..

13. azimut said:

... ...

... AAAAAHHH !!! ... RE ADORABLE DYA MOU, RE !!! ... !!! ... !!!

First: thank you for all this detailed explanation...AZIMMM, don't fall asleep...noo...not with your head on the table....do I have to drag you again....??? Offffffffffff!!!!

First : ... I "WISH" I "had" you "CLOSE", to "keep me awake", leoaica mea caldă ... !!! ...

... cause, unfortunately, there is a "sleep-wave" that if I don't "take" it RIGHT WHEN IT HAPPENS, I "miss" the WHOLE next 6-8 hours ... !!! ...

(... well, to be honest, it is "leaving" me as we "speak" ... ... ...)

Second: I am hungry...really hungry..LOL! you have a way of describing food that send me directly to the fridge!!!

Second : ... it is a VERY WELL "KNOWN" FACT, that people "coming over here", ... ALWAYS (WITHOUT A FAILURE), ... "put-on weight" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... what can I "say", ... it is an ... "energy consuming" ... "place" that "makes" "beings" in need of "re-fueling" ... (but [and]. come to "think" of it, so "does" ... "love-making" ... !!! LOL !!!) ...

Third: what spring are you talking about? What "up-coming" and rising and spring are you talking about?! Are you months ahead of us? Cause here it's february!! Ohh, I so envy that climate of yours...I told you, as far as I'm concerned, I was born in the wrong country!!!

Third : ... "Spring" is "NO" different "here", adorable dya mou ... !!! ... in fact "MARCH" is "considered" the COLDEST of the year's ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

However, February is "special" in that "Kathara Deftera sense" because, ...

... in February, it is the ... "blooming" ... "season", of ALL the "things IN and of NATURE" that, ... "defy" ... Winter ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... like for example, ... η "Αμυγδαλιά", the "Almond Tree" ... for which there are a few "songs" that "praise" ... "HER" (female tree) ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

(... actually, maybe that is what I should have done for the "day", "today" ... !!! ...)

AND, ... JUST by the way, ...

... you are NOT "born" in the "wrong" COUNTRY because otherwise, ...

... you wouldn't "be" ... dya HURRICANOU mou ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Fourth: considering you said you want all of us to experience all these together one day, and considering, this day is onle once a yera...should I understand that there's no way to fulfill our "plan" by next year..?

Fourth : ... αυτό που "αποσκοπώ" είναι, ... for ALL of YOU ... αγαπημένες μου κορούδες, ... to "come and join me here" ... atleast for a few months, if not for a few years ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Fifth: now that we came to terms related to orthodoxism, I remembered I wanted to ask you a long time ago how do you say to a few things. Sooo....here I am, now(I hope you're not sleeping!!!) Questions!! Missed me?

ACTUALLY, ... YES !!! ... I have "MISSED" all that quite a lot ... !!! ... adorable dya mou ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

1. Σαρακοστή is the period in which you are not allowed to eat anything but vegetables(which in my opinion could be translated as "you're not allowed to eat anything, full-stop!! LOL! Sinner!)

Η περίοδος της νηστείας της Σαρακοστής, as far as I am "aware", it is only about "abstaining from meat and dairy product" ... !!! ... (for which I, too, am a "fully qualified sinner" !!! o_o !!!)

BUt how do you call the food you are not allowed to eat during this period? OK: this is not to be read by any person who does not share the orthodox religion, cause you won't understand anything!!) So: the food you're not allowed to eat during fasting is called here: "of sweet" (literal translation, makes no sense in english!)

... in "Greek", foods that are of "no meat or dairy product" are "called" ... "νηστήσιμα" ... (literally, "of fasting"), because it is during a "fasting" that you would NOT be "eating" these "products" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... and which (TRUTH BE TOLD !!!) it is for "human beings' HEALTH", that "fasting" was "put there", in the first "place" ... !!! ...

(... I am "referring" to "Greek Orthodox", ...

... cause in terms of "food", ... "Greek-culture" would NEVER "tolerate" a ... "religion" ... that is "punishable" and/or "forbitting", with the "abundance" that the "Mediterranean Nature" is "offering" ...)

... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

2. Then, what's the verb from Σαρακοστή? The one expression the action of not eating anything meat-related during this period?

3. How do you call the ...concept of being allowed to eat certain meat(fish) or to eat cheese in certain days of the fasting? I know there are a few Wednesdays and Sundays when you are allowed to eat these. How do you call that?

4. What is the greek word for that....cake(?)...ok it's not a cake, but beats me how to find a good word for it in english... The one that is prepared out of wheat, sugar, nuts and it is prepared at funerals, taken to church at every religious holiday that has got something to do with the deads ...Ohhhh...come on you know what I'm talking about!!!

5. And what is the word for the "events" that take place on certain religious holidays and at certaind time intervals after someone's death. Here it happens after 40 days, at six months, and then every year.

The "rest" will "need" to "rest" for a while because, ... a) I am quite "tired" to go through them right now ... b) I will "need" to "research" for any thorough "answers" ... (and you "know" me and "thoroughness" ... or, maybe you don't !!! LOL !!!) ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

THIS is NOT a conversation to be held in this foum, but you know me...when an idea hits me, I have to verbalize it!!!

THIS is VERY much a "conversing" for this "Forum" ... because we are "part" of this "Forum", and our "VIOMATA" are "part" of "US", and "SONGS" are ALL ABOUT "viomata" ANYWAY ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Se filo, adorable dya mou ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Azim

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

blue velvet said:

Thinking and worrying.

Must mean I'm "alive"..
    for sure you are!!!

„Je pense donc je suis“.

susi
    αν ο Θεός δεν είναι Έλληνας, τότε γιατί είναι μπλέ και άσπρος ο ουρανός;

15. azimut said:

Wish I could celebrate something too...

Βαριέμαι πολύ..... I'm very bored...

Wish I could fly around in the sky like those kites...
    As a child we often used regular plastic bags, it was fun... We call it "drager", dragoons.

Guess Monday depression has hit me.. Sometimes I want everything, sometimes I don't want nothing... Just to have a little peace in my mind... LOL...Actually that's only a dream, because I'm not able to stop thinking.. Thinking and worrying.

Must mean I'm "alive"..

... ...

... your "wonder-full" ... "way" of "expression" you "own" ... flinke nordlige stjerne ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... ... ... WOW !!! ... ... ... ΅Ο΅ ... ... ...

Mη κακό σου, καφούρα μου ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... ... ... τα πάντα ρει ... ... ...

(... and, "θάλασσα πλατιά" mou, ... there is a "post" in "UNINVITED" that is ALL about "you" ... !!! ... please, do "visit" that "often" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...)

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

16. azimut said:

... ok !!! ... I really do "think" it is "time for an exit" ... ... ...

To be is to do - Plato

omorfi said:

Quote Originally Posted by blue velvet View Post
    for sure you are!!!

„Je pense donc je suis“.

susi
    Right....

omorfi said:

... your "wonder-full" ... "way" of "expression" you "own" ... flinke nordlige stjerne ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... ... ... WOW !!! ... ... ... ΅Ο΅ ... ... ...

Mη κακό σου, καφούρα μου ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... ... ... τα πάντα ρει ... ... ...

(... and, "θάλασσα πλατιά" mou, ... there is a "post" in "UNINVITED" that is ALL about "you" ... !!! ... please, do "visit" that "often" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...)

... ...

"τα πάντα ρει", starts to laugh at me I think... Maybe it's not the case when it comes to me....

Well you know by now that I'm Alexandra the Great when it comes to "being" negative... haha...

And Azim mou, do catch some sleep.. at least before the sleep catch you

19. dya said:

Azim mou....you left without saying Καληνύχτα?

I am glad you did go to bed....I want you to get some sleep.....you deserve it....

Thank you for everything you've explained to me. For the rest, don't worry: I'm not going anywhere! And the questions I asked can as well be answered any other day. As long as you're here and you want to do that for me, I'm gonna wait in silence(which we both know it's not possible!!! LOL!)

Καληνύχτα Αζιμ μου!

Και καληνυχτα Ομορφη

και καληνυχτα Sirenceto
    Last edited by dya; 02-19-2007 at 04:06 PM.

20. azimut said:

... Kalinikta ...

To be is to do - Plato