New song by a female artist

Thread: New song by a female artist

Tags: None
  1. pwb72 said:

Question New song by a female artist

This song has been getting a lot of airplay recently. It's sung by either a female artist or a female-fronted band. The chorus goes:

"These are [I can't make this part out]
    Memories of the place that I come from
    Don't want to throw them away
    Not tomorrow or today"

The bridge goes like this:

"Your name is still on my closet wall,
    Your pictures are still in a box in the hall,
    The movies we made, songs that we played
    Will always be there"

Some other lines:

"I have my skateboard in the porch,
    Maybe you'll teach me someday"

"Cards sittin' on my shelf that you gave me for my birthday"

This song is played on heavily strummed acoustic guitars and has a driving rhythm and a strong 90's indie-rock vibe to it. I've tried Googling the lyrics and running the words through every lyric search engine I can find, but I cannot find either title of the song or the name of the artist. This is driving me crazy! If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

logan01 said:

Have no idea. If you don't get a quick response, I would go to one of the radio station web sites and look at their playlist or contact the station. If you get an answer outside of this forum, It would be nice of you to post the title/artist here so others who may have an interest will know.

3. pwb72 said:

Okay, I contacted my local radio station and got an answer. It's a song recorded by a local high-school student, which explains why I haven't been able to find the lyrics online.

If you live in the Calais, ME/ St. Stephen, New Brunswick area, you may have heard it on WCRQ. The artist is Kendra Gale, the song is called "Memories," and if you want to know more, you need to contact her mother/manager, Dawn, at jgale@nnat.nb.ca.

Mystery solved.

logan01 said:

I'm glad you solved your question. I hope you get a recording of the song and the young artist has great success! Good luck.