ΡΕΜΠΕΤΙΚΑ;

Thread: ΡΕΜΠΕΤΙΚΑ;

Tags: None
  1. azimut said:

Quote Originally Posted by phyllis View Post
    Azimcim,
    As far as I can figure out from your message, you seem to have liked to see this song here! And that's the only main idea I can get from your post..The rest...still vague!! Why are you doing this to me? Do I make an upper-intermediate impression on you? You know what really happens to me whenever you write such complicated sentences in Greek?? I go like "Oh my God, oh my God! What is he saying? What does he mean? Where's my dictionary?" I'm too old for this kind of excitement!! And I'm quite slow as you know. Let's just take it easy for me!!! So ,
    1. μερακλώσω ? ( something like "be curious" I guess, but doesn't help within the whole of the sentence!!)
    2. τραγουδώντας ? (something about singing but doesn't help either!)
    3. βρεθεί ? ( Are you sure this is the correct spelling???)

Ευχαριστώ....

... ...

FIRST OF ALL, ... YES !!! ... You "DID" and "DO", ... "give that impression" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... and it is an absolute "delight" for me to "see" you ... "getting excited" ... (!!! LOL !!!) ... as I am ever so "thrilled" to be "sharing" my "knowledge of the Greek language" like so ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

(... besides, I may be as "old" as "you", you know ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... I am ALSO "known" as ... "being slow" ... around "here" ... !!! LOL !!! ... ... ...)

Secondly, to "answer" your ... "numbered inquiries" ... ... ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

2. azimut said:

Azimcim,
    Let's just take it easy for me!!! So ,
    1. μερακλώσω ? ( something like "be curious" I guess, but doesn't help within the whole of the sentence!!)

Ευχαριστώ....

... ...

1. ... "μερακλώνω" ... literally, to "grow merry", to "become enthousiastic" ...

HOWEVER, ... the "verb" is "describing" a "mood" of ... "melancholic merriness" ... the "kind" that a "few drinks and music" may "get you BE" ... ... ...

... the "KIND" that is VITAL, if you are to "get up and dance a Zeimpekiko" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... "THAT" ... "kind of feeling" ... ... ...

Do you "see" ... ?!? ... ... ... *υ* ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

3. azimut said:

Azimcim,
    Let's just take it easy for me!!! So ,

Ευχαριστώ....

... ...

2. ... "τραγουδώντας" ... adverb of "τραγουδώ" ... to "sing" ...

... therefore, ... "(while) singing" ... ... ...

Does IT "make sense", now ... ?!? ... ... ... *υ*

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

4. azimut said:

... ...

... are you "ok" with the "above", phyllis mou ... ?!? ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

5. phyllis said:

Ναι ναι! Τώρα το καταλαβαίνω! You're talking about that κέφι mood (what we call "keyif" in Turkish) I definitely and absolutely and perfectly understand that feeling..which I'm soooo much fond of...will be my favourite word from now on..Δεν μπορώ να το ξέχασω!!

6. phyllis said:

Yes yes I'm perfectly OK with them all..so the suffix "-ώντας" gives that particular meaning of "while" I guess..

7. azimut said:

Ναι ναι! Τώρα το καταλαβαίνω! You're talking about that κέφι mood (what we call "keyif" in Turkish) I definitely and absolutely and perfectly understand that feeling..which I'm soooo much fond of...will be my favourite word from now on..Δεν μπορώ να το ξέχασω!!

... "κέφι" ... is ALL ABOUT THE "FEELING" OF ... "FUN" ... ... ...

... "μεράκλωμα" ... has ALSO a ... "sense" ... of ... "melancholy" ... in it, somehow ... !!! ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

8. azimut said:

Yes yes I'm perfectly OK with them all..so the suffix "-ώντας" gives that particular meaning of "while" I guess..

... ...

... YES !!! ... indeed, that is "exactly so" ...

... e.g. ... "μιλούσαμε, πίνωντας και τραγουδώντας ..." ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

9. phyllis said:

Oh really..the word κέφι , I mean its meaning in Turkish has such a connotation as melancholy and fun together..so that's why I'm mistaken I suppose..And now... πρέπει να παω στο κρεβάτι μου τρέχοντας!! Was it correct?? You can never learn a word really well unless you use it in a context!! ( quoted from me myself speaking in the classroom!!!) Εύχομαι καλή νύχτα Azimcim..Thanks for the late night tutoring!!

panselinos said:

Oh really..the word κέφι , I mean its meaning in Turkish has such a connotation as melancholy and fun together..so that's why I'm mistaken I suppose.
    No, you're not really mistaken, Phyllis. The word "κέφι" is not a Greek word, it's a Turkish loanword in Greek; comes exactly from the Turkish word "keyif", which itself originates from the Arabic "kayf" - "pleasure".

Same goes to "μερακλώνω" => μεράκι => turk. merak But in it's meaning "crotchet, fad, fancy".
    Bulgarians and Greeks have slightly transformed it to "an intense wish ", "arzu".

Yup, both of the words - "kef" and "merak" exist in both Bulgarian and Greek. Although in Greek we have "kef-i" and "merak-i", whereas in Bulgarian we have simply "kef" and "merak".

11. dya said:

And in case someone is interested, the same word exists in Romanian too: chef. It is to be read [kef]. Here too it's a Turkish loanword .
    The same like "bairam" which is used for "big family plus friends plus neighbours parties", something very noisy with a lot of food, drink, fun, musci ETC.

12. azimut said:

... ...

... ΅Ο΅ ... ... ... WOW !!! ... ... ... ΅Ο΅ ...

"THIS" ... is what a ... "TREASURE" ... IS, για μένα ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Azim is ABSOLUTELY "delighted" and "rejoiced" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato