Mission Impossible 2

Thread: Mission Impossible 2

Tags: None
  1. phyllis said:

Exclamation Mission Impossible 2

OK then..No more rembetika..That’s clear enough!!!.. After all, rembetika is not the only type of Greek music that I take a delight in..Now I feel the need to utter the name of a woman without whom this forum on Greek music would really be incomplete…. Melina Kana… When I first heard her voice and her music, I thought something had been missing in my life until then. A very unique voice and a kind of music that sounds like no other greek music. There’s something ethnic in her music. And I suppose those ethnic elements are what most attracts me…Could be an acquired taste for some people though.. I’m not sure how to categorize her music. Could it be what they call “entexno”? I don’t know..Any way, I’ve been working on a few of her songs’ translations. One of them is Arnisi (AΡΝΗΣΗ). I just love it! And the other one is Anavo mia fotia (ΑΝΑΒΩ ΜΙΑ ΦΩΤΙΑ).
    Now…here comes the problem. I’ve looked up every single word in my cute little λεξικό , which doesn’t help much-I should buy a more advanced one-and I’ve gone over all my grammar books to work out the sentence structures and verb forms. But when I put them all together ,even if I know the meanings of many words, it makes no sense at all!! Now…one reason might be that I’m too elementary and these songs are totally out of my league , or there’s something too poetic or figurative or metaphorical in them that I just can’t figure out the meaning. One thing I’m sure of is that one of them tells about DENIAL!! Who is denying what? God knows?..And the other one is.. well someone is lighting a fire , for sure..So, anyone willing to help me? Μήπως μπορείτε να με βοηθήσετε σας παρακαλώ; I’d be really grateful..

AΡΝΗΣΗ

Πότε σήκωσες το βλέμα
    δίχως να ‘χει στεναγμό
    πότε άλλοθι το ψέμα
    μου έδωσες να κρατηθώ.

Πώς μπορεί να ‘σαι δική μου,
    ζωή μου, τόσο άδικη (my life, so unfair)
    ένα όνειρο δε δίνεις ( a dream ..........)
    είν’ η σιωπή σου απάντηση
    κι έχεις για όποιον σ’ αγαπά
    την άρνηση.

Πότε ξέχασες ν’ αφήσεις
    πίσω σου κάθε καημό
    πότε τράβηξες να σβήσεις
    με μια γραμμή το παρελθόν.

Πώς μπορεί να ‘σαι δική μου,
    ζωή μου, τόσο άδικη
    ένα όνειρο δε δίνεις
    είν’ η σιωπή σου απάντηση
    κι έχεις για όποιον σ’ αγαπά
    την άρνηση.

ΑΝΑΒΩ ΜΙΑ ΦΩΤΙΑ

Ανάβω μια φωτιά στο νου (I light a fire in ……..)
    ρωτώ και τυραννιέμαι (I ask and…………..)
    για το παλιό μας όνειρο ( for our old dream)
    λέω κι αναρωτιέμαι. (I tell.............)

Που πήγαν τα λιμάνια
    οι αγκαλιές τα ξημερώματα
    γινήκαν όλα στάχτες κι αφορμές
    πικρά καμώματα.

Χρωστάω όσα δεν έζησα
    μα κι όσα έχω ζήσει
    μες την καρδιά μου ανατολή
    και στο μυαλό μου η δύση.

Τα λόγια, τα μισόλογα ( The words……..)
    τα ρούχα τα κλεμμένα ( The clothes……)
    είναι το ψέμα που μισώ ( It’s a lie that I hate)
    γιατί θυμάμαι εσένα. .( Because I remember you)

Τα λυπημένα βλέμματα (The sad looks)
    δεν είν’ του κόσμου ψέματα
    μα της ψυχής η αναπνοή
    και της ζωής η ανταμοιβή.

Τα λόγια, τα μισόλογα (The words……..)
    τα ρούχα τα κλεμμένα ( The clothes……)
    είναι το ψέμα που μισώ (It’s a lie that I hate)
    γιατί θυμάμαι εσένα.( Because I remember you)

2. azimut said:

... ...

... "phyllis" mou ...

Your "Mission Impossible 2", is not as ... "impossible" ... as you might "think" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

I "know" I "appear" as "self-proclaiming" it, ...

... however, in "here", ... I "learned" to also "respond" to the "name" of ... "tutor" ... ... ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ... ... ...

... it would be an "honour", therefore, to "assist" you in ... "unravelling" ... the "beauties" of this ... "language" ... that is "Greek" ... ... ...

Alas !!! ... it is already quite "late" for myself, as it is ... !!! ... ... ...

... in addition, of "being" "tired" and subsequently, of NOT "great benefit" to YOU ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Would "love" to ... "work" with you (and with "dya" and "omorfi" and "sirenceto"when she "appears", like the "true" "cherub" that she is ...), ...

... well, ... I would absolutely be "delighted" to "start working on it" on an ... "easier evening" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Till then, ... ό,τι καλύτερο ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Azim

... ...

P.S.: ... "might" be "receiving" some ... "results", ... regarding the "Yota Lidia" ... "mission" too, quite soon ... !!! ... ... ... ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra