Sakis Rouvas: Agapa Me (Abrazame) Translation

Thread: Sakis Rouvas: Agapa Me (Abrazame) Translation

Tags: None
  1. Agape said:

Default Sakis Rouvas: Agapa Me (Abrazame) Translation

Hi Everyone! Gia sou!
    Firstly I'd just like to say this forum is really great, thank you so much to all the people who spend their time to translate songs for us! I love Greek music and I'm slowly trying to learn the language so looking at forums like this really helps, epharisto poli!

I was wondering if someone could please translate the song Agapa Me (Abrazame) by Sakis Rouvas for me if it isn't any trouble. I'm afraid that I couldn't find the lyrics anywhere but i'd be really grateful if anyone could help; the song brings back a lot of good memories from last summer.

Epharisto poli everyone! Thank you and take care xxx

2. azimut said:

Arrow ... "free-style interpretation" ...

... ...

As of an "older generation" ... ( ... yet AGAIN you "youngsters" ... "make" the "point" ... !!! LOL !!!), ... I am "familiar" with the "original Greek version" of this particular "song" ... ... ...

... sung by Yannis Poulopoulos (Γιάννης Πουλόπουλος) ... some "time" ago, yet ... "timeless" in its ... "sound" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... Oh !!! My Goodness ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... I do "hope" it is the "same" one, you are "referring" to, "agape" mou ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

(... otherwise, all this public "demonstration" of "fretfulness" regarding the ... "generation gap" ... is "to no purpose" ... !!! LOL LOL LOL !!! )

All the best

Azim

... ...

music by Ferro / Iglesias (the "senior" one !!! LOL !!!)
    greek verse by Pithagoras (NOT the "ancient" one !!! LOL !!!)

Αγάπα με
    / Agapa me
    Love me

Αγάπα με,
    / agapa me
    love me
    μ' όλα τα λάθη πού 'χω κάνει,
    / m' ola ta lathi pou 'ho kani
    with all the blunders that I have made
    κράτα με
    / krata me
    hold me
    Ένοχος είμαι απέναντί σου
    / enohos ime apenanti sou
    I am guilty before you (in respect to you)
    τά' παμε,
    / ta pame
    we "said it all
    μα σ' αγαπώ.
    / ma s' agapo
    but then, I love you

Αγάπα με,
    / agapa me
    love me
    γίνομαι δρόμος να περάσεις,
    / yinome dromos na perasis
    I become (the) "road" (so that) you may "cross" (through)
    πάτα με
    / pata me
    "step on" me
    Έχω ανάγκη από σένα,
    / eho anagi apo sena
    I am "in need" of you
    νιώσε με,
    / niose me
    feel me
    κι αγάπα με.
    / ki agapa me
    and love me

Αγάπα με,
    / agapa me
    love me
    γιατί να ζήσω χώρια σου δε γίνεται,
    / yati na ziso horia sou de yinete
    cause to live apart from you, it cannot be done
    νεράκι η ζωή μου και θα χύνεται
    / neraki i zoi mou ke tha hinete
    like "water" (is) my life and it will be "pouring"
    στις πέτρες δίχως νόημα γι' αυτό
    / stis petres dihos noima, y' afto
    onto the rocks without (any) meaning, for this (so)

Αγάπα με
    / agapa me
    love me
    και ξέχασε λοιπόν πως παρασύρομαι
    / ke xehase lipon pos parasirome
    and forget then, that I get "carried away"
    και γείρε πάλι απάνω μου να γείρουμε,
    / ke yire pali apano mou na yiroume
    and "lean" yet again on me, (for both of us) to "rest"
    αγάπη, μόνο αγάπη σου ζητώ
    / agapi, mono agapi sou zito
    love, only love is (what) I ask of you

Last edited by azimut; 02-25-2007 at 09:21 AM.
    To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

3. Agape said:

Talking

Azim you are wonderful! Thank you so much! Yes this is the song I was referring to, it's so beautiful! Thank you for translating it for me and also for writing the lyrics in both Greek letters and in phonetics aswell! I hope that it wasn't any trouble. Epharisto poli!

I did not know that the song was a cover, but I can tell that the original song must have definately become a classic. I've been listening to some really beautiful songs that I believe are covers of originals, they are "Kaneis Edo Den Tragouda" and "S'eho Kanei Theo," although I'm not sure if they're old songs or not! But I've heard these songs sung by quite a few different artists such as Elena Paparizou and Giorgos Mazonakis, so I'm guessing that these are also timeless classics!

Epharisto para poli Azim mou!
    Take care, with love xxx

4. azimut said:

... ...

First of all, ... "thank you" also, for the "opportunity" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Secondly, ... it is "this" particular "way" of ... "writing the interpretation of lyrics", is ... sort of a "signature mark" of mine ... !!! LOL !!! ... therefore, "no trouble" atall ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Thirdly, the "songs" you have "mentioned" ... well, atleast "one" of the two, is indeed a ... "classic" ... "sung" by many of the greatest "artists" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

Fourthly, ... ok, I better "whisper" this, to you ... ... ...

(... that "second" name you are "mentioning", you "know" ... the one that "begins with an 'M' and ends in ... '-a kis' ... ... ... sssshhh !!! ... there is a "member" that gets ... hhhmmm ... "possessive" over that "name" ... !!! ... ... ...)

(... oh !!! dear !!! ... I can "hear" her "coming" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

... ...

Just ... "teasing" ... adorable dya mou ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

And, ... "welcome" to this "Forum" ... "agape" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

... IT IS THE MOST "WONDER-FULL" ... "WORD" ... OF ALL "HUMAN KIND" ... !!! ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

5. Agape said:

Azim mou you are very kind! Thank you for welcoming me to the forum and for your kind words And I love your style of translating too, it's great! I'm glad that it didn't cause you any trouble.

Thank you for the warning about (whispers in ear) G M....akis! You won't have to worry about me though, I'm more of a Sakis Rouvas fan myself lol!!! I love the atmosphere in this forum, everyone's so friendly! I hope that in time I'll get to speak to you all more often as I log on more!

Once again epharisto, you're so nice!
    xxx

6. dya said:

kalispera!

Dya is right here, as I see someone wrote down Mazonakis' name !!! LOL!

So, any questions?

7. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Agape View Post
    Thank you for the warning about (whispers in ear) G M....akis! You won't have to worry about me though, I'm more of a Sakis Rouvas fan myself lol!!! I
    xxx
    Now...you've just avoided disaster by telling this! LOL!!!

And now, seriously talking: WELCOME!!!! And you'd better stay around cause the friendly atmosphere around here is a reality! And you seem to fit pretty well in here, so it's us who say that we'd love to see you around!

8. Agape said:

Kalispera Dya! Ti kaneis? I hope you are well. I was just saying to Azim that I have been listening to a song performed live by Giorgos Mazonakis called S'eho Kanei Theo, I think that it's an old song but he sings it really beautifully! I also love the song "Amane" that he did with Despina Vandi, they both have great voices! xxx

9. Agape said:

Thank you Azim, that's very sweet! I'm very happy to be here!

10. dya said:

Eimai kala! Kai esi?

S'exo kanei theo was sung by Katerina Stanisi, by the way. You should try and find it, it's a different rythm in the "initial" one. DO NOT ask me which version I prefer! LOL!

Maybe you want to check on youtube the recording from the New Year's night at the Rex and see both of our ..."favourites" plus Despina Vandi plus Antonis Remos "playing" together!

Have you already found that, or do you want to give you the link?

11. Agape said:

I am very well Dya mou! I am glad to hear that you are well! I think I have heard the original version on the hotstation-gr website, although it didn't say who had sung it. It is quite different but both are nice. I can guess which one is your favourite lol! Elena Paparizou also did a nice cover of the song at Club Fever, I had seen a clip of it on YouTube and that's when I first heard the song.

I would love it if you could send me the link to the New Years video on YouTube if that's ok, I tried looking for it just now but couldn't find it

Epharisto Dya mou! You're very kind too! x

12. Agape said:

Dya, Azim, I am afraid that I will have to log off for tonight, but I will be back soon to hopefully talk with you again. Thank you again for your help and hospitality, epharisto poli! Kali Nikhta xxxx

13. dya said:

14. Agape said:

Gia sou Dya! I hope you are well today

Epharisto poli for the links! I really enjoyed the videos, I especially liked ΦΕΥΓΩ ΓΙΑ ΜΕΝΑ. I would love to go to Greece and see all of my favourite singers perform! I have been to Greece 5 years ago but unfortunately I didn't know about the Greek music industry then otherwise I would have definately tried to go to a concert! Have you ever seen Giorgos Mazonakis or Sakis Rouvas in concert? I have a close friend from Greece and she's seen Sakis in concert twice! You can imagine how jealous I was lol! I haven't asked her if she's seen Giorgos but i'll find out when I next speak to her. I got into Greek music after becoming friends with her last year when I was in college and now i'm a complete convert! I love it and can't stop listening!

I'm afraid I have to go Dya mou, but epharisto para poli again for the links! Take care, speak to you soon! Adio! xxx

15. dya said:

Gia sou Agape! I am well but very tired!

I'm glad you liked the links!

And regarding your question: no I haven't seen anybody in concert! But I'll do that eventually! It's a must! It's a promise! Or a threat! Or whatever! But I'll do that! Anybody joining me...?

16. Agape said:

I'd definately be up for that lol!!