Need help to identify 2 songs

Thread: Need help to identify 2 songs

Tags: None
  1. Pytox said:

Default Need help to identify 2 songs

1st song is a Duett sung by a Italian man and an American woman. The song was played very frequently in the early or midd 90's on TV (mTV or just any other local..). The video was filmed on a coast like place with a garden where they stod appart and sang. Im not sure if he was an Italian he looked like it and had that kind of an accent but still with good english. His bodyframe reminded of pavarotti's can't remember facial hair. The woman had a clear american accent and was blond or light-brunett I think. The only leaders/hints I can give of the song itself is that it was a love song they sing it back and forth. It is not a slow ballade and it has a nice flow like the words where almost put together when they sing. The only phrase or words I can remember is when the man sing FOR ROMA AND POOR ME or something that atleast sounds like it.

The 2nd should be alot esier and it goes something like: Ur my chocolate boy ... sweet like chocolate.... ta tada ta tada

(its sung by a woman and she sings this phrase alot)

Mumbles said:

The second song is "Sweet like chocolate" by Shanks & Bigfoot, the female vocalist on this recording is "Sharon Woolf"
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

3. HEMA said:

Eros Ramazotti & Tina Turner - Cosa Del Ville (aint exactly blond...)

Eros Ramazotti & Anastacia - I belong to you (though that's post 2000)

That's as far as my knowledge goes...

4. Pytox said:

Thank you guys for the answers I apprusiate it alot.

Mumbles you was right on target =). Dunno why I didnt get any hit when searching on sweet like chocolate... cause I did. Anyways I got the song now and are enjoying it .

Hema I got hold of the both songs and checked out Ramazotti. Thank you for the effort but unfortunatly it wasent the right artist. Eros is more of a thin man with an Eglesias sound, he also had accent free english (the few words he sang in english). The man im trying to portrait is older and abit heavier with an accent. Also the words are clearly separated appart in both songs. In the song im looking for there is a flow of words almost like they are put together and is sung to fit into the melody of the song itself. The man sings in english im pretty sure, maybe not the whole song but atleast the majority of it.
    But never the less I was very excited to check it out cause I really wanna find this song more badly then any other =)
    Last edited by Pytox; 03-04-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Mumbles said:

Glad to help....I'm just sorry i can't be of more help with your second song,...don't give up yet though, hopefully someone will recognise it

Mumbles said:

Ok I'm gonna have another go at this one, is it......Renee & Renato - "Save your love" ???

7. HEMA said:

The man could be Andrea Borcelli:

http://www.sharonlingham.com/AndreaB...g04%5B1%5D.jpg

No idea who the woman would be though...nor what song it is

Anyway Eros Ramazotti and Andrea Borcelli are (I think) the most popular italian artists out of Italy...

*Polèt said:

Andrea Bocelli is a good clue I think,
    maybe the song is
    "Con te partirò (time to say goodbye)" performed with Sarah Brightman
    or "The prayer" with Celine Dion...
    Or maybe you're looking for something "more pop"?

9. Pytox said:

Mumbles I LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU"!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee & Renato - "Save your love"

What the hell! Right now I love everybody! Mostly you that posted in here! But Ultimatly Mumbles!

Dont wanna promise too much but I will try to do my part in helping out others. The feeling of hearing a song that ur mind hasent let go for years without listening/being able to pin it down is just enormous!

Mumbles said:

I am sooooo pleased we've found your song for you.... I remember it well, it was one of my moms favourites at the time, and i remember it was always playing on the radio or TV,..... ahh happy memories.
    Enjoy your song

11. Pytox said:

Yes I am enjoying it very much and ty once again for recognizing both songs (mr musical genius ). Just droped by to check out if I could recognize anything for others...