Opinion of Sarbel representing Greece in Eurovision 2007?

Thread: Opinion of Sarbel representing Greece in Eurovision 2007?

Tags: None
  1. Olympiakos 4 Life! said:

Wink Opinion of Sarbel representing Greece in Eurovision 2007?

I already posted this message before, but with a different title. I was wondering what people's opinions were about Sarbel going to Eurovision Song Contest 2007? Did anybody want [With Love] Tamta or [No Madonna] Xristos Dantis to go instead? Personally, I like all three singers, and didn't mind who got selected to go. What place do you think we are going to get this year? I am wishing Greece the best of luck and hopefull win 1st place again!

omorfi said:

Well firstly... Tamta was too dull in my opinion... She could have done "better" than this...

Sarbel is maybe the most "safe" to send to the Eurovision, catchy song, dancing, and all that + the mix of English/Greek and the "etno" sound. I think he will do fine, I'm not sure about winning though...

"No Madonna" was the song that "grew on" me... First time I heard it I didn't like it at all! But then I started liking it... and I can't say if I liked Dantis or Sarbel the most..

Good luck to Greece and Sarbel
    "Ποιος ταξιδεύει στα μάτια σου;
    Και ποιός ξαγρυπνά στο κορμί σου;
    Μάτια μπλε στα μεγάλα ταξίδια σου
    Θα'μαι εδώ θα'μαι πάντα μαζί σου"

veronika_pooh said:

well I haven't heard Sarbel's song jet but he's atractive and I'm sure it's the best choise for Greece and I wish him luck althought I can say that for the first time I really like the song and singers that will present Bulgaria on Eurovision

YouTube - Elica & Stoyan - "Voda" (Bulgarian song Eurovision 2007)

here,check out and tell me what U think,it's alive presentation before thay were chosen
    Last edited by veronika_pooh; 03-07-2007 at 05:41 AM.
    !!!Ζήσε κάθε σου στιγμή η ζωή φεύγει με χίλια!!!

4. dya said:

I agree with Omorfi regarding Tamta.

Sarbel has a...commercial song with a classical recipe for hearing it all summer long. Of course that doesn't mean anything considering the "catchy" song that won last year. LOL!!

Dantis' No madonna is a good song full stop. But it's not the Eurovision type. I like it but it doesn't have the ingredients for this contest. Now, if you ask me, the songs entering this contest just tend to follow "classical" recipes. This is what the countries choose to send in the contest. And those who are daring enough to send something different, they may get lucky(see the last year's situation).

Now here's the song that will represent Romania;
    YouTube - Eurovision 2007 Romania Todomondo-Liubi,Liubi,ILoveYou
    The same recipe for a "nice song" ,international("let's please as many nations as we can"-type) catchy, etc. I like it but I just have this impression it's Eurovision-made. Had it been released on its own, it could have gone un-noticed.

And I have the same impression with Sarbel's Yassou Maria.

omorfi said:

I haven't had any time to listen to "your" songs, but I will when I get the moment...

And Dya, my vote actually went to Romania last year (and of course I did vote for Greece too, as it is a "tradition", LOL)

For anyone interested this is the Norwegian entry this year:

YouTube - Guri Schanke - Ven a bailar conmigo (live @ MGP)

Not typical Norwegian, LOL....

6. dya said:

Well, Omorfi, your song has just confirmed my theory of the "classical recipe" for Eurovision. It's nice, catchy, dancing, ETC, but we already have three songs in this thread with the same pattern!!! LOL! All of them having this "beat" that keeps pumping in your head until you get tired of it. Earlier when I wrote in this thread I went on youtube to listen Yassou Maria again, and trust me, two hours I kept hearing the song inside my head. Now I listened to your song and guess what?! Sarbel is out! Your singer is in!!!!

Thank you for the vote of last year, but please do not get me started with Traistariu...lol! Not one of my favourites...!

Veronica, I listened to your song, it is daring! Let's see what the jury thinks. I like it! Regarding what I wrote above: first song I listened in this thread was yours and it got me too, but then Sarbel with his Maria took over the place!!! lol!

I read the comments on youtube for Sarbel. Many people would have wanted Petrelis for Eurovision. If that had been the case, I would have walked to Helsinki to give my vote personally!!! LOL
    Last edited by dya; 03-07-2007 at 03:53 PM.

veronika_pooh said:

well we'll see,I'm quite sure we have no chance in that contest so I'll cross my fingers for Sarbel too

omorfi said:

Well Dya guess what's in my head??"liubi liubi", hahah It was a funny song! And the beat reminded me somewhat of Juanes "La camisa negra"..

Veronika.. I get this "ancient" feeling when I hear that song, like a whisper from the past.. very special indeed!

veronika_pooh said:

Yes the song contains motives from the old bulgarian folk music and the lyrics r like that it's not something we hear on the radio every day here that's why I like it

pralina said:

YouTube-Serbian Eurovision 2007 Representative Marija Šerifović

P.S. The beauty is not a measure. She has great voice

Lydia_the angel said:

Talking

I think that Greece has nice song this year,trendy one although it is very similar and reminds me on some Spanish-Greek version of "Shake it" that Sakis sang one year at the Eurovision. Personally I like it, although I think Tamta had really interesting and soft song too, it was my favourite actually I really liked the Greek part in it ...But I hope Sarbel will do great this year as well and I will vote for Greece as I do every year... for sure
    Anyway just wanted to say that next year Greece should sing on Greek and with more Greek elements in the song, it is pity such language and music to be replaced with some English version. This stays for all the countries.
    It is called Eurovision, all should sing on their own language, it is not Ukvision though it seems like that, hmm..

Good luck to all !!!

panselinos said:

Sarbel is definitely not my cup of tea, so I'd rather make no comment.

tzina772000 said:

Quote Originally Posted by panselinos View Post
    Sarbel is definitely not my cup of tea, so I'd rather make no comment.
    yeap you are right but it was the only song from the 3 that could have done something in Eurovision, Tamta had a wonderful song but not Eurovision material. Dantis could have done something much much better.

In Greece people are saying that the Bulgarian song is going to go very very well. It has a pretty Balkan/Bulgarian sound.

Lydia_the_angel you are definetely right, but foreigners don't find for example the Greek language very musical (meaning it sounds to them like German sounds to us the Greek, at least that's what I've heard). Moreover, when we won the song was in English and no one seemed to care much about that.
    Last edited by tzina772000; 03-10-2007 at 04:40 PM.

renee_cy said:

hmmm...for the contest
    Tamta she did not sing such great and she did not have the Eurovision type sng (you could argue me that Lordi did not have Eurovision song ahahaha)
    But
    Sarbel was probably the most 'Eurovision' song I suppose... Good Luck to him

Personally...
    Im happy with Evridiki :P I think it could be first Cypriot victory..or our best result :P haha Dimitris...:P hehehe
    Hey, ari pary parenk, ari ari, jan jan
    Hay parerin, jan asenq, ari yar, ari, jan jan!

Paparizou_Fan said:

I Liked So Much Sarbel's Song.. Especially Greek Version Is Better In My Opinion.. I Think This Song Can Be Number One Cos Has Got A Super Rythm

tzina772000 said:

Quote Originally Posted by renee_cy View Post
    Im happy with Evridiki :P I think it could be first Cypriot victory..or our best result :P haha Dimitris...:P hehehe
    And personally I couldn't agree with you more. GREAT GREAT song

omorfi said:

Yes indeed, great song from Cyprus this year and in FRENCH

renee_cy said:

yes

however there is big problem
    in the Semi-Final Cyprus with perform 3rd....
    and in the Final Greece will perform 10th

HOPEFULLy people dont forget the Cypriot song - we must make good impression - I will be crushed if we cannot qualify

its Unfair that all the bad songs got the wild Card :P (no offense)
    minus... i think bulgaria and slovenia
    Hey, ari pary parenk, ari ari, jan jan
    Hay parerin, jan asenq, ari yar, ari, jan jan!

19. azimut said:

... ...

... "contests" do not "make room" for EVERY ONE ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

and, ... "people" do not "make room" for EVERY ONE in "contests" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

(... and, just in case there are "some" that, right now are "saying" ... "Azim, you are not making any sense ... !!!", ... please, "know" that, ... I do not "expect" such a "thing", neither ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...)

I guess, I will "have to" ... "see" (or, should I "say" ... "hear" ?!? ... no, I should "say" ... "see AND hear" !!! LOL !!!), the "songs" ... on the "night" ... !!! ... *υ* ... !!! ...

and, ...

All the best

Azim

... ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

veronika_pooh said:

I haven't heard the Cypros song,someone got a link?