New Persian and Dari Persian

Thread: New Persian and Dari Persian

Tags: None

Simple_Girl said:

Default New Persian and Dari Persian

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    Hallo Vanda,

thank you very, very much!
    Today is one of the happiest days in my life! :-)))))))))))))
    I love internet and the possibilities we have to do things like this. Is just amazing...
    Sure I have more requests!. I have some iranian musics that I hear almost everyday and the fact is that i am quite curious of knowing what they say...
    In my opinion, for being your first tranlation, you made a great job!!
    I have to leave now (I have german lessons) but i will come back to you later on with other request.
    The problem is that, this was the only lyrics i had... :-(. I know the titles and the singers, but I dont have the lyrics. If there is extremelly difficult to search in arabic (and I know some words), just imaging in Farsi!! ;-) Practically impossible!

Thanks again and again!!!

I am reaaaalllly happy! Doset daran! ;-)
    ehm..a small correction here........its actually not farsi but dari. persian ppl speak dari, its kinda similar to farsi...some words are different and they pronounce it differently

lets take ur example, u said dooset daram--> dari
    farsi --> dostet daram... u should listen to a farsi song some time, u will hear the difference :P
    Last edited by Simple_Girl; 03-29-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Vanda said:

hi dear simple girl. tnx for your comment but i dont think so.
    do you understand farsi? i think afghans speak Dari and persians speak Farsi(farsi is version of Parsi which we speak now and it mixed with some arabic words and it becomed farsi cuz arab people hav'nt P in their language)
    actually farsi is my native language but i understand dari and tajik hardly cuz it's totally different in pronounceing and verbs. our language(farsi) impressed with arabic but afghans and tajiks saved genuineness in their language. i did'nt know a lot about it but i searched:

-Farsi is the Arabicized form of Parsi from Pars, the name of the region where the language evolved. Pars is called Fars in Arabic which lacks the sound [p].
    -Dari is the local name used for the Persian language in Afghanistan. There are several competing theories regarding the origin of the name.
    -Tajik (Tajiki) is the local name used for Persian in Tajikistan.
    -- Eastern Farsi (Dari) is the mother tongue of about 7.6 million people in Afghanistan, the Khorasan* Province of Iran, and in Pakistan (Ethnologue). It is the co-official language of Afghanistan, along with Pashto.
    *khorasan is a province near the afghanistan border (Vanda)

--- Western Persian (Farsi) is spoken in Iran. Ethnologue lists 18 dialects of Western Persian. Standard Farsi is based on the variant spoken in and around Teheran, the capital of Iran.
    ---Eastern Persian (Dari) ) is spoken in Afghanistan. It also has a number of regional variants. Until recently, Afghanistan deferred to the Teheran variant as its standard.
    --- Tajik is spoken in Tajikistan, a former Soviet republic in Central Asia.

and a good article : Afghanistan Online: Article (Pahlawi/Farsi/Dari)
    from this link: Farsi is The Persian of Iran and Dari is the Persian spoken in Afghanistan.

and about your example, doostet daram/doostat daram is formal(bookly) mood but dooset daram is colloquial.
    i will be happy to see your new comment

be happy for ever
    Last edited by Vanda; 03-27-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

Simple_Girl said:

Vanda, my bad...I confused dari with farsi ...ur totally right...actually I was convinced it was the other way around untill I asked my mom, she said sweety ur mistaken farsi with dari.. OMG I felt really bad about it ..i confused dari with farsi....toba

Ecoliqua said:

Dear Simple-girl,

honestly, the fact that you recognize your fault is a thousand times better than your own fault. So dont worry. At least on my side. I deeply like people who is able to recognize their mistakes. And, not only you will rememnber this forever, but everybody who read your thread will remeber what you have said. So, odnt worry. I, personally, congratulate your honesty and simpleness. Worls should have mor epeople like you: able to recognize thir mistakes and amend their wrongs.

Love,

Laura

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_Girl View Post
    Vanda, my bad...I confused dari with farsi ...ur totally right...actually I was convinced it was the other way around untill I asked my mom, she said sweety ur mistaken farsi with dari.. OMG I felt really bad about it ..i confused dari with farsi....toba
    simple_girl. doroud bar to nazanin.
    azizam alan didam ke shoma ahle afghanistan hasty. cheghadr aaali. khoshgele in ke narahati nadare. khob man ham daghighan farghe farsi va dari ro nemidunestam vali internet ro vase chi gozashtan pas?
    well. persian speaking is enough and now english because of our friend
    anyway khosh omadi

- Hafez

Simple_Girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanda View Post
    simple_girl. doroud bar to nazanin.
    azizam alan didam ke shoma ahle afghanistan hasty. cheghadr aaali. khoshgele in ke narahati nadare. khob man ham daghighan farghe farsi va dari ro nemidunestam vali internet ro vase chi gozashtan pas?
    well. persian speaking is enough and now english because of our friend
    anyway khosh omadi
    salam vanda khanoom, merci azizam for welcome ... ur right internet dige..lol.. anyway I see ur very good at translations .... I listen to Arab music as much as Persian ... I was wondering if you could translate Shahram Kashani nazi jan in English... I just love that song...

Simple_Girl said:

Dear Simple-girl,

honestly, the fact that you recognize your fault is a thousand times better than your own fault. So dont worry. At least on my side. I deeply like people who is able to recognize their mistakes. And, not only you will rememnber this forever, but everybody who read your thread will remeber what you have said. So, odnt worry. I, personally, congratulate your honesty and simpleness. Worls should have mor epeople like you: able to recognize thir mistakes and amend their wrongs.

Love,

Laura
    thanks Laura, I indeed recognise my mistake, thanks for ur kind words, I feel a lot better now.... I must say this forum has a really nice atmosphere ..I like it here

8. noesje said:

Default learning farsi

Hi There!

Are all these lyrics in farsi ? My boyfriend speaks farsi, and i would like to impress him by learning some farsi
    Are all these lyrics in farsi,? than i can make him a poem in farsi Does anyone know a webpage where i can learn farsi ???

thnx!!!

9. noesje said:

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_Girl View Post
    ehm..a small correction here........its actually not farsi but dari. persian ppl speak dari, its kinda similar to farsi...some words are different and they pronounce it differently

farsi --> dostet daram... u should listen to a farsi song some time, u will hear the difference :P
    Hi there!!

I think you know a lot of farsi, see above I was learning all the lyrics before your reply, cause i thought that it was farsi. Could you help me to learn some farsi ??

Ecoliqua said:

Quote Originally Posted by noesje View Post
    Hi there!!

I think you know a lot of farsi, see above I was learning all the lyrics before your reply, cause i thought that it was farsi. Could you help me to learn some farsi ??
    Hallo Noesje,

maybe you should read what Simple-Girl said after this post... :-)

To learn Farsi:

http://www.easypersian.com/

Ecoliqua said:

Talking

Hi there!!

Hallo Noesje,

maybe you should read what Simple-Girl wrote after this post... :-)

To learn Farsi:

http://www.easypersian.com/

Ecoliqua said:

Originally Posted by Simple_Girl

Hi there!!

Hallo Noesje,

maybe you should read what Simple-Girl wrote after this post... :-)

To learn Farsi:

Easy Persian - Free Online Farsi Language Lessons, MP3 Music, and Chat!

Ecoliqua said:

I swear I didnt wanted to post it three times! :-DDDDDDD

Funny thing happened here! .... destiny maybe

But anyhow, I hope it is clear! lol

Vanda said:

Hi there!!

Hi Noesje ... welcome to this forum deary
    yes... all those lyrics are in Farsi(Parsi/Persian), not dari :-) you didn't make mistake. be sure that all of them are in farsi cause I can't translate Dari unfortunately :-(
    anyways, as my dear Laura said, you can take something from easypersian and this forum too, thought I know my translation is not a good source to learning Farsi.

Love
    Vandi

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

Smile

Hi Noesje ... welcome to this forum deary
    yes... all those lyrics are in Farsi(Parsi/Persian), not dari :-) you didn't make mistake. be sure that all of them are in farsi cause I can't translate Dari unfortunately :-(
    anyways, as my dear Laura said, you can take something from easypersian and this forum too, thought I know my translation is not a good source to learning Farsi.

Love
    Vandi
    Vanda, your english is perfect and your translations even more. But, you do something better than simple translating song from Farsi into english: you give all your enthusiasm with each song, a piece of your soul, wich made them so special. So, a professor in Cambridge coudnt possibly write better english than you :-)
    I love the way you do it. Somehow you keep the "Window to Persia" open for us... for me at least... and dooset daram for this opportunity you give me

Laura XXX

16. noesje said:

I swear I didnt wanted to post it three times! :-DDDDDDD

Funny thing happened here! .... destiny maybe

But anyhow, I hope it is clear! lol
    Heeey you lovely people

Im so sorry for my late response! Quite buzzzzy with my school. Last year, have to finish a lot.. blegh! Thank you very much for helping me !!! better 3 the same answers than nothing
    I think my boyfriend did not want to confuse me by saying he speaks farsi. Maybe because there is also more to find about farsi. But in the end he did confused me :P Cause, if i understand it correctly ; people from persia/iran speaks farsi and people from afghanistan darsi? Cause he was born in afghanistan. And when im making my own little poems for him in farsi with help from your translation of the farsi lyrics, he says to me that this is more iranian.
    So i guess he speaks more darsi right ??! Sorry for all these questions guys! I like him very much hihi.. and i know he knows a bit of hindi (im a hindu) by watching bollywood movies so i wanna know a bit of his language as well.. hihi..

Thnx you all !!!!
    kisssssssssses

Ecoliqua said:

Heeey you lovely people

Im so sorry for my late response! Quite buzzzzy with my school. Last year, have to finish a lot.. blegh! Thank you very much for helping me !!! better 3 the same answers than nothing
    I think my boyfriend did not want to confuse me by saying he speaks farsi. Maybe because there is also more to find about farsi. But in the end he did confused me :P Cause, if i understand it correctly ; people from persia/iran speaks farsi and people from afghanistan darsi? Cause he was born in afghanistan. And when im making my own little poems for him in farsi with help from your translation of the farsi lyrics, he says to me that this is more iranian.
    So i guess he speaks more darsi right ??! Sorry for all these questions guys! I like him very much hihi.. and i know he knows a bit of hindi (im a hindu) by watching bollywood movies so i wanna know a bit of his language as well.. hihi..

Thnx you all !!!!
    kisssssssssses
    Hi Noesje,

please find quotation from Vanda posted on 27.03.07. I hope it will shed some light onto this matter :-)

Laura XXX

hi dear simple girl. tnx for your comment but i dont think so.
    do you understand farsi? i think afghans speak Dari and persians speak Farsi(farsi is version of Parsi which we speak now and it mixed with some arabic words and it becomed farsi cuz arab people hav'nt P in their language)
    actually farsi is my native language but i understand dari and tajik hardly cuz it's totally different in pronounceing and verbs. our language(farsi) impressed with arabic but afghans and tajiks saved genuineness in their language. i did'nt know a lot about it but i searched:

-Farsi is the Arabicized form of Parsi from Pars, the name of the region where the language evolved. Pars is called Fars in Arabic which lacks the sound [p].
    -Dari is the local name used for the Persian language in Afghanistan. There are several competing theories regarding the origin of the name.
    -Tajik (Tajiki) is the local name used for Persian in Tajikistan.
    -- Eastern Farsi (Dari) is the mother tongue of about 7.6 million people in Afghanistan, the Khorasan* Province of Iran, and in Pakistan (Ethnologue). It is the co-official language of Afghanistan, along with Pashto.
    *khorasan is a province near the afghanistan border (Vanda)

--- Western Persian (Farsi) is spoken in Iran. Ethnologue lists 18 dialects of Western Persian. Standard Farsi is based on the variant spoken in and around Teheran, the capital of Iran.
    ---Eastern Persian (Dari) ) is spoken in Afghanistan. It also has a number of regional variants. Until recently, Afghanistan deferred to the Teheran variant as its standard.
    --- Tajik is spoken in Tajikistan, a former Soviet republic in Central Asia.

and a good article : Afghanistan Online: Article (Pahlawi/Farsi/Dari)
    from this link: Farsi is The Persian of Iran and Dari is the Persian spoken in Afghanistan.

and about your example, doostet daram/doostat daram is formal(bookly) mood but dooset daram is colloquial.
    i will be happy to see your new comment

be happy for ever
    not all that is gold glitters; not all those who wander are lost

Ilhana said:

Default salam

Hello everybody..

I was surfing on the internet a little bit and fortunately i found this page..and became verry happy..lol

Well I am from Bosnia and I study farsi, arabic and turkish but also know 5 more languages..
    It is very difficult to learn and espacially to study some language when you don't have much conversation..but we are giving our best..
    I was so pleased when I saw translations and songs in farsi font..
    I spent some time on the internet studying, readin' some poetry..texts..and I'm really trying to use my spare time on studying and finding some new sources of iranian, arabic (and every kind of language that know) literature...

So I just wanna to say go on..great to have some support..lol...

xhoda hafeze shoma bashad
    Nous sommes ce que nous ne voyons pas..En manquant tous les reves de jour...