Translate French Lyrics to English

Thread: Translate French Lyrics to English

Tags: None
  1. josie-xx said:

Smile

will you translate these lyrics into english please

On pousse les meubles, on met le son a fond, on débranche la sonnette à cause des voisins, on coupe le portable!!! et la on envoie la nouvelle bombe du groupe suédois Sunblock avec le featuring de Sandy et le titre Baby, Baby ..ce groupe qui enchaîne tube sur tube, après la reprise de Alerte à Malibu et

2. sheila said:

Here is a rough approximation:

One moves the furniture, one turns the sound all the way down, one unplugs the
    doorbell due to the neighbors, one cuts on (?) the laptop!! and there one
    sees(?) the new bomb (hit?) of the Swedish group Sunblock with the featuring of
    Sandy and the title Baby, Baby ..this group that links (dominates?) tube on
    tube, after the repeat of Alert at Malibu and

Well, I only took a year and a half of French...

jadedarknight said:

what about this :
    we push pieces of furniture, we put sound aloud, we disconnect the bell because of the neighbours, we cut the portable*!!! and we send the new bomb of the Swedish group Sunblock with the featuring of Sandy and title Baby Baby.. this group which puts in chains tube on tube, after the resumption of Alert in Malibu and

*(portable computer?or mobile? i am not sure)

i am not native as well.i hope it helps

maxsimn said:

in French portable=cell phone

5. Jeromo said:

Quote Originally Posted by maxsimn View Post
    in French portable=cell phone
    Sorry maxsimn but "Portable" in french always mean "Laptop". Phones are called "cellulaire" or "cel" (in slang)

6. Evilyuffie said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromo View Post
    Sorry maxsimn but "Portable" in french always mean "Laptop". Phones are called "cellulaire" or "cel" (in slang)

Actually in french (in France anyway), "portable" means cell phone. But we use the same word for the portable computer so there are some misunderstanding sometimes.
    So usually it is, "portable" = cell phone and "(ordinateur) portable" = portable computer.

What a mess lol

maxsimn said:

Hmm at school the teacher says that portable=cell phone,and also in the texts that we read from the books,portable is used for phones.Maybe its like you say they use it both for portable PCs and portable phones

Aren said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromo View Post
    Wroooong, no one uses the word "cellulaire" these days, everybody says "portable" when they mean cellphone