please this is not about translation but spanish phrases

Thread: please this is not about translation but spanish phrases

Tags: None

penny said:

what is exvivos,un veliz

2. locachica said:

Red face

If te queiro is more friendly love.. te amo more romantic.. then what does it mean when someone says to someone.. " la quiero mucho "

?

maria_gr said:

"I want her so much", "I love her so much", "I care about her so much", but I'm not very sure. I'm confused with these two verbs.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

penny said:

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    "I want her so much", "I love her so much", "I care about her so much", but I'm not very sure. I'm confused with these two verbs.
    γιατί δεν ρωτάς τον δάσκαλό σου να σου πει πως τα χρησιμοποιούν?

penny said:

finally does anybody know what is exvivos,un veliz mean?

maria_gr said:

Σταμάτησα να κάνω ισπανικά λόγω των Πασχαλινών διακοπών. Θα ξεκινήσω πάλι το επόμενο Σάββατο.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

arux said:

Hey penny, in case you are still confused about the "the quiero" thing.

"The quiero" is not the same as "I love you". In Spanish the word "love" has a very romantic connotation. The quiero means "I care a lot about you". Very few people say "te amo" to anybody but their romantic counterpart. The phrase "te amo" is so deep to me that I have never said it to anyone. I always use "I love you" in English or "te quiero mucho". ;P

HollisterHottie10 said:

Yo Quiero can be used to say "i love you" or "i want" but most people only use it as "i want" because there is more then one way to say "i love you" in spanish. You could say 'te amo' or 'ama te quiero' instead. Hope i was helpful

9. sadfairy29 said:

Can U Help Me I Need The Lyrics For Hasta Fin Del Mundo By Jennifer Pena In English Lyrics

penny said:

thanx very much for the explanations,now do you know what the words 'exvivos,un veliz' mean?

penny said:

so te quiero is actually I WANT but it can be use with the meaning of I love you as the TE AMO is really deep and romantic,right?

penny said:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    Hey penny, in case you are still confused about the "the quiero" thing.

"The quiero" is not the same as "I love you". In Spanish the word "love" has a very romantic connotation. The quiero means "I care a lot about you". Very few people say "te amo" to anybody but their romantic counterpart. The phrase "te amo" is so deep to me that I have never said it to anyone. I always use "I love you" in English or "te quiero mucho". ;P
    you said you have never said it but you could use it only with the one you are in love...yes?

penny said:

what is escucha me?

heksje said:

escuchame means "listen to me"

penny said:

thanx do you know what these words mean(exvivos and un veliz)?I have asked so many times and nobody answers me

arux said:

well, exvivos means ex-living... and as far as I know, Veliz is just a last name. Where did you hear those?

penny said:

Arrow

in 2 songs, the one said'y un monton de sueños dentro de un veliz'
    and the other "Vivo como vivo, imitando a exvivos"

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    in 2 songs, the one said'y un monton de sueños dentro de un veliz'
    and the other "Vivo como vivo, imitando a exvivos"
    I found it at last... 'veliz' means "handbag", but it is only used in Mexico. Exvivos is ex-living, or dead. The sentence means that he or she follows the steps of people who have died. Those dead people were probably wise or remarkable in some way, hence the reason to follow their steps.

Oh, and feel free to use "te amo" if you really love the person lol. I just haven't said it because I haven't felt deep romantic love for a person. As a general rule, "te quiero" means less than "I love you", and "te amo" is deeper than "I love you". Now don't get me wrong, te amo is literally I love you if you translate it. It is the emotional content what differs. If an American tells you "I love you", and a Spanish speaker tell you "te amo", the Spanish speaker means more by what he said, because Americans say I love you to dogs, their mom, their siblings etc...

I hope you got it lol
    Last edited by arux; 04-18-2007 at 11:05 AM.

penny said:

yes now I totaly get it thanx for both explanations...

kosmidis87 said:

ok paidia min panikovaleste ego tha vro ti lisi