Please help me with this one - $40 reward

Thread: Please help me with this one - $40 reward

Tags: None
  1. darrenaustralia said:

Arrow Please help me with this one - $40 reward

G'day guys,

I've posted here and other places and got nothing. The song sounds like Moby but probably not him as I've been onto Amazon and listened to a sample of just about every Moby song I can find.

I've got $40 for the song title and $20 if you think it is a artist you know and that eventually leads me to the song.

The song must pre-date 2003 as that is when I first heard it and most likely came out 2000-2003 but could always be earlier.

I've got the full song (3:17) in
    real audio (0.5Mb) Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    or
    mp3 (1.5Mb) Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Anything would be much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Darren

2. NightSky said:

All I can make out is "there's love in the air". I don't know what she says before that. Have you tried searching with that lyric? I tried a search and got a lot of results. Since I have no clue of its origins, I think you'd have more luck searching through the results.

3. darrenaustralia said:

I know there's not much to go on is there but I did try to Google the lyrics with as much as I know. There aren't many lyrics and even then some I can't make out. Tried to go through the results and eliminate singers or bands by using the minus sign in Google when it was clear that it wasn't the right one but didn't get too far.

I've got a feeling though that it might not be likely the lyrics are even documented as that sort of song it would only result in a couple of lines, no verses, chorus etc.

I think the way might be only if someone has heard it before or can recognise that style of song and give a hint as to the singer/band. It sounds to me very much like something Moby would do but perhaps one of his contemporaries such as Air. I have tried those two and their back catalogue though and don't think it is either.

Thanks for having a go, it is really nice to get a reply.
    Cheers,
    Darren

4. jarvis33 said:

It sounds like she's singing "Just to be happy, there's love in the air".

I have no idea who it is but the strings section seems to be sampled from (or based on) Paul Weller's "You do something to me", released in 1995. Parts of the drum rhythm sound a bit like the Happy Mondays' "Step on", and the keyboards sound a bit like Fat Boy Slim.

At a guess I would say it was the work of a UK DJ, such as Fat Boy Slim or someone similar. I don't know if this is any help at all...