Brazilian-Portuguese lyrics to American hit songs

Thread: Brazilian-Portuguese lyrics to American hit songs

Tags: None
  1. RCrispin said:

Cool Brazilian-Portuguese lyrics to American hit songs

I am trying to find lyrics for American hit songs from the 50's and 60's that have been rewritten in Portuguese and then recorded and released in Brazil. I have found a few by listening to oldies in Brazil and then asking a Portuguese speaker to tell me the name of the song or the name of the artist but I beleive there are many more I have't heard yet. The probelm is that the titles of these songs once they're translated are so different that being able to read the new title in Portuguese is still not much help unless you can hear the music too.

For example I have found lyrics for: "Biquíni de Bolinha Amarelinha," the Brazilian version of "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polkadot Bikini" (Brian Hyland) and "Filme Triste" the Brazilian version of "Sad Movies" (Sue Thompson). Those titles were still pretty close to the original. It's others like "Splish Splash" that I know exists but that I can't find because I don't know the Portuguese title.

I was hoping to find a website that had the ability to cross refference titles but so far have found anything close. At the present, if I don't know the Portuguese title (which I don't) then I'm out of luck. So even a Portuguese song title paired with the American would allow me to find thge lyrics most of the time.

Can anyone please help me? My email is: RCrispin@pca.gov.sa

atmaestro said:

Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

lesenna said:

Hello!
    I am a brazilian-portuguese speaker, but i couldn't understand what is your request? Do u want portuguese lyrics translation of old american hits or do u want only the titles translation? Or do u want english translation of brazilian versions?