Heard a song at Starbucks this morning...

Thread: Heard a song at Starbucks this morning...

Tags: None
  1. the_pook said:

Default Heard a song at Starbucks this morning...

Hey

Wow, didn't even realise forums existed to help poor people like me figure out what "that song" is! lol

So let me get to it. I was in Starbucks this morning and on their radio station (I asked the server who told me it was radio) the store had a wonderful female vocalist playing with just a guitar. Quite a deep voice. The lyrics were something like "come to the river" then they played a second song by the same singer and part of the lyrics were "help us, help us, help us".

So vague I know! That's all I can remember. An artist name would be great, a song name even better.

Any help would be great, it's not Alison Kraus that's all I know!

2. Grendl2000 said:

I'm guessing it might be k.d. lang. The first could be her "That Lucky Old Sun" duet with Tony Bennett. The second song would fit in with her recording of Neil Young's "Helpless."

3. the_pook said:

hey Grendl .

No, it wasn't KD Lang. It wasn't a duet either, I wish I could remember more but I can't! Thanks though .

4. Grendl2000 said:

OK, I'll take another guess: Patti Smith does a version of "Helpless" on her new album, "Twelve." I can't come up with anything that matches that first lyric, though.