Κι όταν στην πόρτα σου μιλώ
    τα σκαλοπάτια σου φιλώ
    μη μου φωνάζεις "διώξ'τε τον τρελό"!

=

Thank you !

Neslihan said:

Ο τρελός - Mad man

Με κυνηγούν, με κυνηγούν κάθε βραδυά
    I‘m chased away, I’m chased away every night (from)
    της γειτονιά, της γειτονιάς σου τα παιδιά
    (her) neighbourhood, and the children of your neighbourhood
    με κοροϊδεύουν τα παιδιά
    Are laughing at me (making fun of me)
    σαν παίρνω την ανηφοριά
    As if i m going through the hill

να σου χαρίσω μια ζεστή καρδιά
    To give to you a warm heart
    κι όταν στην πόρτα σου μιλώ
    And when i speak to you at your door
    τα σκαλοπάτια σου φιλώ
    At the rungs i kiss you
    εσύ φωνάζεις "διώξ'τε τον τρελό"
    And you scream “bevare/persecute the mad man”

Θα την αντέξω του τρελού τη ρετσινιά
    I will put up with the fact that they call me mad
    μα πώς ν'αντέξω την δική σου απονιά
    But how am i to put up with your cruelty
    πες μου δυο λόγια να σωθώ
    Just tell me two words for me they are enough
    προτού στ'αλήθεια τρελαθώ
    Im going to go crazy for real
    δος μου το χέρι για να κρατηθώ
    Give me your hands for me to hold
    Κι όταν στην πόρτα σου μιλώ
    And when i m talking to you at your door
    τα σκαλοπάτια σου φιλώ
    And at the rungs i kiss you
    μη μου φωνάζεις "διώξ'τε τον τρελό"!
    Do not scream “bevare/persecute the mad man”!
    Last edited by Neslihan; 06-04-2007 at 01:26 PM.

3. julia2007 said:

Default thank you !

Thank you very much !

Actaully the song is quite curious - more interesting than I thought !

Neslihan said:

you are welcome sweetheart, and yeah the lyrics are very funny when i was translating they brought a smile to my face...

Deep Greek said:

Talking

Neslihan your trnslation makes this song ..funnier (ha ha) .
    Θα την αντέξω του τρελού τη ρετσινιά
    I will put up with.. (the fact that they call me mad)
    Its a tender love song not funny at all..
    Last edited by Deep Greek; 06-04-2007 at 11:40 AM.
    Γυναίκα που λαμπάδιασε σαν άχυρο

Neslihan said:

Oh Im sorry sir for making a tender love song funny.... i should not have made the effort to translate anyway Greek is not even my language why try in the first place to come and translate stuff here, i was stupid to do so.. next time you try my darling and make sense of songs.... i ll give up from now on.. well done

Neslihan said:

and i have edited my post but i can never achieve an excellence that can please you so please submit your own translation of the lyrics and tell people to ignore my translation as it is probably wrong...

maria_gr said:

Please Naslihan, don't give up . You know that I translate in Spanish, do you think that mine are perfect? No of course! But I don't give up. I try and day by day my translations are better. Don't forget that practice makes you better.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

Neslihan said:

You gotta be one of the best things that ever happened to this forum maria, your positivity, perfect translations and friendly attitute towards everyone makes it worthwhile for most people to come and check this forum. I think Deep Greek is right, one should always make sure that what is submitted here is correct and i thought they were correct (noone told me before my translations were wrong:P you get half the blame you see hihi im joking sweety) anyways, no stopping for me when it comes to learning Greek though, i have a half Greek daughter and when she grows older i want to raise her as a lovely Greek girl who speaks to her mum in Greek (well i m kinda running out of time) i have never studied Greek but first thing tomorrow i ll check all the local Greek classes... to go to a language school..
    thank you maria for everything although thank you is not enogh to describe how better you made me feel with your message
    xxx

maria_gr said:

I didn't say this just to make you feel better. I mean it. I always say the truth even if is bad or good. You're not taking lessons and you speak so well? What can I say?

Are you married with a Greek? How old are you (If you want to say of course!) I'm 19 years old.

So polla polla polla ma para polla filia se sena ke stin koroula sou!

~Δημόκριτος~

Neslihan said:

oh im 23 years old.. much older than you are.. im the big sister here hihi!! My partner is Greek ( 8 years with him now and my Greek still sucks hahaha truely hopeless im :P)

and loads loads loads of kisses to you too from me, erm.. and from my daughter too i guess in her dream, cos she is a sleep now
    Last edited by Neslihan; 06-04-2007 at 05:37 PM.

maria_gr said:

Υou're not very old. One of my brothers is older than you. Don't worry you'll learn Greek soon.

~Δημόκριτος~

Neslihan said:

i hope so... oww im going now it is 12 it is about 2am in Greece i think, you should rest too my sweet maria have a good night and sweet dreams

maria_gr said:

Kalinihta glikia mou ke onira glika.

~Δημόκριτος~

Deep Greek said:

Ω ρε φίλε, μάλλον είμαι πολύ κακός τελευταία...Τους χαλάω την ψυχολογία!Στο μέλλον θα είμαι πιο διακριτικός
    (Sorry young lady Naslihan)
    Γυναίκα που λαμπάδιασε σαν άχυρο

maria_gr said:

Η αλήθεια είναι ότι ήσουν λιγάκι σκληρός μαζί της. Η καημενούλα προσπαθεί κι εσύ της την λες άσχημα! Μια φιλική παρατήρηση και κάποιες διορθώσεις θα ήταν αρκετές. Anyway, δεν πειράζει ό,τι έγινε έγινε και δεν θα χαλάσουμε τις καρδιές μας για μια χαζομετάφραση!!!

~Δημόκριτος~

Neslihan said:

Oh, i feel like i m the trouble maker here. Deep Greek, we never said anything bad about you, we didnt think you were bad or that you caused me to feel isolated. I only ever said that you were right and that i should have made sure my translation had no mistakes at all before i submit it. and the reason why i asked you to submit your translation was because i wanted to see the right translation so i can see my mistakes and try to improve my Greek, as i m going crazy for learning your language. Like Maria said... lets not break eachothers hearts over a stupid translation thing here, lets not have any hard feelings at all. I wish you both a lovely day my friends...
    Oh and Maria, I just spoke to The Hellenic Center language school and will start a new course in September... ole ole ole... i feel good.. when you start learning Turkish, my sweet Maria, I will explain to you everything in Greek, i wont speak to you in English then (promise)

maria_gr said:

Ah Naslihan mou, I'm happy for you! You will be able to learn well the Greek language and after you will speak better than me! I'm so proud of you. Continue the good work and you will do it!

~Δημόκριτος~

Neslihan said:

dont know how i ll pass the days and nights until the course starts. ( i got no patience haha).. i ll be asking a million questions to my partner about Greek every second until then.. but he just laughs and makes fun, that doesnt help much. they said to me on the phone that i can go to conversation classes every friday, i think until then i ll attend them. (send me some of your intelligence, i need it

maria_gr said:

Ι'll give you my positive energy cause I'm very stupid. I'm not intelligent at all. Thanks by the way.

Your partner doesn't help you? He just laughs? Then tell him that you need his help.

~Δημόκριτος~