Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning languages

Thanks

i have a book named 'dobro dosli ' but it only gives the conversation and then exercises no grammer. first i wanna learn the diffrences between'moj,moja,moje,etc...'(my,your,her,jis ..you know stuff)

thank you soo much!
    <3

Thanks

well i could help you.by the way books like yours are only for tourists.i have one also and its not helpfull.dont learn from it because you will learn nothing.so,we can begin with grammar basics and than later with rest.ok?its so nice that someone wants to learn my language!

Thanks

yeah you're right..actually i have 2 books .the other one Turkish - Croatian .but as you say its for tourists.cause it gives only the phareses(travelling,hotel,business etc.) but i dont want it.i wanna learn it all the way .. thank you so much!

here we go then!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    I would like to help you about Turkish. (I studied Turkish language teaching at university.) But it is a hard language,especially grammar (it's not like English at all) even sometimes I think that to teach Turkish is more difficult than to learn it.

But as far as I see you are very good at languages.
    You studied Turkish in university? I study Turkish language and literature, too. Which university?
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bogazici86 View Post
    You studied Turkish in university? I study Turkish language and literature, too. Which university?
    Wow all the future professors are gathered here. I study Greek language!!!
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Maria are you serious? You study greek language and literature? In Which uni?
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

Thanks

Maria are you serious? You study greek language and literature? In Which uni?
    Of course I'm serious. I study Greek language and literature in the Aristotelio University of Thessaloniki! I just finished the first year...

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Very good. I wonder Thessaloniki. I heard that it a nice place. So we have a common point, ha? you learn turkish and I learn greek; very good coincidence

Thanks

Very good. I wonder Thessaloniki. I heard that it a nice place. So we have a common point, ha? you learn turkish and I learn greek; very good coincidence
    Ι cannot imagine a Turk who doesn't like Thessaloniki (Selanik). Yes, it's a wonderful place to study...

Yeap, very good coincidence. You can help me with turkish, I can help you with greek

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

ok.Moshe now translate me that song hope from subliminal.

Thanks

According to me Selanik is definitely the best city of Greece... (I have been in Athens,Thessaloniki and Kavala in 2005.)
    You were in Kavala and in Thessaloniki, but not in Serres? Serres is better than Kavala! (As you can see, we love each other so much!)

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Unfortunately I didn't have chance to travel to Serres.Maybe next time...
    Yeap! We're waiting you...

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Hehe,efharisto poli Maria.

Black Sea is waiting for you as well. (I live on Black Sea coast. Πόντος in Greek? )
    Yes, it's Pontos. I'll try to come one day.

Btw, do you know spanish?

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

No,I dont know Spanish except some basic words.(But I like the meaning of my signature.)
    Yes, your signature is so good!

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Gracias.
    De nada amiga!

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Wow all the future professors are gathered here. I study Greek language!!!
    Maria mou, i didn't know you are studying greek language... now i can understand why u like so much and have much patience to help us to learn greek
    I am really glad that i have met all of you here (Maria, Seda, Alp, Milena - i didn't know u are a turkish teacher!! -, Marmaris and other cool people here who i didn't met before...) coz i love languages, although i have not studied languages at university (i am a journalist), but i'd like to work with languages (translations maybe in the future).

As many of you've already known, I am from Brazil and i can speak portuguese (of course!), spanish and english fluently... I am trying to learn turkish and greek. Actually i have been trying to learn turkish since 2003 and last year (May 2006) i've been to T&#252;rkiye for holidays (i was in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Pamukkale and Efes) but i couldn't speak as i'd like to speak (only merhaba, g&#252;naydin, tesekk&#252;rler... and some other basics) and my BF was full time with me and i was ashamed to try more to speak, even tough he encouraged me to try, i didn't take enough courage to do it... So, i am feeling like a turkish beginner yet, although some turkish people don't consider me as a beginner...

Then I'd like to learn other languages too like arabic, serbian/croatian... but i am a normal person (with my own rhythm to learn and i have many things to do at work) and i think i should learn everything in its season... I've been learning turkish for a long time and i must keep my atention on it... but greek appeared unexpectedly (coz of Sarbel's songs. You've known abt it, haven't you Seda mou? ) to me at this time too...

At last but not at least, i am glad to meet people who can share same passion of me: learning new languages and coz of it meeting new people and becoming friends. It is priceless!!!
    Last edited by lesenna; 07-17-2007 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks

I forgot to mention that i am here ready to help about portuguese (especially brazilian portuguese) language and translations of lyrics....
    You can ask me about it whatever you want and i'll be happy to help you all...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesenna View Post
    Maria mou, i didn't know you are studying greek language... now i can understand why u like so much and have much patience to help us to learn greek
    I am really glad that i have met all of you here (Maria, Seda, Alp, Milena - i didn't know u are a turkish teacher!! -, Marmaris and other cool people here who i didn't met before...) coz i love languages, although i have not studied languages at university (i am a journalist), but i'd like to work with languages (translations maybe in the future).

As many of you've already known, I am from Brazil and i can speak portuguese (of course!), spanish and english fluently... I am trying to learn turkish and greek. Actually i have been trying to learn turkish since 2003 and last year (May 2006) i've been to Türkiye for holidays (i was in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Pamukkale and Efes) but i couldn't speak as i'd like to speak (only merhaba, günaydin, tesekkürler... and some other basics) and my BF was full time with me and i was ashamed to try more to speak, even tough he encouraged me to try, i didn't take enough courage to do it... So, i am feeling like a turkish beginner yet, although some turkish people don't consider me as a beginner...

Then I'd like to learn other languages too like arabic, serbian/croatian... but i am a normal person (with my own rhythm to learn and i have many things to do at work) and i think i should learn everything in its season... I've been learning turkish for a long time and i must keep my atention on it... but greek appeared unexpectedly (coz of Sarbel's songs. You've known abt it, haven't you Seda mou? ) to me at this time too...

At last but not at least, i am glad to meet people who can share same passion of me: learning new languages and coz of it meeting new people and becoming friends. It is priceless!!!
    Yes Lesenna mou, I'm studying Greek language!

Don't be worried, I'm sure you'll learn Turkish and Greek. You are a great person with many skills. "Ali ali kai treis ali gia mena" (=alas, alas and third time alas for me). I believe that I'll never manage to learn Turkish and Bulgarian...

P.S You can consider me as a friend. I do...

Kisses, filouthkia, besitos

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Impossible is nothing!
    Hihi, tienes razón (=you're right)!

~Δημόκριτος~

Thanks

Teşekk&#252;rler my lesenna, I'm very glad to meet you too. I feel lucky because I have wonderful friends as you mentioned. We learn greek and as you said I know about your sarbel admiration as I have it, too! His songs help me a lot. Even though you didn't studied languages in uni, you're quite good lesenna. Your questions about turkish are rather sophisticated I'm happy you always ask them

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast