a few words from spanish lyrics to english or greek. thanx!

Thread: a few words from spanish lyrics to english or greek. thanx!

Tags: None

alex_fandelatinos said:

Smile a few words from spanish lyrics to english or greek. thanx!

hello! could someone please translate the words: ENSENAME, NO PARES, QUE HAY DETRAS for me? thanxx! i am a fan o latin music from greece. especially i like rbd, erreway, floricienta, axel fernando, juanes... my email: alex_vret@yahoo.gr
    thanx again!

2. Esbes said:

Show me, please don't wait, what's behind

"please don't wait": i am not sure about this, because this is quite a strange form or it has to come from another verb but this one would be better in the context)

Hm i guess this is it, but 1. because i am not spanish 2. because i am not greek, i can't translate it into greek and i think it still needs control especially because of the second part. Just see this like a kind of preview

alex_fandelatinos said:

thanxxx! it was really helpful!

4. Esbes said:

You're welcome, parakalw

alex_fandelatinos said:

do you speak greek? how many languages do you talk? i love learning extraign languages! i speak english, french, spanish(i can understand not talk). i want learn portugues and russian maybe. but i will when i will go to the university! are you a boy or a girl? how old are you?

xiurell said:

hi

'no pares' means 'don't stop'
    from the verb 'parar'

7. Esbes said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    hi

'no pares' means 'don't stop'
    from the verb 'parar'
    Oh okay well that was the verb i was thinking about only the wrong translation, but it was that it was pares and not paras that confused me, well thank you for your correction anyways!

8. Esbes said:

Quote Originally Posted by alex_fandelatinos View Post
    do you speak greek? how many languages do you talk? i love learning extraign languages! i speak english, french, spanish(i can understand not talk). i want learn portugues and russian maybe. but i will when i will go to the university! are you a boy or a girl? how old are you?
    And i think you speak Greek as well since you are Greek?

I speak Greek only a bit unfortunately since I've been three times in Greece already, lucky me, but i am learning it now a bit, so hope it will get a lot better!
    And how many languages i talk hm difficult, i don't know if i really talk them all but: dutch (native language), english, french (have had it for 5 years on school now), german (four years on school, but it;s much better then my french), spanish (two years on school but still better than my french :P), and then i've also got Latin on school (only reading), and I've even had ancient-greek on school (only reading) for three years... I know that's a lot of languages on school...And then i can write in finnish too, but only small talk, not that well...
    So 8 languages, and that sounds like very very much it is that i like languages... and everybody here in holland knows at least 4 languages, but more is very common. But i don't speak them all very well ofcourse... Sorry quite a long story about the languages

and i'm a girl of 15 years old, and what about you? Where in Greece do you live?

But maybe you can answer in a personal message otherwise this will become one big talking topic or something while it was used only to get an answer on a question

penny said:

hola to everybody. i'm greek and i love spanish but unfortunately i have no time to go to privet school to learn them( in school we don't have them).does anybody know what blotas and el forgon mean?

penny said:

γεια σου alex_fandelatinos και εγω φαν της φλορ, των erreway, RBD....

11. khanzat said:

Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    does anybody know what blotas and el forgon mean?
    None of these words is canonical spanish. They can be misprints or new slang words from Latin America (usually from reggeaton) and they don't have an official translation. You must deduce it from the context.

alex_fandelatinos said:

hi everyone thanx for your help!!!!!! i love learning foreign languages. I know latin and ancient greek (from schhol0 too. i speak english, french (i ve forgotten it a little) and spanish that i am learning by myself. when i ll go to the university i will watch classes. i want to learn portugues too! and russian maybe. good bye! Pathfinder clubs - Oé Erreway êáé ç Floricienta ãéá ðáíôá óôçí êïñõöç! Ãéá øáãìåíïõò öáí!

marifen said:

hola alquien que sepa que significa ''tener cabalas'' por favor??

14. khanzat said:

Quote Originally Posted by marifen View Post
    hola alquien que sepa que significa ''tener cabalas'' por favor??
    Significa tener suposiciones sobre algo, generalmente sobre algo que aún tiene que pasar.

Por ejemplo, se puede tener cábalas sobre cómo irá un viaje este verano o qué preguntas te pueden hacer en el examen de mañana.

marifen said:

si eso imaginaba yo tambien pero necesitaba asegurarme
    muchas gracias khanzat