Nobody has found this for me yet

Thread: Nobody has found this for me yet

Tags: None
  1. Dantrag said:

Default Nobody has found this for me yet

Hello everyone, how are you all? I post this about every 6 months or so, hoping beyond hope that anybody can pull a needle from a haystack. I have tried many times with no success to find this song I yearn to hear.
    Description:
    Instrumental (no words) completely synthasizer
    It sounds like it is from the 80's but could easily be from the 90's.
    It is a Chinese sounding song (Oriental jingle)
    It is a very funky beat.
    I reiderate it is totally all synthesizer.

If anybody out there has the remotest ideas of what this tune is, please throw it out there. I have had many good suggestions over the years, but alas no success.
    Come on all you music guru's. Find poor old Dantrag his tune
    Thank you in advance for reading & hopefully responding to my post
    Dantrag

2. evalani said:

Hi Dantrag! This Is Evalani. I Have Been Trying To Find Out Who Made That Song Too! I Know It Was Made Around The Early 80's Because I Was In Elementary School About The 4th Or 5th Grade! At My School We Would Have Dances In The Auditorium Everyday. They Would Play Kano I'm Ready,a Taste Of Honey,wide Receiver By Michael Henderson,prince,michael Jackson,queen,the B-52's And That Song That You Are Talking About And Loads Of Other Music Too!that Was The Hi-light Of My Day Was To Listen To All The Good Music And Dance My Little Tail Off! Anyway I Remember I Saw The Group On American Bandstand Back Then. All I Can Remember Was That I Saw A Woman,and I Think Two Guys Who Were I Believe Japanese And It Sounded So Good!we Had A Dj Here In Michigan By The Name Of "the Electrifying Mojo" In The Mid 80's To Mid 90's. He Was Awesome! He Would Play All Genre's Of Music And He Would Play That Song Daily! He Was The Best Dj I Have Ever Heard And He Would Say Ain't Nobody Bad Like Me,and If You Feel Like Letting Go ,tie Yourself A Knot ,hold On,and Don't Let Go. I Think It Was Said That Way.but Anyway,he Put A Lot Of Musician's On The Map Including The B-52's And Prince.i Hope That Someone Out There Can Help! I'm Gonna Ask A Couple Of Dj Friends Of Mine And Get Back To You. I Hope That I Didn't Send Too Long Of An E-mail To Ya!

jetstew said:

Well, I'm sure someone has guessed this before, but here goes:

Could it be "Axel F" from the Beverly Hills Cop Soundtrack? It's funky, but I'm not sure on the Oriental part. I thought there was also an instrumental of "Sukiyaki", but that's not really "funky".

Best of luck, If nothing else, your thread gets a bump!

Evalani,
    I remember "The Electrifying Mojo" well, he was a great DJ in his day. I have to ask, where in the devil in Michigan did you go to elementary school? Dances in the auditorium every day? I guess I was raised in a lame part of the state!
    Oh Stewardess..........I speak jive.

4. evalani said:

hey jetstew! yeah i grew up in the motor city,been here for 38 years. went to barton elementary on the west side of the d! yeah it's true that we would have dances every single day thanks to our principle Mr. Carpenter and our music teacher Mrs. Coleman. man those were the days! we would bring in albums and 45's with our parents permission of course and jam for about an hour in that auditorium! that was a fun school and i had the best years and friends there as well as some relatives who attended too. i haven't heard anything about Mojo in about 10 years. i wish he was still on the radio for some of us old school people who really had the best teenager years listening to his show!well i just wanted to put my first school ever attended on the map! hope that i can find out who made these songs though!it wasn't axel f though nor a taste of honey. it was keyboards and synthesizers like dantrag had said. it was a song that i think the guys were breakdancing too in the early 80's like 1980 or 1979. i got the beat ,i remember how the song went and everything! Mojo used to play it just about everyday on 107.5 wgpr,detroit!ha ha ha! it was a woman and two or three men and they were asian. i thought that it might have been a group named hiroshima.but i could be wrong. anyway i need to find these two songs along with dantrag.

5. rwalker142 said:

Not real sure but it could be a song called Chinese Checkers. It was a pretty cool song, but i think it came out in the late 80's but i could be wrong.

6. darad227 said:

Not sure if I'll do you much good either as I'm not 100% sure of the song you're talking about. I do know that in the 80's and 90's artists like Hiroshima and Ryuichi Sakamoto were pretty popular in U.S. and have instrumental songs. Andreas Vollenweider, a harpist who everyone says looks like Richard Simmons also had oriental sounds in his music and he was also popular back then. Wish I could have helped you more, if you could be a bit more specific I might could give you more names but good luck in your search.

7. Findjenna said:

Unhappy Instrumental

Man, I know exactly what song you are talking about, but can't come up with it either, I thought it might be Bjork, but I went to CD.now and listened to her greatest hits and it was not on there...sorry!

8. nordberg said:

Are the artists you are looking for in amongst this list at all? I haven't taken the time to look myself, but perhaps this will shed a little light on the subject.

Amazon.com: "80's synth band must haves"
    Last edited by nordberg; 07-16-2007 at 07:42 AM.

9. nordberg said:

Here is another suggestion anyway.

Check this out. Make sure you read the reviews too.

New Musik Warp CD +5
    Last edited by nordberg; 07-16-2007 at 07:42 AM.

10. Margo said:

Hello Dantrag,

I am new to this site. I'm not sure if anyone suggested the group that you are referring to imay be Yellow Magic Orchestra". In the 80's they had a girl on keyboards with three guys(at least she was there on an old episode of Soul Train which aired 07/14/07.There was a recent performance on LIVE EARTH

CHECK OUT LIVE EARTH ON MSN FOR PHOTOS AND MORE INFORMATION.

Live Earth Artist: Yellow Magic Orchestra
    Performing at the Japan Concert

A pioneering Japanese synth-pop band, Yellow Magic Orchestra was a trio who enjoyed a solid cult following in their time together, from 1978-1983. Led by Ryuuchi Sakamoto, who later enjoyed success as a solo artist, the band used the burgeoning technology of synthesizers in innovative, exciting ways on records such 1981's "BGM," and "Naughty Boys," released in 1983. Ten years after their break-up, they got back together for 1993's "Technodon," and over the past several years have occasionally performed under the name Human Audio Sponge.

More Yellow Magic Orchestra on MSN Music

Margo
    Last edited by Margo; 07-16-2007 at 08:13 PM.

11. eclassmodel said:

Smile Hello

It sounds like the Chinese Checkers song by Lois Lane in the 80's funk strange like R&B song oriental like. Check out this link

Amazon.com: Adventures of Lois Lane: Music: Lois Lane

12. Xtrouble said:

Red face No lyrics

Hi, I am new to this forum, so I'm not sure if you have had this suggestion or not, but possibly "BUTTERED POPCORN"? I know this was a song that was very popular in the 80's, no lyrics, all synthesizer. I have no idea what the name of the group is. Hope this helps.

13. lordofthenoobs said:

Default I found it

The song you are looking for is by Herbie Hancock and it is called Rockit. My wife and I were looking for this song for 2 years so I hope this is the one you want.

14. lordofthenoobs said:

and if you want to see the video it is on my you tube pade here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7dAxvj2mlU

Hope you get this

15. Luke of Metal said:

Quote Originally Posted by evalani View Post
    hey jetstew! yeah i grew up in the motor city,been here for 38 years. Went to barton elementary on the west side of the d!
    Yeah it's true that we would have dances every single day thanks to our principle Mr. Carpenter and our music teacher Mrs. Coleman, man those were the days! We would bring in albums and 45's with our parents permission of course and jam for about an hour in that auditorium!

That was a fun school and i had the best years and friends there as well as some relatives who attended too. i haven't heard anything about Mojo in about 10 years. i wish he was still on the radio for some of us old school people who really had the best teenager years listening to his show!

Well i just wanted to put my first school ever attended on the map! hope that i can find out who made these songs though!it wasn't axel f though nor a taste of honey. It was keyboards and synthesizers like dantrag had said. I
    t was a song that i think the guys were breakdancing too in the early 80's like 1980 or 1979. i got the beat ,i remember how the song went and everything!

Mojo used to play it just about everyday on 107.5 wgpr,detroit!ha ha ha! it was a woman and two or three men and they were asian. i thought that it might have been a group named hiroshima.but i could be wrong. anyway i need to find these two songs along with dantrag.
    I've formatted your quote into some paragraphs that are easier to read.

Erm... I don't know about the song, is it something by Harold Faltermyer (sp?) or Paul Hardcastle?

16. faygokid86 said:

I think I may have found it!!!!! Try "firecracker" by Yellow Magic Orchestra. I too grew up in Detroit, and also danced and listened to songs in our school auditorium. I went to Gardner Elementary. I hope this is it for you guys. I actually found this song through this forum, so I hope that I can one day give back to it.