Need a little help, song from early 2000's (I think)

Thread: Need a little help, song from early 2000's (I think)

Tags: None
  1. AdamCassady said:

Default Need a little help, song from early 2000's (I think)

Okay. I can't remember any lyrics, and I can't remember the song title, and I can't remember the artist. Heh. Here are some things I do remember, though:

The song came out in the late 90s or early 2000s.

There was a video released on MTV or VH1, I think. As I recall, it featured a guy, I think he was dressed in white, he looked vaguely like Jamiroquai. He was playing an organ-like synth, but it was short, not 88 keys. I think there might have been another synth on top in a dual configuration, and he might have been playing both simultaneously. I want to say that he was playing on a stage. He might have been wearing white. He was either biracial or black, I think.

His voice is very high and very sweet, almost cloying. Like a male Sade Adu if she had no self control at high ranges.

The song itself is very downbeat, very mellow, kind of like smooth jazz. He sings in an abnormally high register throughout the song. I think it's about a woman, and I think the word "love" is in there. (Doesn't that help narrow it down?)

I'm desperate!

*EDIT* It wasn't very popular.

2. saturnine11 said:

hmm the only person that comes to mind is Remy Shand. he has a really high voice and plays blues/jazzy type music & i know he plays keyboard i think?

this was his first single in 2002-ish Remy Shand - The way i feel Lyrics for Song

perhaps thats it? or at least the artist? maaaybe?

3. AdamCassady said:

Saturnine, YES! That was it. Thank you, thank you, a hundred times, thank you!

4. AdamCassady said:

The song I was thinking of was "Take a Message."

5. saturnine11 said:

Glad i could help!
    now i need help with mine

SOULstice said:

Nice Find!!
    "And the music shall set you free..."