Solved: Commercial Song unidentified!

Thread: Solved: Commercial Song unidentified!

Tags: None
  1. PaK said:

Exclamation Solved: Commercial Song unidentified!

Hey folks... I could use your help on that one.

On Youtube they have a great G4TV ad where a plastic Spock shows off his house. They used 2 songs making that, the last one being "Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee. But what in all hell is the first song? I don't know it and it drives me nuts that nobody seems to ever have heard of it. It seems to be an instrumental, i.e. there are no lyrics, but still I hope there are some guys here who know it nonetheless.

Here's the link to the video on Youtube: YouTube - Star Trek Cribs - The Director's Cut

I found out that the very same song has also been used for some Spike TV ads, but still I couldn't find out its title.

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by PaK; 05-06-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Problem solved!

F A B Scott said:

It sounds like it's a piece cut out of this.

YouTube - F.U.S.E. - Substance Abuse

I could be wrong though.

edit: Second thoughts - too fast, too electronic...

3. PaK said:

Question Nope...

... that's not the one I was looking for, but thx anyway... I think it sounds like some Club/RnB style, considering the beat (roughly similar to "Nelly - Hot In Here"). Can anyone else help me?
    Last edited by PaK; 06-23-2007 at 10:46 PM.

4. PaK said:

Here's another vid that features the song I'm looking for - this time it's a nice SpikeTV ad...

Dude Youre A Dad - ebaumsworld.com

Please, folks, somebody HAS TO know that song!!

5. nordberg said:

Is it featured in any of these vids?

TV.com User Videos

6. PaK said:

Well, dunno... ain't got time to watch 'em all... What about it?

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by PaK View Post
    Well, dunno... ain't got time to watch 'em all... What about it?
    Well, if it was, maybe we could get a better listen to it to try and identify it for you..

If we had time of course.

8. PaK said:

Sorry folks, but the two vids I listed are up to my knowledge the only ones to feature that song. I had in mind that it could be some RnB or Hip Hop remix or instrumental piece, due to its rough resemblance to Nelly's "Hot In Here" beat...

I'm still hoping that there are some dudes hanging around here who know this song and can name it after having heard one sec of it, or sth. like that...

9. PaK said:

Back to top... I still don't have an idea what this song is - anyone else here got a clue?

10. PaK said:

Again back to top... I've heard this piece on some more tv commercials now, but still I don't know what it is. I've mailed a request to the tv station on which I last heard it and I'm still waiting for an answer. If it comes, I'll solve it here, but 'til then I hope someone on this forum might know it...

11. PaK said:

Hi there,

I found another vid on youtube that features the exact song I'm looking for (from a German tv show), and there you can hear more of it than in the other vids. Maybe someone out there recognizes it now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZtKUKDda6A

12. falzar101@hotmail.com said:

Try getting a sample without talking on it and I can try a track ID.

13. PaK said:

Well,

my request at the tv station finally paid!

The Problem is finally solved, the track is called "Ded Prezidentz" and made by Dastardly/Longhair. I have no idea how to finally get it, but that's my problem, at least I know the title.

Thanks for your help!

F A B Scott said:

Good job - thanks for letting us know.

DJ Maxx said:

16. PaK said:

Unfortunately, this is not the complete song... anyone else got a clue? It's not available on iTunes...

17. PaK said:

Okay, guys - I got a CD that features this song, the quest is over